Game launching with HA? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real life is over rated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-11, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Game launching with HA?

Sorry if there is already a post about this but I couldnt find one.

I was wondering does anyone knows if the game will launch with HA weapons? ie Jackhammer, Lasher, MCG. Or are they waiting to test them in beta... or release them later on as a weapons pack?

Not seen much info about these weapons tbh.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Game launching with HA?

I think they are still being worked on, and most likely will be introduced during beta at some point. Up until now, all we have seen is a screenshot of the MCG.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Can't remember seeing a specific quote saying so.. But I'm almost certain it will be in, they said the only reason they arnt in right now is because the animations for the underslung weapons haven't been done yet.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Should be at least one AV and one classic HA weapon on each at release. Maybe more, depends how long the beta runs :P
Old 2012-07-11, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

ya the staple HA and AV weapons will probably return. i would imagine we'll get to see some other new weapons as well. there seems to be a whole lot more weapon choices from what i've seen so far than in ps1. i think that will be very cool that there are more options. hopefully the pistols are a bit stronger too more in line with bf3 or bc2 where you can take a guy out with them if you sneak up on someone.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info

Considering in this week's Command Center brief T-ray said his favorite class is HA assuming it's already in at least one of the builds
Old 2012-07-11, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SnipeGrzywa View Post
Considering in this week's Command Center brief T-ray said his favorite class is HA assuming it's already in at least one of the builds
When he says HA, he means the little guy in your avatar.

Heavy Assault should have access to LMG's, battle rifles(?), anti-vehicle weaponry, and classic "heavy assault" weaponry. Also, I believe the LMG/BR is a must have selection, with AV and HA competing for the second weapon slot?
Old 2012-07-11, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NCLynx
Major

Launch? Yes.

Beta? Maybe. Soon. Ehhhhhhh.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-11, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
Can't remember seeing a specific quote saying so.. But I'm almost certain it will be in, they said the only reason they arnt in right now is because the animations for the underslung weapons haven't been done yet.
This is exactly it. Everytime the HA weapons gets brought up with devs, they say they animations weren't done yet and are disabled in game
Old 2012-07-11, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
When he says HA, he means the little guy in your avatar.

Heavy Assault should have access to LMG's, battle rifles(?), anti-vehicle weaponry, and classic "heavy assault" weaponry. Also, I believe the LMG/BR is a must have selection, with AV and HA competing for the second weapon slot?
Honestly, I would prefer if they made it almost a specialization choice. If you focus on fighting AV, take missile launcher and a LMG for infantry. If you want to focus infantry, take the ES heavy weapon and maybe a rocket rifle for the BR spot to help defend against vehicles.

I doubt they'll do it that way though...
Old 2012-07-11, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Honestly, I would prefer if they made it almost a specialization choice. If you focus on fighting AV, take missile launcher and a LMG for infantry. If you want to focus infantry, take the ES heavy weapon and maybe a rocket rifle for the BR spot to help defend against vehicles.

I doubt they'll do it that way though...
Me neither. I'm confident the LMG/BR will be considered their standard issued mid-range infantry engagement tool, then they'll pick their unit type engagement tool: armor of infantry. Hell, there are rocket launchers for the type of vehicle as seen here.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Heavy_Assault

Also note: there was evidence of there being a lancer cert, don't know why it's not in that list.

Mind you, that's the E3 build, but I doubt they'd streamline the variations down to a single launcher. HA might be handled in a similar fashion, and that might mean an auto shotgun for the TR, just as an example.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-11, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I don't know if we've seen any confirmation one way or the other.

Although the more I watch the gameplay the more I question the value of those weapons. We might like them for nostalgia, but I have a hard time imagining why I would want a MCG over the LMG (Cycler ARV). It would have to be a lot better at close quarters combat, which might cut into the value of MAX units and weapons like the flamethrower.

I'm not yet convinced PS2 needs those HA weapons in order to have great gameplay. They may even be a threat to it.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post

I'm not yet convinced PS2 needs those HA weapons in order to have great gameplay. They may even be a threat to it.
I felt this way with HA in Planetside 1. Planetside 2 it just seems... overkill.

I find it hard to believe it's taking them this long to work on underhand animations, but what do I know? I figure they're still debating the necessity of HA weaponry in PS2. Don't introduce them if you're just going to pull them from the game due to balance issues, right?
Old 2012-07-11, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Last we heard they weren't in E3 because the animations weren't done. We've seen multiple SS's of the MCG, and all 3 HA has been mentioned at some point.

Sorry you guys couldn't nerf everyone's playstyles.

Last edited by Bags; 2012-07-11 at 04:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Suck it HA haters. Sorry you guys couldn't nerf everyone's playstyles.
I'm actually hoping we all get a MCG, Jackhammer, and Lasher variant for release so everyone has the same opportunity to use different playstyles when they are advantageous.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion