Do you believe your faction is correct? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not the size, it's how you use it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which faction & why?
I am TR, because I support their agenda. 68 20.06%
I am TR for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 56 16.52%
I am NC, because I support their agenda. 52 15.34%
I am NC, for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 57 16.81%
I am VS, because I support their agenda. 57 16.81%
I am VS for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 49 14.45%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-05, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Soyokaze
Corporal

Post Do you believe your faction is correct?

I'm curious to see how members of the community feels about their faction's agendas. Is there an even breakdown of reasons for why people joined their faction, or do some factions skew more towards true believers than others?

I, for one, am very loyal to the VS because I believe that the TR are monsters and that the NC, while well meaning, are directionless. I believe the VS are to correct option.

Others, however, pick their faction based on their favorite guns/vehicles/color scheme.

Which are you?

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu

Last edited by Soyokaze; 2012-07-05 at 02:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Do you believe your faction is correct?

I want to be able to pick both options for TR

||| Facebook | Twitter | Forums |||
Old 2012-07-05, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

VS my Brother im with you !
Old 2012-07-05, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MasterCalaelen
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

I play VS because that's what my Outfit runs as. I have no preference to Empire, as they all have pros and cons.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

The TR is a military dictatorship... boooooh! The NC is an imperialistic, capitalistic driven bunch of rednecks, deluded into thinking they're fighting for "freedom". The VS are the only ones that want true progress for the human race... for our societies, as well as our biological, evolution. ^^

Yay, VS!

Last edited by Sabot; 2012-07-05 at 03:28 AM.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

I'm TR, but if I was support an agenda it would probably be the VS agenda, because there's obviously some instability and discontent within the Republic - which is why it's a police state. Which, in a war-game, totally appeals to me. They look a little goofy, but unbelievably badass at the same time. They also have this 'order at all cost'-dystopian feel to them.

That said, I might end up on either of the three factions in the end, since gameplay is what matters the most to me.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Policenaut
Sergeant

Going TR here. It just feels good to put the peasants in their place, in addition, I get to look good while doing it.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

I don't really care about their agendas. I play NC for gameplay and aesthetic reasons.
Would certainly tend to play TR otherwise :P
Old 2012-07-05, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
xnorb
Sergeant

As a newcomer i will testdrive all factions before really deciding.
It will be a decision based plain on weapon handling.

But the pink pony faction isn't really appealing to me from an asthetics view
Old 2012-07-05, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Momember
Corporal

NC because we are the rebels and the bandits mixed in with some idealists but we are mostly outlaws who have disdain for authority.

The Vanu are religious zealots and geeks.
and the TR are Tyrants.

Simply put

TR are storm troopers
Vanu are Trekies
and the NC are the rebels/ smugglers
/sarcasm

Old 2012-07-05, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Garem
Sergeant

On the front end, I'll admit that I'm a TR fan. Why? Maybe because I picked them first many years ago... or maybe (probably) it's something else. Something that makes them feel real, make sense.

I'll try to step away from that bias, however, and for a moment put on my political scientist shoes. The TR make sense for a million reasons. They are the power, they have a historically justified purpose and therefore have legitimacy in the new world. It's an era of hegemonic transition; new powers have arisen and conflict is written into the human character. It can happen peacefully, but that's extremely rare (see: British dominance to American dominance following WWII). The old powers don't tend to peacefully back down from rising threats. The TR is no different. It was the rightful and peaceful ruler for so long, why tolerate change now?

The NC make sense for several reasons, although they vary WILDLY. Some are truly freedom fighters, and that idea makes sense. Some are mercenaries, and that makes a lot of sense too. But at the end of the day, they are funded by and serve the interests of corporations... and that's kind of okay. It's just a place where a business conglomerate has equal power to a government (which happens today! see China v. Google as an example) and their interests are close enough to the people to justify a mutual relationship. Technically corporate puppets? Sure, maybe. But they can at least justify the relationship.

The VS... here's where I struggle to understand the political purpose and motivation. None of it quite flows together. How does a sizable portion of the population buy into visions of a dead society/god and cling to that instead of the TR or NC? What makes them different, and perhaps more importantly what did this group see that didn't make at least SOME sense to the rest of the population? And why exactly do these people throw themselves into harm's way constantly? They're interesting, but it needs a lot more backstory and fleshing out to make sense.

Anyways... go TR!

Last edited by Garem; 2012-07-05 at 03:49 AM.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I'd have picked both for TR. The rebels are little more than pissed off people that demand things without being reasonable about it. They also sold their souls to the highest bidder.

As a result, refer to sig.

The VS I feel less animosity towards. They'd probably would have been left alone had they decided not to follow a dead guy's voice and join the fight.
Old 2012-07-05, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Coreldan
Colonel

NC, both for me.

That said, PS1 presented NC lore better IMO

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-05, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Garem View Post
The VS... here's where I struggle to understand the political purpose and motivation. None of it quite flows together. How does a sizable portion of the population buy into visions of a dead society/god and cling to that instead of the TR or NC? What makes them different, and perhaps more importantly what did this group see that didn't make at least SOME sense to the rest of the population? And why exactly do these people throw themselves into harm's way constantly? They're interesting, but it needs a lot more backstory and fleshing out to make sense.

Anyways... go TR!
Oh, I can answer that!

Both NC and the TR do see the benefits of pursuing the VS agenda. However none of them will admit it.

The NC wont admit it becuase the backers of their war are afraid of losing the control of their investment... namely the economical investment in the NC to further their diabolical plan of controling government through control of the natural resources (in short, the $$) on Auraxis.

The TR are backwards people to begin with... conservatives. They're simply afraid of losing political control if they make any changes to their ideology. So they pick up arms to beat down the ones that have a difference of opinion to make sure their ways are preserved.

I won't claim the VS are any more righteous in their war than the NC and TR... but at least they want progress that in the end, however the war ends, will benefit mankind... for the winner will use what the VS find through studying Vanu tech, no matter what they claim now.
Old 2012-07-05, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
fod
Master Sergeant

TR=military dictatorship
NC=corporation rule
VS=technological advancement & human evolution

hard choice
VS.!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion