Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 36 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's my pantleg, you idiots. -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #526
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

My question is, why would Planetside 2 need prone in the first place? It's like asking for swimming in a game like...Splinter cell conviction. There is barely any water in the game and it's not needed. Although you are welcome to convince me otherwise.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #527
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

This thread has really degraded into Stew arguing with most of the community by linking videos which he thinks prove that prone is harmless, but they fail to convince anyone else.

Edit: Also, prone is rendered meaningless by either adding more cover, or making it tall enough to crouch behind. The only reason you see BF3 people having to run & prone, run & prone is because they removed most of the cover compared to BFBC2. The mere presence of prone changed the map design to force its use. In games where it doesn't exist they balance the map around it not existing.

Were PS2 to adopt prone, they would have to change all of the combat areas on all continents to account for this new gameplay element. Seems kind of meaningless to me given that it doesn't add anything noteworthy to the game.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-10 at 04:03 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #528
goneglockin
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Have you take a look at the proof up there ? match
What you choose to do is not proof of anything.

When I log into a BFBC2/BF3 server there are a few people trying to get the objectives and they're being cut down by the other players, who are laying down prone, working on their tan.

Wanna know what proof is? Look up the of global stats for win ratio of attackers/defenders on any given day. The game is pathetic. Attackers just sit there because they don't want to hurt their stats. They wait for their turn to play defense, their turn to win. I don't give a rats ass what you do with it, but a combination of things has turned BF3 into a complete waste of people's time; prone+foilage being one of them.

Last edited by goneglockin; 2012-06-10 at 04:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #529
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
This thread has really degraded into Stew arguing with most of the community by linking videos which he thinks prove that prone is harmless, but they fail to convince anyone else.
lol whats the hell is this ?

I explain every single point of whats is Prone and whats it does i put up fact u denied it and keep a close mind into it

If prone is bad is because the game did not make it good Bf2 and Bf2 mc as a horrificly bad prone and unfair prone accuracy boost and hit detection thats make prone players to have a to big edje over the others

BF3 prone mechanics are well done so its serve a way more the run and gunners than the campers and serve a way more the agressive gameplay than the passive camping ones

those are facts you denied it fine

but dont start to turn all this into personal atack because i try to proove thats all concern about not aving prone can be fix like having cloak desactivated for infiltrator while prone

i try to make something constructive and something GOOD out of this

You try to turn it in personal atack denying all i have to say and proove just to stick whith ur point of view so yeah just quit the discussion if its to be like this

whats you want to put up exept that you dont like prone ?

we got it you dont like prone so do you really need to turn this into a vendetta ?

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 04:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #530
Luieburger
Sergeant

I say no. For any historical or modern warfare type shooters I require it, but this game is much more team based like TF2. Prone in TF2 would be a waste, or even a problem. I think prone would be an equal problem in PS2.

Last edited by Luieburger; 2012-06-10 at 04:11 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #531
goneglockin
Sergeant

Stew,

I'm gonna tell you this in plain simple english.

Games like BF3 sell millions of copies to people at all levels of game experience. The people who design these games purposefully make them so everyone can play them, everyone can get kills, everyone has a chance to win, and everyone has fun and keeps buying their shitty games.

They are not a good example of anything except how to make a bland game that pleases everyone until they get bored with it 6 months to a year later, and leave for the next turd coming out.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #532
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Stew you have an interesting definition of "fact."
Old 2012-06-10, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #533
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post

Edit: Also, prone is rendered meaningless by either adding more cover, or making it tall enough to crouch behind. The only reason you see BF3 people having to run & prone, run & prone is because they removed most of the cover compared to BFBC2.

Their is a point ive already point out but agains BFbc2 as less cover than BF3 in BFBC2 almost all building and tree was compleatly ¸destroy before the end of the match in BF3 they have ad some more cover to help the rush modes and many building catn be broken uinto piece unlike BF3

ANyway their is exactly my concern

the most part of the maps In planetside 2 are pretty empty few rock here and they few cliff few castucs so almost all the hill the edje and the side of those hill will be the only cover so the prone will be more than welcome to figth in those area think about it as a infantry !
Old 2012-06-10, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #534
mynameismud
Corporal

If you want prone, go play all those shitty modern shooters you keep posting about and love so much. Do not try to turn planetside 2 into one of them.

Adding prone to planetside 2 is like throwing mayonnaise on a pizza. If you like the taste of that garbage that's cool. Go to the pizza places you like that serve that garbage. But don't come to the pizza places ive gone to for years and start demanding i have to eat the pizza you like.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #535
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by goneglockin View Post
Stew,

I'm gonna tell you this in plain simple english.

Games like BF3 sell millions of copies to people at all levels of game experience. The people who design these games purposefully make them so everyone can play them, everyone can get kills, everyone has a chance to win, and everyone has fun and keeps buying their shitty games.

They are not a good example of anything except how to make a bland game that pleases everyone until they get bored with it 6 months to a year later, and leave for the next turd coming out.
Ok so you say thats planetside must have a gameplay thats no ones would like to play in order to see this game die ? since its a free to play and they dont even get a single $ for each copy downloaded ?

And planetside will only be better with prone Not worst depending on HOW the mechnics work if the prone is baddly made ILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY REMOOVE THIS CRAP !

But from my experience prone is a good feature with endless possibility to use the terrain for a smart run and gunner
Old 2012-06-10, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #536
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
If you want prone, go play all those shitty modern shooters you keep posting about and love so much. Do not try to turn planetside 2 into one of them.

Adding prone to planetside 2 is like throwing mayonnaise on a pizza. If you like the taste of that garbage that's cool. Go to the pizza places you like that serve that garbage. But don't come to the pizza places ive gone to for years and start demanding i have to eat the pizza you like.
dude planetside 2 is based on modern shooters lol Matt higby say it the ceo of SOE said it the planetside producer say it Tramel isaac said it

why all those people are all agains me and try to atack me personally Atack the ideas atack the true stuff

why atacking me ?

put up some facts some proof some video to proove your point stop acting like a pack of wolf over me am i doing anything wrong just because i defend the thing i can proove

prone isnt camping BF3 is not perfect but its a good game kinda hate the balistic ive prefere the bfbc2 balistic but the moovement etc.. are better in bf3 anyway

please try to make something constructive and try to avoid the personal stuff as much as possible thanks and peace
Old 2012-06-10, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #537
mynameismud
Corporal

you attacked me way long ago. waaaaaaay long ago, if you didnt talk shit i would have left by now.

so you can insult anyone one you want and disregard all opinions you dont agree with is what you are saying.

people who even agreed with your opinion on prone have looked at your arguments and took a big step back form you at how childishly you disregard other opinions.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #538
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Stew your posts look like the ravings of a paranoid schizophrenic. Here's some real facts for you.

Fact: 3 in 10 PSU voters want prone in PS2.

Fact: nearly 2/3 of PSU voters do not want prone in PS2.

It's quite clear that most planetsiders don't want prone, and your blathering and video linking isn't going to change that. The bit was flipped a long time ago.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #539
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Stew, what is the point of having prone in the game? Other than having a dolphin dive I don't see the point. Bad company 2 did without prone.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #540
mynameismud
Corporal

I was more than civil in my first and second post in this thread, you ended that.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 04:29 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion