Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 50 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I hope i'm the next Planetside idol!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #736
mynameismud
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
the LOL thing about thats is try to convince me thats u say is true since ive experience 2 games one with 64 players and the other with 256 players with a prone mechanics thats dosent affect the pace and the flow of the game at all !

Show me some exemple describe some situation thats actually take your mind setting and expose thats to us !
I have debated with you for long enough, you listen to nothing i say. I have made point after point with you the past hours, and it all just goes right over your head. You do not care what i say, cause it doesnt support your opinion. But please, tell me what people on the battlefield forum think about prone again, that was so valid. after all it supports your opinion.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #737
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
I deny your assertion that prone affects the pace of the game.

I propose instead that those who use prone would have been stationary anyway, and that it does not affect the prone player's targets' mobility at all (except possibly encouraging them to be more mobile, so as to exploit the prone position's main weakness).
That is a respectable thought but i do not agree. more power to you regardless.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #738
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
This thread went all night. I am impressed.
It's actually day-time where I am, and I have today free, so, speaking for myself, at least, it doesn't require as much dedication as it may seem

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #739
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Deleted cuz I decided I didn't want to go there.

Again, this is about Planetside 2!

Last edited by Cuross; 2012-06-10 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #740
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
I have debated with you for long enough, you listen to nothing i say. I have made point after point with you the past hours, and it all just goes right over your head. You do not care what i say, cause it doesnt support your opinion. But please, tell me what people on the battlefield forum think about prone again, that was so valid. after all it supports your opinion.
This is all I can find on the EA UK BF3 forum:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...rone-poll.html

Remember, this forum was not the only BF3 forum. It's entirely possible someone could find a different prone poll over at the US forum or who knows where.

I haven't read through it btw, only glanced at the poll.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #741
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post

1. Cloakers and PRone. <snip>

2. Medics/engis and Prone. <snip>

3. Light assault and Prone: <snip>

4. Defending and prone: <snip>

5. The zerg and prone: <snip>
Missed this in the chaff. Since you've been kind enough to set the rules, you have 24 hours.
  1. Bullet trail. Mandatory cooldown of cloaking device after shot. Disrupted cloak when in physical contact with objects (the ground, in this case). Pick one, pick all. Supplemental, I fail to see how this is more of a problem than a crouching cloaker on a ridge. Hull down in defilade probably presents a similar target to a prone without.
  2. I don't follow the assertion of "absolute safety", and am treating it as hyperbole in this context. They take up volume and they're close to the thing that's taking fire. They are probably taking splash damage to boot if they're close enough to be healing. If they're around a corner, then, well, they were already around a corner, weren't they.
  3. Yes. If a light assault is prone, they can't fire their jets*. It would be exactly that - a tradeoff. If they're spending a lot of time prone, they're not using their class perk. This isn't a reason to deny them the option.
  4. Grenade. Max Crash. Teamwork. Pick one, pick all. I hear we're fond of all of those around here.
  5. They've doubled their fire density. They've also doubled their target density. A good player, an aggressive player, now has the chance to wipe out twice as many utterly stationary people with the same well-chucked explosive.

Have fun.

*Actually, I'd lobby for them to be able to fire their jets anyway, for the hilarious outcome of such an action.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #742
mynameismud
Corporal

on battlefield forums people where MAD at dice to not have implement prone in BFBC lol
Once again you have no clue what i said. But yammer on assuming you did. this aint battlefield, this aint cod, this isnt mag.

this is planetside

But please ignore my opinions more and yammer on about the other games not planetside you love so much.
------------
ha my fault i thought Stardouser's reply was stew's. ya i was just making a point again to stew, im all for valid discussion. but that guy just pushes my buttons. sorry stardouser. none of the hate above was directed at you. But like i said what a different forum says for a different game matters not.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 01:11 PM. Reason: edited for misdrected aggretion that time
Old 2012-06-10, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #743
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Actually, the 256 player game I can say that prone mechanics can effect the pace of the game. In that game, you've got objectives to take, and while I have no problem with camping, there is a time and place for everything. Some people know it, and some people don't. The thing about prone in MAG is that you're rushing an objective and all of a sudden half your squad drops to prone because they know that enemies will be coming out from point x, or they see a sniper on the ridge of point y, or because it's just a really good position to shoot them in point z. That leaves the other half of your squad charging madly into the objective, half as powerful as when they went in. Even just for a couple seconds you drop to prone, you've given up valuable time that could have been spent capturing a critical point and may have slowed your advance or sacrificed the effort altogether. The idea that going prone can have a negative effect on pacing is because when people find a place that they feel comfortable and safe, they're most likely going to break off from what they're doing to go take the most full advantage of that area, even if for only a moment. However, I can not think of any arguments for gameplay that would reason the mechanic to provide more positive pacing to battle. I can only see that prone would either be no change or negative pacing.

----Edit:
And not to mention that in MAG you can drop to the ground as an instant reaction to save your life. This also affects the pacing as say you're squad is charging a base and you all of a sudden are being shot at with no cover but forward and half your squad drops, ultimately dying in the process where the rest of your squad has a higher chance of making that rush to the objective.
dude iam a mag beast ive been always MVP of 256 players and also have a 3.5 kdr with a bazzillions of objective planted AA destroy ribbon and so on

and i can say thats whats you just say is wrong in MAG been prone is mostly been dead lol

the dropsho in mag will fail 98 % of the time

the pace of the game isnt affected by the prone mechanics and the flow and thats was the prime arguments

now it come to another point the DROP shot but drop shot isnt a good tactics in MAG ive played 2000 + hours in MAG lol
Old 2012-06-10, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #744
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Actually, the 256 player game I can say that prone mechanics can effect the pace of the game. In that game, you've got objectives to take, and while I have no problem with camping, there is a time and place for everything. Some people know it, and some people don't. The thing about prone in MAG is that you're rushing an objective and all of a sudden half your squad drops to prone because they know that enemies will be coming out from point x, or they see a sniper on the ridge of point y, or because it's just a really good position to shoot them in point z. That leaves the other half of your squad charging madly into the objective, half as powerful as when they went in. Even just for a couple seconds you drop to prone, you've given up valuable time that could have been spent capturing a critical point and may have slowed your advance or sacrificed the effort altogether. The idea that going prone can have a negative effect on pacing is because when people find a place that they feel comfortable and safe, they're most likely going to break off from what they're doing to go take the most full advantage of that area, even if for only a moment. However, I can not think of any arguments for gameplay that would reason the mechanic to provide more positive pacing to battle. I can only see that prone would either be no change or negative pacing.
I believe that people do this whether or not prone is in the game. Instead of going prone, they will just clump up against cover that is in a safe position before you get to the objective. Prone would make no difference in this situation.

Also you described them going prone for a tactical advantage, which surely is a good thing? Taking an objective before being massacred and having the enemy simply re-take it over your dead body achieves little, so I would think that dealing with enemies first, safely, is the correct way to go.

I agree that prone won't make the game any faster, but I don't think that's really a universally good thing. Faster killing (i.e. low TTK) is an example where people here generally seem to dislike high-speed gameplay. So, don't say positive pacing when you mean faster pacing.

The advantage of prone, however, is not in pacing, it's in tactical depth. It gives you an additional trade off that you can make situationally. Whether or not tactical depth is a good thing is debatable, as it can make it less fun for people who want to play casually or who are new to the game, but prone gives a definite improvement to the enjoyment of the game to those who do want tactical depth.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #745
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Everyone wait!

Let me join the fun guys:
Old 2012-06-10, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #746
mynameismud
Corporal

dude iam a mag beast ive been always MVP of 256 players and also have a 3.5 kdr with a bazzillions of objective planted AA destroy ribbon and so on

and i can say thats whats you just say is wrong in MAG been prone is mostly been dead lol

the dropsho in mag will fail 98 % of the time

the pace of the game isnt affected by the prone mechanics and the flow and thats was the prime arguments

now it come to another point the DROP shot but drop shot isnt a good tactics in MAG ive played 2000 + hours in MAG lol
I am glad you are so pro at mag happy birthday you win at mag. Why does this make your point anything but your opinion on how you saw the battlefield from your eyes?

So his experience with the same game is wrong cause you were so good at it huh? Trying to talk to you is harder than talking to a child.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #747
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
I am glad you are so pro at mag happy birthday you win at mag. Why does this make your point anything but your opinion on how you saw the battlefield from your eyes?

So his experience with the same game is wrong cause you were so good at it huh? Trying to talk to you is harder than talking to a child.
try to avoid the personal stuff and insult please stay on topic

So as a reminder your very concern was about the pace

as a exemple ive send you a video of MAG domination and the pace and the flow is pretty solid and can you see the prone position afecting the flow ? if yes i would like to see when why and how !

Also i would have to say this (( not related to prone but related to the flow and pace arguments ))

Ive seen some other people here agains the prone saying it will affect the pace as well

But in another tread the same people was deeply agains a quick revive and even more about a instant revive mechanics wich if in MAg this mechanics of instant revive wasnt their the pace and flow could be dramatically reduce and remember thats in MAg almost everybody custumise their caracter with a medic and revive kit !

so whats you think about instant revive and also awnser my frist question if possible
Old 2012-06-10, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #748
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
as it can make it less fun for people who want to play casually or who are new to the game
So if i dont like prone the way you like prone im a casual gamer now huh?

So i have been "casually" playing games since i was 3?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #749
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Instant revive has nothing to do with prone. The issue a lot of people had with that (if I remember right) was that it basically removed the risk of the medic getting shot. Run out, tap the guy, run back to cover. That was the complaint people had.

Also, we know you've pointed out a game where prone works multiple times. We've even said we've seen it. However, does something working in one game make it necessary in another game?

Also, we really need :deadhorse: because I think it's been beaten to death. Can we agree to disagree at this point? Please?

Last edited by TheInferno; 2012-06-10 at 01:27 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #750
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
easy way to fix it is by BALENCE

No cloak when in prone,

use a fliping grenade, it takes long efnofe for him to revive just kill him, BF3 does not have that problem

Not really they can stand up or never use it its an option to have a jet pack

Yous your flipping grenade and yes that is the whole point of prone hared to kill go figure why we want it, go around, use a meck. or even better your mind!

Yes and no, people still hide behind corners rather if its on the ground or crouching, in BF3 most people don't just sit there on there stomachs most are smart and go around and attack from another entrance, the guy can only guard 1 door and guess what! grenade!
You take BF3 here? Really? MY god, dude, get a clue.

BF3 does not support 2000 Players per map. You cant compare what 32 people (16vs16) do with what 666vs666vs666 do. ITs two completly different worlds.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion