Russian Region-lock, WTF? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Support your local MAX affilliate
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-15, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Russian Region-lock, WTF?

Originally Posted by j_smedley
Originally Posted by the_player

@j_smedley are people from Russia going to be limited to play on Innova's servers alone? In other words, Region lock: y / n?
@the_player in that case yes.
Excuse me, what? Does this actually mean that I will not be able to use SOE (or Pro7 for that matter) client or to get access to any non-russian servers AT ALL?

With all due respect, that sounds like a cheap fucking troll... I'm tired of being objective, so let's take it to the more individual level - I am a respected player of Russian origin and I never ever used any hacks/cheats in any Multiplayer or MMO game (if that's the reasoning you are going to give), I have a good half of the European VS and some NC players to vouch for me in that regard.

I (and 3 other english-speaking Russians) also belong to the most famous EU MercenaryS outfit, with which we (I) made not just friendly, but brotherly ties. And you are telling me that I AM NOT ALLOWED to play with them? Excuse me, but that is a f*cking bulls**t.

Of course I may be misunderstanding something, but what you, Smedley, good sir, said, can surely as hell only be interpreted in one single way...

And, just if there are "intelligent" people suggesting to use VPN - can you guarantee that VPN will function properly for me? Or that I will not be banned for using it after frigging 10 years of flawless rep playing on an SOE account?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Russian Region-lock, WTF?

How do you think they would keep you off of the other servers?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-10-15, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
How do you think they would keep you off of the other servers?
So you want to play in your state only, don't you?

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-10-15, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Azarga
Corporal

I guess it's a good time to sell my SOE account before it's too late. I will NEVAH play under Innova again, so $40 for Alpha Squad are wasted for me if I don't sell it.

Last edited by Azarga; 2012-10-15 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

If I remember a similar thing was going to happen to EU but then we found out that players would be able to play on any server. I'd pursue this a little more before cutting ties.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
If I remember a similar thing was going to happen to EU but then we found out that players would be able to play on any server. I'd pursue this a little more before cutting ties.
We're assembling a friendly delegation to Innova's office on wednesday where most of our questions will be answered. However I have all the reasons to believe that the RU community has the motive to ignite the flames before that.

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The bear must be contained.
Ha. Ha. Not funny. At all.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-10-15 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2012-10-15, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Illtempered
First Sergeant

This would be totally unfair. I prefer equal treatment. I wanna be able to shoot Russians too!!
Old 2012-10-15, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Some big hat must have paid a big license fee to lock you inside russia... I support your cause.

Region locks are a bad thing for players.

I know people in both NA and EU so course i will want to be able to play on both SOE and Pro7 with one account.

Players should be left that choice and where they pay their service should be irrelevant.
Old 2012-10-16, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
PredatorFour
Major

As much as i disliked fighting you guys, this is wank! You swhould be able to play on whatever server too!
Old 2012-10-16, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

Full support from me Newsith. After the Pro7 shitstorm, you'd think they'd act proactively... Sure, the RU playerbase in PS1 was only a few hundred individuals and sure, if they played from the Ural their connections were crap. But they're still just as much part of the PS family as any other Aussie, EU and US players. The fast majority of Russians would prefer a cyrrilic server probably, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a choice.
Old 2012-10-16, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ringring
Contributor
General

More power to your elbow Newsith.

From Werner TR we've enjoyed playing with and against Russian players. Some greaat guys and great outfits. Not to mention the Russians in Outcasters.
Old 2012-10-16, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
MGP
Sergeant

Goodbye Planetside. It was fun 6 years.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Wargrim
Sergeant

Region locks are totally shit. The Russian / Eastern European players should be able to play with everyone else. They should get the same deal that we Western / Central Europeans got: Payment bound to the local partner, but able to play on the server of choice.

This is 2012. People have friends all over the world and want to play with them. This is what multiplayer is about. This is what MMO is about. Take that away and you can have the best game ever, it is useless.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Ive played against some really awesome Russians. Its a good bunch and would be bad for the rest of the world to limit them to their own part of the world.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Crator
Major General

What's the deal with region locking? Why would SOE even support something like that after the Pro7 region locking uproar? Unless it's a legal issue.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion