Dual Wielding Pistols (Off-Hand Weapons) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's pants are on the webcam!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-09-11, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mozzarella Ice
Private

Dual Wielding Pistols (Off-Hand Weapons)

Hi,

Now, I know there has been threads in the past on this subject, but I wanted to share my own take on it.

For dual wielding pistols to work (be fair) a person would have to purchase another pistol (with certs or actual cash, as usual). This person would then be able to dual wield right off the bat, but would suffer a reasonably large accuracy penalty. When dual wielding, in real life, it is impossible to aim down both sights. That said, dual wielding in PlanetSide 2 should be hip-fire only (much like the way Maxes do).

So, here is a list of things a dual wielding mechanic should have:
• must have two separate pistols, be it another of the same kind or a different one
• no sights
• big decrease in accuracy
• ability to have individual accesories for each pistol, for example: one could have a Commissioner with a flashlight in one and an Underboss with a lazier sight in the other
• ability to choose which pistol goes in each hand

I think this would be a very fun ability to have, and would love to use it, if it would be implemented in a way that is reasonably balanced. Please give some feedback on what you guys think and if you have some good ideas, for how this may work, feel free to share them.

Keep it classy,
Mozzarella Ice
Old 2013-10-23, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Orisoll
Private

Re: Dual Wielding Pistols (Off-Hand Weapons)

Originally Posted by Mozzarella Ice View Post
Snip Snip
While I think it would be a pretty fun addition, it would destroy any remaining sense of realism/suspension of disbelief. IRL duel wielding is something nobody does (especially not professionals, like the TR are supposed to be), as it is very impractical and inaccurate.

Like the video suggests, it's more of a fun little experiment to try out, but never to use in actual combat.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

For the love of cute kittens

NO

Dual wielding is a bad idea with the nature of the pistols we have in this game. Dual Commisioners would be like having a scatmax with range.
Old 2013-10-24, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Mozzarella Ice View Post
Hi,

Now, I know there has been threads in the past on this subject, but I wanted to share my own take on it.

For dual wielding pistols to work (be fair) a person would have to purchase another pistol (with certs or actual cash, as usual). This person would then be able to dual wield right off the bat, but would suffer a reasonably large accuracy penalty. When dual wielding, in real life, it is impossible to aim down both sights. That said, dual wielding in PlanetSide 2 should be hip-fire only (much like the way Maxes do).

So, here is a list of things a dual wielding mechanic should have:
• must have two separate pistols, be it another of the same kind or a different one
• no sights
• big decrease in accuracy
• ability to have individual accesories for each pistol, for example: one could have a Commissioner with a flashlight in one and an Underboss with a lazier sight in the other
• ability to choose which pistol goes in each hand

I think this would be a very fun ability to have, and would love to use it, if it would be implemented in a way that is reasonably balanced. Please give some feedback on what you guys think and if you have some good ideas, for how this may work, feel free to share them.

Keep it classy,
Mozzarella Ice

You forgot to add in 10x increase to reload time, and for fun the chance to permanently lose one of the pistols while reloading.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault