Nanite Systems - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The VS are like Bulls. They hate the color red!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-09-27, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant
 
CrystalViolet's Avatar
 
Nanite Systems


Was trying to figure out how these guys play into the equation of PS2 and came up with this theory.

Nanite Systems represent a new category of vehicle that spawns at bases and doesn't require a cert to operate. Essentially, this would work in the same way as vehicles from the battlefield series, and allow players to assume roles as needed without having to recert their characters. NS vehicles would therefore likely be significantly less powerful than certable vehicles, but still come in handy in a pinch. This makes perfect sense given their lack of color, and the devs taking elements from faster paced shooters.

Any other theories?

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2011-09-27 at 06:58 PM.
CrystalViolet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


I call President.
__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
FIREk
Captain
 
Re: Nanite Systems


They're common-pool not common.

There will be no recerting in PS2.

With luck there will be some subtle differences (beyond color) between factions.

End. :P
FIREk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant
 
CrystalViolet's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


The fact that T-Ray went to the trouble of laying out a grayish color pallet makes me think these will be disposable and on site for everyone to use. It solves the issue of getting stuck without a ride, and might be part of the reason why there will be no vehicle hacking in PS2.
CrystalViolet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major
 
NCLynx's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
The fact that T-Ray went to the trouble of laying out a grayish color pallet makes me think these will be disposable and on site for everyone to use. It solves the issue of getting stuck without a ride, and might be part of the reason why there will be no vehicle hacking in PS2.
The fact that he laid out a color pallet simply means these people are not aligned with any one faction.
NCLynx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant
 
CrystalViolet's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Correct, but story typically follows function in games like this which is why I'm speculating their purpose in the game.
CrystalViolet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
FIREk
Captain
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
The fact that T-Ray went to the trouble of laying out a grayish color pallet makes me think these will be disposable and on site for everyone to use. It solves the issue of getting stuck without a ride, and might be part of the reason why there will be no vehicle hacking in PS2.
I think it's logical to assume that the NS color palette is for:
1) elements of the environment (the crates we saw in the trailer, and possibly other stuff like base equipment),
2) common-pool weapons; coincidentally, PS1's Punisher matched this color scheme.

I don't think there would be common-pool vehicles lying around... Not too PlanetSidey.
FIREk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant
 
CrystalViolet's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
I think it's logical to assume that the NS color palette is for:
1) elements of the environment (the crates we saw in the trailer, and possibly other stuff like base equipment),
2) common-pool weapons; coincidentally, PS1's Punisher matched this color scheme.

I don't think there would be common-pool vehicles lying around... Not too PlanetSidey.
Good points, but why the need for a completely new story element/faction if that's all there is to it? Doesn't add up to me.
CrystalViolet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NCLynx
Major
 
NCLynx's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
Good points, but why the need for a completely new story element/faction if that's all there is to it? Doesn't add up to me.
Thousands of people, actually speaking realistically or even undershooting it lets say there 300vs300vs300. Do you really think vehicles are just going to keep popping up for the people who don't have them?

You won't see vehicles just lying around unless someone has abandoned it.
NCLynx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
Good points, but why the need for a completely new story element/faction if that's all there is to it? Doesn't add up to me.
Could be as simple as filling in a blank. The color pallette for the factions all have a background on the what and why. So this just fills that in for the common pool. I mean along with the punisher, the deci also matches that same color scheme.

Also, nobody is calling to be Vice President of Nanite Systems? (Simpson's Trouble with Trillions episode? anyone? anyone? bueller?)
__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SgtMAD
Captain
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Look, I have been trying to play nice and not tear into ppl but this thread reeks of stupidity

the speculation is getting out of hand,we are entering into the crazy bible code crap you see on Discovery
SgtMAD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
Look, I have been trying to play nice and not tear into ppl but this thread reeks of stupidity

the speculation is getting out of hand,we are entering into the crazy bible code crap you see on Discovery
Yes, but if you look closely at the magrider and hold the top down pic up to a mirror you can make out a "N" and a "W", and the tr being based on circles is obviously a reference to the "O". Which anyone can clearly see means NWO, for the New World Order. Its all a big conspircacy.

But seriously, my guess is the commonpool vehicles just means they dont have the empire specific look, just like the old ones. But they will have some coloring on them to identify them on the battlefield. It may not be as obvious as ps1 and instead be the grey/brown colors with a few ribbons or stripes or sections with faction colors on them.

And dont get too upset about us goin all "bible code" yeah we do get too deep into it sometimes, but we just wanna talk about the game and go over what we all think or would like to see. Esp since most of th time they do really goofy, non-planetside stuff, so we are usually wrong since we assume it will be planetside-ish in style, and not the bf clones we keep gettin instead.
__________________
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
BorisBlade is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Rbstr's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Also, nobody is calling to be Vice President of Nanite Systems? (Simpson's Trouble with Trillions episode? anyone? anyone? bueller?)
I call Chief of Product Development.
__________________

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Rbstr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
Look, I have been trying to play nice and not tear into ppl but this thread reeks of stupidity

the speculation is getting out of hand,we are entering into the crazy bible code crap you see on Discovery
Dude, the game is months away at best. This is the only time we will get to do this kind of specualtion. Once we learn more information then it will be "OMFGWTF CLASSES??!?!" "OMGWTF SKILLS?!?!?" "OMFGWTF AUCTION HOUSE?!?!"

If people want to read tea leaves, let them.
__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Draep
Master Sergeant
 
Draep's Avatar
 
Re: Nanite Systems


Yeah hey OP. you realize nanite systems just makes the vehicles and weapons any player can use from any faction right? Did you play PS1?
Draep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.