Ghosts of the Revolution - VS [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All the news that's fit to print
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2011-07-20, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Ghosts of the Revolution - VS [Mattherson]

Overview
Ghosts of the Revolution is a large, active, objective-oriented outfit that was formed in Planetside 1 on the Emerald server on May 19th, 2003. We were the first outfit in the game to reach the 10 million outfit point maximum, which only a handful of outfits across all servers ever attained. We are a laid back group that enjoys taking our fun seriously, but our goal is always to have fun, no matter what the state of the empire is in-game. Our members come first. If you're in doubt, jump to the bottom of this thread and check out the video, or one of the articles we've been featured in.

We are on the US East - Mattherson server in PS2 with hundreds of active members - not hundreds of members on the roster sitting there collecting dust, but hundreds of active, playing members. We have members from all different walks of life and all over the world, representing over a dozen different countries like Hungary, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, USA, England, Scotland, Canada, Peru, Germany, and many more.

Divisions
Our outfit is split into three basic divisions that are meshed together to create a group of players that can do everything the game has to offer. People sometimes ask what we "specialize" in. We "specialize" in everything. We believe that if you do what you enjoy, you get better at it - so we want you to do what you enjoy all the time!

The 555th "Death Angels" Infantry is a group of grunts that strives to be efficient, quick, and deadly. The 555th uses a variety of transport methods, and is not tied down to Sunderers or Galaxies. They are the core of the outfit, with boots on the ground and guns in the enemies' faces.

FEAR is our vehicle unit, which utilizes all combat vehicles the game has to offer. If a member is willing to drive it or hop in the gun seat, FEAR will use it. They are well-trained and disciplined in the art of vehicle warfare the way nobody else is, and we take great pride in our ability to not only field a tank column and a fighter squadron simultaneously, but that they work together on the battlefield - not separately.

The Daemon Legion is our special operations group. This is the only division a recruit must trial for - players join much smaller units in the Legion to pull large enemy forces away from the front lines, gather intel, and deny the enemy their resources. The Legion is comprised of two core units: PEST (Phantom Elite Strike Team), which is our fast response group, and Shades, which is our scouting, sniping, and recon group. Both Shades and PEST operate on the fringe, keeping our borders clear of the enemy and our bases connected to the warpgate while the 555th and FEAR control the front line.

Requirements
GOTR uses Teamspeak 3 for voice communication. You will need to log in to Teamspeak 3 whenever you are running with the outfit. You do not need a mic, though having one is strongly encouraged and if you wish to pursue a leadership position, you will need one.

GOTR has a strict no-griefing policy. If this is a problem, we are not the outfit for you. We have a code of conduct we call "The Pillars" that all members must follow. They're just a few pieces of common sense that have served us well over the past nine years.

We require that you join one of the divisions. There are no certs you must have to join the outfit in general, but upon joining one of the Divisions several certs may be required - though would you join a tank division without having some points in your Magrider? Probably not. We encourage all members to cert Squad Beacon and AMS.

Why Should You Join?
We've been around for a long time. We know how to make our members happy and we know how to show them a good time while steamrolling the competition. We do not force our members to do boring ghost hacking across a continent just to see it turn purple. Our primary objective is fun in a laid back but tactically organized environment, and that is what our hundreds of members have experienced over the past nine years.

Above all else, GOTR is focused on teaching new players the ropes and how to succeed with large-number coordination. All recruits will go through some type of training depending on their division - both live-fire and deadzone. Our recruitment procedure will keep everyone in the know and not leave anyone in the lurch; when you join the Ghosts, you're not just a number. If you take the time to get to know us, we'll get to know you, and you won't be disappointed.

We've been here since Planetside 1 was in Beta and weather permitting we'll be here until Planetside 2's servers crumble to dust. Until then, give us the chance to turn your time in Planetside into an experience that you'll never forget.

Contact us by sending me a PM or replying to this thread, or going to www.gotr.us

---robocpf1, Outfit Leader

Planetside Universe Outfit Spotlight
http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...lution-110.htm

Gamersaurs Outfit Spotlight
http://gamersaurs.com/index.php/art....the-revolution

Last edited by robocpf1; 2012-12-09 at 04:15 PM.
Old 2011-09-24, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Necrondo
Private

Re: Ghosts of the Revolution - VS

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post

Overview:

Ghosts of the Revolution is a large, active, objective-oriented outfit of the Vanu Sovereignty. Our goals on the battlefield are many, and are not confined to capturing or resecuring bases. We roll massive armor columns, assemble deadly air squadrons, and can run one of the most effective base drains in the game. Sometimes our outfit objective will come before that of the empire, but most of the time we are dedicated to advancing the VS on Auraxis. Here are things prospective recruits will need to know.

Recruitment:

Above all else, GOTR is focused on teaching new players the ropes and how to succeed with large-number coordination. All recruits will go through some type of training depending on their division - both live-fire and deadzone. Our recruitment procedure will keep everyone in the know and not leave anyone in the lurch; when you join the Ghosts, you're not just a number. If you take the time to get to know us, we'll get to know you, and you won't be disappointed.

We are constantly recruiting new members of all playstyles from all around the world. Recruitment is always open in GOTR - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are looking for players who have their main characters on VS, but if you want to play NC or TR from time to time this is fine.

Divisions:

Our outfit is split into three basic divisions that are meshed together to form a great group of players that can do things in this game that have been done by no one else.

F.E.A.R., our vehicles division, is devoted to complete battlefield domination. We will use any combat vehicle that a member is willing to pilot or gun for, ground or air.

The 555th 'Death Angels', our airborne infantry, is a crack team of grunts that improve every day. We are not a group that resists change - if someone shows us a superior way of doing something, we will strive to make ourselves better.

Finally, the Daemon Legion special operations squad contains all specialty players - snipers, demolition experts, rapid response, and infiltrators. This is the only division that requires a screening process for admission - prospective members must have certain qualifications for entrance into the Daemon Legion.

Requirements:

-No Teamkilling! We have a strict no-teamkilling policy. GOTR members are above this, and are held to this standard.

-Voice is required! We run a Mumble server for effective voice communication. GOTR members are required to be on the server whenever they are in an outfit squad. A microphone is NOT required but is highly encouraged.

-Division Enlistment / Certs. There are no outfit-required certs, but upon joining one of the Divisions several certs may be required - though would you join a tank division without having Engineering certed anyway? Probably not. We encourage all members to cert Advanced Medic, and at last count 3/4 of the active members have it certed.

We've been here since Planetside was in Beta and weather permitting we'll be here until Planetside 2's servers crumble to dust. Until then, give us the chance to turn your time in Planetside into an experience that you'll never forget.

---robocpf1, GOTR Outfit Leader

P.S. - couldn't let Sunder and Cerberus have all the fun, VS for life!
Dont you Dare forget [The United Front] currently one of the most active Terran outfits & by far one of the most successful (We've screwed vs & nc up on many many cases especially over the last few days lol Love ya & wanna Kill ya GOTR
Old 2011-10-15, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

All 50 of your Magriders. That is all.
Old 2012-03-13, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Page 2? Unacceptable.
Old 2012-04-01, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Anyone know how to put the purple [VS] symbol on the thread's topic name? :/
Old 2012-04-01, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
Anyone know how to put the purple [VS] symbol on the thread's topic name? :/
Edit the first post. There's a dropdown by the title.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cline
Private

Been waiting for PS2 to come along. Was a ghost long long ago when PS1 first came around. Definitely will have to check this out and perhaps look in on the old outfit.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Edit the first post. There's a dropdown by the title.
I am having the roughest time with this, I see no dropdown near the title. :/

I've looked at all the smileys and emoticons and Post Icons and clicked everything with a dropdown menu and I can't find this blasted little VS icon.

Maybe I have some sort of borked account or permissions? Or I'm just missing the button completely. If someone could take a screenshot of what their Post New Thread (or Edit Thread) interface looks like and circle what I'm supposed to click, I would be extremely appreciative.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Hello VS comrades,

Hamma Edited it for us that how it showed up on our outfit post, So you just might have to wait for hamma or another mod.
Old 2012-04-04, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've added it
Old 2012-04-06, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
urusok
Private

Originally Posted by Cline View Post
Been waiting for PS2 to come along. Was a ghost long long ago when PS1 first came around. Definitely will have to check this out and perhaps look in on the old outfit.
Same here, looking forward to fight among gotr again.
Old 2012-04-08, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Pole
Private

I'm interested in joining, but I don't see a website or any mention of how to join. Care to help me out?
Old 2012-04-09, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pole View Post
I'm interested in joining, but I don't see a website or any mention of how to join. Care to help me out?
My mistake, I put that information in the old Outfit Database -

I have fixed the original post. I'll go ahead and just send you a PM, Pole. Thanks for your interest!

---robocpf1
Old 2012-04-17, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
SomeNoobWithCE
Private

Approved and Noobed.
Old 2012-04-28, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Sup guys, was running around on my RickJames56of100 yesterday and thought I would stop in and give you guys a shout. This is one of the top VS guilds from PS1, definitely have a look if you guys are considering Vanu. See you guys in game and in the beta.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty