I'm sure many of you already seen this but.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Protecting kitties world wide!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-09, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cellinaire
Captain

I'm sure many of you already seen this but..

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1512/higbycomments.jpg

Seems like mr.Higby and his team already have a plan to get rid of 'footholds on every continents' plan after Amerish is introduced... And he also talked about the fog. Interesting

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-10-10 at 08:56 AM.
Old 2012-10-09, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
cellinaire
Captain

Re: I'm sure many of you already seen this but..

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I just made an ENTIRELY too long didn't read (TL/DR) post about this.....

If one of the primary concerns about Planetside 2 is how long it takes to unlock weapon attachments, then this game is utterly fucked. In a very, very fucking very bad way.
Uh, that means you made the post on official forum, not here....

Oh, sorry I just got confused here. So, you made a 'post' here, not a new 'thread'
Old 2012-10-09, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Wow.. interesting..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-09, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

That is something the player base has been fighting over for a while now on the beta forums. Tis interesting indeed. Leaves me wondering how the warp gates connect to each other with the hex system.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-10-09 at 11:10 PM.
Old 2012-10-09, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Natir
Sergeant

Here is the original post I made with that image.. If you want to comment, you can keep the conversation going here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...-stream.29487/
Old 2012-10-09, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

Or you could keep the conversation going here as well.

In all seriousness, if you guys do link stuff like this be sure to link the source if you have one.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-10-09 at 11:18 PM.
Old 2012-10-09, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Natir
Sergeant

Yeah, I don't mind. I mean, to be fair, my MSPaint skills are pretty hardcore though. Whatever will get the most publicity for the devs to take a look at it! The more places that talk about the same issues, the better.
Old 2012-10-10, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Just...make...sanctuaries....

Get rid of footholds altogether...

All they do is make it easier for AFKers to soak up resources and take up spots that active players could be using to fight.
Old 2012-10-10, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
All they do is make it easier for AFKers to soak up resources and take up spots that active players could be using to fight.
Please allow me to change your opinion.

Where is the best place to go AFK?
Is it in the warpgate where you get a steady stream of resources?
Or
Is it hidden away in a crevice of a base that's on the front lines that will net you not only the steady stream of resources but also the points from when the base flips?

Let me give you a hint: It's the base.

The bit about being safe in warpgate isn't a good argument because there are people, like you, who are angry at AFKs and will TK them if they find them. Tech plants have some amazing spots where you can stuff yourself and never have to worry about being killed.

Sanctuaries won't stop people AFKing. You stop AFKing by setting up programs that look for it which they are already doing and have talked about.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
IRSAudit
Private

Leave the fog as it is, and fix the cheaters. Flying high above the fog is relatively clear, and if you see too much fog you had better pull up. Really though, I want the dynamic weather effects. That's the ultimate solution to the issue.

I think the cert gain is fine the way it is, and I honestly like the prices. If anything I'd make the certs have more of an impact once unlocked, which I understand they are already working on. 96 for an RDS persuaded me into certing an AMS Sundy and Spawn beacons instead, which varies game play even more. The price to get your army to battle should be cheap, but having them show up well-equipped should be expensive, as it is now. Besides, I don't understand how people aren't earning certs quickly, the XP flows freely when you're in a good battle.

I don't really have any comment on the home continents issue, beyond a vague fear that I'll be fighting over the same territory constantly. That already happens (less so on Esamir) so there's really no net loss if it happens changed with home continents.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Just...make...sanctuaries....

Get rid of footholds altogether...

A good critic is the one who uses both the stick and carrot...

And about the fog.

Leave the fog as is? Nope.

Tone it down and make it a non-constant weather condition.
Old 2012-10-10, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
EVILoHOMER
Major

1. I hope Vanu get Amerish as that was the home cont every Vanu loved in PS.

2. The fog makes the game look ugly, it isn't cheating by wanting it off, this is 2012 and why do we still need this much fog? I want to turn it off 100%, I want to turn AA up, I want to turn bloom off and I want to turn the blur in the distance off.... I just want the game to look sharp and nice and not like GTA 4 on the consoles where it's all blurry and bloomy with fog everywhere,

3. I think you should decide your pricing structure and then time Auraxium accordingly and once you have done that then you can time the certs to how fast you unlock weapons and things. There is no point having all the weapons but no certs or all the certs and few weapons etc.

One thing is clear though, it needs to take time otherwise people will become bored as there is not an endless carrot on a stick and people wont feel the want to buy things if they can play and unlock it all within a month.
Old 2012-10-10, 05:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Carrots on sticks are for twats .

Seriously if leveling a char is whats keeping your players in game then the game is fucked , another 3 month wonder like every other half arsed mmo out there .

Fog dosent help performance it hurts it , turn it off for +20 fps . It makes the game look like shit and ruins the game play .
Old 2012-10-10, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
pwningzcope
Private

thanks for sharing?
Old 2012-10-10, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
2. The fog makes the game look ugly, it isn't cheating by wanting it off, this is 2012 and why do we still need this much fog? I want to turn it off 100%, I want to turn AA up, I want to turn bloom off and I want to turn the blur in the distance off.... I just want the game to look sharp and nice and not like GTA 4 on the consoles where it's all blurry and bloomy with fog everywhere,
Wanting it off is an opinion and a complaint and that's fair. CHEATING is when you're actually turning it off without being entitled to do so.

So you know what you got there?

Cheater mentality. Cheaters always excuse themselves with extremely lame excuses on why they should be able to or allowed to change game files. The most common one is "everyone else does it, right?", but things like the way you worded the above is pretty much the same line of reasoning a cheater uses.

You want something, you dislike something, you disapprove of a way something is implemented in game, because it hinders you and everyone else deliberately. So you take unilateral action and change it so it suits you, while you don't care about all the ones who don't change it and dismiss any concerns about others having unaltered accounts because "everyone else could also cheat". You know what Homer, people aren't all as selfish as you.

What if this wasn't about fog, but you'd want to turn off or at least improve the Cone of Fire on random weapon X, because you "didn't like how it feels in game"? Maybe you think a weapon doesn't have high enough rate of fire or deal enough damage per round. Maybe the clip is too small? Hey, just change it unilaterally! That's not cheating, that's "wanting to improve your performance in battle!" and if you tell everyone how to do it, then at least most players would also change this just like you did right? And then after some time, everyone and all is equal again right? WRONG!

If you singlehandedly change the gaming environment for you, but not for everyone else so there's no advantage gain, then it is CHEATING and NOTHING ELSE. You have no right to change anything in the game that provides you with an explicit advantage over unaltered clients!

You want no fog? You want no bloom? Here's a thought: TOUGH LUCK. As long as I and everyone else has to deal with it? YOU deal with it, or get banned for cheating.

Take your pick

Say what you want, feel insulted all you want, but what you have there is cheater mentality the very moment you act on your personal pet peeves by finding it acceptable to alter the client, regardless of how you try to euphemise or excuse it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion