The Wasp Bug Still Exists on Cyssor [With Video Proof] - MUST Be Fixed by April! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off my bandwidth!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-01-28, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Furber
First Sergeant

Exclamation The Wasp Bug Still Exists on Cyssor [With Video Proof] - MUST Be Fixed by April!

So I was dumb enough to still have an active sub to Planetside, but I figured, in light of recent events, that I should check on the game to see if this horrid bug still exists. I checked every cont (No caves, they're still broken along with all other Core Combat features) and discovered the Wasp Bug still lives, but only on Cyssor. We already have the threat of hackers looming over us come April, but last May proved that if a bug as destructive as this exists in the game, there are absolutely people who would be thrilled to kill the game (for themselves as much as for others). If there's any one change the game needs to prepare for April, it's a fix for this.

IF the Wasp Bug remains unfixed by April, I propose that we boycott Cyssor (and any other Conts it may affect at the time). I firmly believe this bug contributed the most to the quick decline of Planetside last May, which I thought would be our last chance for this game. Let's not allow this bug to ruin what will definitely be our last chance for Planetside.

Last edited by Furber; 2014-01-28 at 01:12 AM.
Old 2014-01-28, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Re: The Wasp Bug Still Exists on Cyssor [With Video Proof] - MUST Be Fixed by April!

Agreed. If it is not fixed by April, everyone who returns to the game who cares about it should avoid Cyssor at all costs.
Old 2014-01-28, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: The Wasp Bug Still Exists on Cyssor [With Video Proof] - MUST Be Fixed by April!

It's really tragic that this bug exists on Cyssor of all places. It couldn't be Ceryshen or something?

Boycotting the cont is a noble cause, but unfortunately due to some people's shit mindsets they would probably purposely start fights there just to abuse the Wasp. PS's pop probably will be too thin to stretch like that everyone will wind up on Cyssor anyhow. The only real solution is for them to fix it.

Keep sending emails to them to get their attention.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-01-31, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OpolE
Sergeant Major

I'm lazy, the bug is? Bullets do 10x damage?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-02-03, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zeta
Private

FIX... It... Please.

If this game does die for good, on April 2nd, I don't want to hear any excuses, or paranoid conspiracies, as to why it was "made" to fail. Take the excuses, or "outs", away from any complainers.

This bug never existed before...

Last edited by Zeta; 2014-02-03 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2014-02-03, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post

Keep sending emails to them to get their attention.

Yes, brilliant idea, spam mails at them, that surley helps.
Old 2014-02-04, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bedzike
Corporal

Well basti then what do you decide we do since your so close to the soe gms and you are the psu forum troll. Tell us what we need to do since we did this all without your help but once the games starts coming back without you, you have to put your 2 sense into it. We spammed we tweeted we wrote forums post i was banned on 2 accounts and look now its going f2p where were you in this time ooo yeah doing nothing playing ps2. So get off your ass and either help or mind your business. If you dont have a idea then dont speak up. Thanks
Old 2014-02-04, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Considering the game is going free to play, yes, yes it does help.

Keep your snide attitude to yourself, thanks.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-02-05, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
We get it, you hate to see people want to play PS1. Go away troll.

Anyway, the fact this bug ever existed tells me that someone at SOE wants this game dead. I hate to even suggest it, but there is no way this bug is a real bug, it never existed when the last official PS patch was released. Why does it exist now? And why is all the CC content broken (not that I care about that, CC was almost as bad as BFRs).

Old 2014-02-05, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Wow it drops a turret that quick? Jesus I never saw this bug before. When did it come to being?
Old 2014-02-05, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Wow it drops a turret that quick? Jesus I never saw this bug before. When did it come to being?
It mysteriously arose the same week the game went F2P last May. Appeals were sent in, threads were created, emails were sent and nothing was done. As a result the majority of the already small population left the game and just like that Planetside was dead again.

First impressions of this game mean a lot. If there's a game destroying bug, even if it's only on one cont, that will turn people off. I don't trust in the morality of people to not abuse this bug, because they will.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-02-06, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Ah I see. Would a more viable option be just disabling the wasp? If its a simple click of a switch anyway. No one particularly cared for it from what I remember.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Furber
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Ah I see. Would a more viable option be just disabling the wasp? If its a simple click of a switch anyway. No one particularly cared for it from what I remember.
I would hope SOE considers this option too. However, last time this bug was running rampant we suggested this same thing but SOE took no action. I'm hoping that since they still have months to prepare (not that they're actually 'preparing' anything) they could at least find some solution to this bug.
Old 2014-02-06, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Atheosim
Captain

Not to mention CC is still disabled for no discernible reason. I don't think SOE has commented on that at all.
Old 2014-02-13, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

ill be reinstalling ps1 in april. I sent smed several messages about this very thing. Heres to hoping it got fixed. I got sick and tired of snoreside.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion