News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: =O Turn on the fan you sicko.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #166
i see you naked
Corporal

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Change your browser lannguage to English(US), close and reopen. That worked for me.
how to do that
Old 2012-06-26, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #167
maskedskull
Sergeant

Originally Posted by i see you naked View Post
u have planetside 1 or not?

i dont
I have a currently active Planetside 1 account but it is not the same as the account I had when I signed up for the beta as I only recently realised that I still had the old account and had some free playtime on it. So the fact you don't have PS1 means nothing when it comes to the survey
Old 2012-06-26, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #168
Hobitt
Corporal

Never had planetside,entered a key from twitter but still got a survey
Old 2012-06-26, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #169
Xyntech
Brigadier General

lol he never said beta has begun
He said that this is the announcement of beta, and that they wouldn't ever be giving us official dates for when x players would get in.

Combine this with the fact that we already knew that vets and PCGamer key players wouldn't all get in at once and would be trickling in, and it's pretty obvious that today is the start of beta.

Whether that means today is the first day they start up the servers but it will still be a week or so before the first outside players are allowed in, or if it means that a few players are being let in at this very moment is irrelevant. They are now out of alpha and the beta has officially begun. We will never know with more certainty than that unless we are some of the first people to get in, but he has as good as made it official.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #170
i see you naked
Corporal

ok got it aswell,

survey does not work for germans LMAO
Old 2012-06-26, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #171
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I do know some folks are disappointed and I honestly wish we could have set reasonable expectations when communicating. To be fair, all we promised was an announcement regarding Beta. This is effectively our Closed Beta announcement. It's unlikely we'll announce "Hey we let X number of folks in" and dates are just not something that happens in modern game development. A date is a commitment and we take them seriously.
So we should be expecting invites in approximately 1-2 Soons(TM)
Old 2012-06-26, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #172
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
He said that this is the announcement of beta, and that they wouldn't ever be giving us official dates for when x players would get in.

Combine this with the fact that we already knew that vets and PCGamer key players wouldn't all get in at once and would be trickling in, and it's pretty obvious that today is the start of beta.

Whether that means today is the first day they start up the servers but it will still be a week or so before the first outside players are allowed in, or if it means that a few players are being let in at this very moment is irrelevant. They are now out of alpha and the beta has officially begun. We will never know with more certainty than that unless we are some of the first people to get in, but he has as good as made it official.

dude, if anyone gets in the beta right now it would be posted on reddit or some other sites regardless of NDA or not

Last edited by i see you naked; 2012-06-26 at 11:32 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #173
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
You guys did not announce anything about closed beta... All you said was "Its coming after our next internal phase". Right?
Read what he said here. Figure it out.

I think the Announcement was a little too subtle for most people. Then they didn't see the email in their Inbox saying "Hey man come get your beta client!" and they just start raging.

Frankly, I would kind of like things to be less cloak-and-dagger regarding testing but I understand that in a closed beta situation it's just not possible. I think the not knowing is making people a little antsy.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
Anderz
Master Sergeant

I do know some folks are disappointed and I honestly wish we could have set reasonable expectations when communicating. To be fair, all we promised was an announcement regarding Beta. This is effectively our Closed Beta announcement. It's unlikely we'll announce "Hey we let X number of folks in" and dates are just not something that happens in modern game development. A date is a commitment and we take them seriously.
Thanks for the reply Radar. I realize the predicament you're in regarding what you can and what you can't promise, but perhaps next time SOE have an announcement of this type, just let it be announced without the forewarning. That way expectations are not hugely inflated like they were after Smedley's tweet. I realise this is hardly your fault, but maybe it's something worth conveying back to the team.

The internet (especially social media) is a double edged sword like that; consumers are actually party to too much information these days, and when it stops flowing, it's like coming off a drug.

But there is a positive side to this: Even if people like myself are disappointed, at least we're invested. We just really want the game! Heck, if this announcement didn't disappoint people, it'd be greater cause for concern!
Old 2012-06-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

I don't get why people want dates when most gaming companies usually don't hold their promises for a date they formerly gave.

I'd rather have a message from SOE and RadarX telling us that things are advancing and that closed beta will start in a short time, than have them tell us "it'll start next week" before they inform us that due to some random problem they need to delay closed beta for a few days/weeks.

Or worse, that they launch the closed beta at the promised date with nothing working, just like it happened for the first Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Xyntech
Brigadier General

dude, if anyone gets in the beta right now it would be posted on reddit or some other sites
The day is young.

Besides, there have been people trolling that they have already gotten into beta for a while now. They would need to provide proof to convince people, and that proof would probably make it that much easier for a lot of them to get kicked out of beta for breaking NDA.

We'll see how the day and week pans out. Like I said, just because beta begins today doesn't mean players have to be getting in now, just that this is as official a word as we are going to get that players could be getting in as soon as today.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

dude, if anyone gets in the beta right now it would be posted on reddit or some other sites regardless of NDA or not
Depens on who gets in. Not everyone needs to brag and understands what happens if One guy gets in, but some other guy doesnt.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Hatchak
Private

basti i had the same problem but with the english version, was using firefox, i opened the site on google chrome and it worked.

Last edited by Hatchak; 2012-06-26 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Don't sweat it. We know how chaotic the development process is(some of us anyway :| ), and despite the fact that a lot of people have unreasonable expectations, most of us appreciate all the hard work you guys do.

Even if you don't release Beta for another 6 months, no worries. You know what's best for your game and anyone who thinks they're entitled to Beta STFU, because your embrassing yourselves.

Btw, thank you for the extra PS1 time. Really wanted to go to Planetside Day but a little strapped for cash atm, so this is just perfect.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
So we should be expecting invites in approximately 1-2 Soons(TM)
If you want to get super technical it should be approximately 1.38 Soons(TM).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion