PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [ Quote Removed by Admin. ]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SonjaBlade
Private

Re: PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow

It was a great weekend, thanks for all that everyone did to make it fun. Players, Devs, PSTV, etc....

Good times, old friends. It's all fun and good!
Old 2012-07-02, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ComerEste
Corporal

Who ever was leading the Hossin parade was an idiot. Let's drive big ass vehicles through a tiny ass ravine UPHILL, all while the game was experience heavy rubber banding action. I got weapons lock in under 10 minutes from all the GD bumper car action.

Besides that mess, the highlight for me was killing Higby in my Reaver on Hossin, just north of the Interlink Facility Hurakan. I couldn't get a screen shot of it due to being under fire as soon as I started firing at him.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Zclipse
Private

Please do something about grief atm, there are so many people that it rises at a much faster rate than it decreases. No fun when you're in a crowded base and you get hit by a prowler for 50 grief and only lose 200 of it when you log back in the next day.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

We had a HUGE storm and the power at my house went out yesterday!

I seriously was so upset I was looking forward to the event and I couldn't get in. Very very unfortunate.

Glad to see it went well though! Looks like the parade was awesome!
Old 2012-07-02, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Zclipse View Post
Please do something about grief atm, there are so many people that it rises at a much faster rate than it decreases. No fun when you're in a crowded base and you get hit by a prowler for 50 grief and only lose 200 of it when you log back in the next day.
I always did find it kind of unfair that the grief escalation system worked the same when getting hit by vehicles. And it does take too long imo for grief to go away....
Old 2012-07-02, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Wahooo
Captain

Grief system is fine, stop throwing plasma and camping tower doors.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Grief system is fine, stop throwing plasma and camping tower doors.
Grief is based on damage done, grief level, and how recently your last hit was. (or at least those seem to be the major factors) They didn't get grief lock from throwing plasma or camping doors. They got it by being in a laggy environment and having friendly vehicles constantly bumping around into each other so that it was probably around +150 grief a paint nick. Really easy to get grief locked that way. It's a simple problem that the grief system wasn't built with this in mind and that's fine because this isn't normal operations and you are correct in your statement that the grief system is fine. But there's no real need for the insinuation in your post.

As for the time it takes grief to go away, it's fast to go away at grief level 0 (0-99) and goes more slowly beyond that (I think grief level 1 is 100-499 not sure though). Accidents do happen and crazy go nuts base fights can end up giving you lock if circumstance conspire properly. But back when we had multiple servers you could just change servers and your grief wouldn't follow you and you could continue playing although laggily.

There is one flaw in the PS grief system and it's that you basically get no grief for killing friendlies if you do it in one shot. A friendly OS on Vpad nets you about 10 grief if you hadn't gotten any recently. All systems have flaws and as far as what the goals of the grief system are I agree that it works quite well.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2012-07-02 at 08:17 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion