Driver/Gunners... NO! - Page 49 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Auraxis the only planet with war 24/7!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #721
PredatorFour
Major

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Ive said before, allowing the option of having BOTH `dedicated driver + gunner` or the `driver guns aswell`.. would potentially make the tanks unbalanced. You would get people whining that their specced out tank is useless against a two man tank and i don`t think Matt or the boys would like this going down the route they are going with the game.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #722
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Ive said before, allowing the option of having BOTH `dedicated driver + gunner` or the `driver guns aswell`.. would potentially make the tanks unbalanced. You would get people whining that their specced out tank is useless against a two man tank and i don`t think Matt or the boys would like this going down the route they are going with the game.
Worse, they'd be correct, thus it couldn't be done away with as "whining" (even though it will be done away with as whining, "bittervet" or whatever derogatory term people who are okay with the balance since it doesn't negatively affect them will use).
Old 2012-07-17, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #723
fod
Master Sergeant

if a dedicated driver + extra person + (if they implement it) cert points for unlocking separate driver and gunner end up slightly better than a single person in a tank then i think thats perfectly fair because they are paying for it with cert points and the need for an extra person
Old 2012-07-17, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #724
CorvicM
Private

Wait so you're saying

1 person > 2 people?

Wheres the logic in that?

If 1 person > 2 people then 2 people > 4 people and half a person/afk person > 1 person???

If so, when we are afk we should get kills ??

Last edited by CorvicM; 2012-07-17 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #725
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CorvicM View Post
Wait so you're saying

1 person > 2 people?
No, he's saying that 2 tanks are better than 1 tank even with equal players.

The argument is based on resources (and thus vehicles) being plentiful, so it becomes more valuable to have more of them than to use them more efficiently.

Hell, I disagree with that argument, and I hate how often people misrepresent it.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #726
fod
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Flaropri View Post
No, he's saying that 2 tanks are better than 1 tank even with equal players.
you sure about that? i think you misread

Ive said before, allowing the option of having BOTH `dedicated driver + gunner` or the `driver guns aswell`.. would potentially make the tanks unbalanced. You would get people whining that their specced out tank is useless against a two man tank
imo if a 2 man tank (2nd man guns main cannon) ends up better then 1 guy in a tank then i think its fair because of the extra certs he has to spend for unlocking the extra person and finding an extra person to roll with
Old 2012-07-17, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #727
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by fod View Post
you sure about that? i think you misread
Entirely possible, but I believed he was referencing 3-man vs. 2-man tanks. All else being equal, you can field more 2-man tanks than 3-man tanks, thus the 3-man variant is "useless" in the eyes of others while it has the same firepower of the smaller crew. (Again, not that I agree with that argument when considering resources and long-term consequences.)

But I could have misread intent, I may have been reading too many of Figments posts and read his arguments into Predator's post.

In general, I agree with the idea that 2 people should do better than 1 on average (again, all else being equal).

Anywho, my apologies if I was mistaken.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion