[VS] Miller (EU) - Vanu Corp [VC] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submitting tons of quotes makes you cool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2013-02-12, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stanis
Master Sergeant

[VS] Miller (EU) - Vanu Corp [VC]

[VC] Vanu Corp - EU - Miller

Recruitment
We continue to recruit players interested in squad based teamplay.
We don't require you to play every moment of the game in an outfit squad. We expect you will want to!
  • Get on teamspeak
  • Be active in our community/forums
  • Join outfit events and game nights
  • Have fun!

Join Us

Gameplay

Historically we are an Infantry focussed outfit. We get the job done.
Galaxy drops and Sunderer supported pushes are our standard MO.

We use combined arms where necessary.

Our objective is usually territory control.
We have an established team with command experience from Squad through Platoon sized forces for Outfit Ops and an established network of allies for Empire co-operation and dominance.

Players are expected to respond promptly to their squad leader - and get on with turning the map purple.

Community
Our gaming community has grown since it's founding in the early days of Planetside 1 on Werner.
We returned to our roots with the launch of Planetside 2.

You will find friendly players that have played Planetside since the start.
You will find experienced players that have crashed umpteen times helping SOE develop PS2 since Beta.

We have a lot of PS1 vets. You can be sure that as the PS2 metagame develops our participation will grow with it.

Allies
The Vanu Accord
The Vanu Accord grew from the reformed Werner VS Alliance of Planetside 1
  • We are proud to be part of The Vanu Accord alliance and welcome new outfits to work with us on Miller.
  • We host a shared VS teamspeak server and work closely to co-ordinate our efforts in game.

WIKI
Server: EU Miller
Outfit Tag: [VC]
Active Members: 100+
Active Players: 1 to 2 squads nightly.
Recruitment: http://www.the-corporation.co.uk/recruitment.php
Language: English
Specialization: Team focused gameplay. Infantry and Combined Arms.
Ages: 18+ Preferred. Maturity and Fun required.
Teamspeak: TS3 essential, Mic not essential
Outfit Ops: Daily Squads. Regular outfit events.
History: A respected outfit on Werner VS since the launch of PS1
Allies: The Vanu Accord - We are proud to be part of the reformed Werner VS Alliance and welcome new outfits to work with us on Miller

Old 2013-02-22, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Xereouk
Private

Re: [VS] Miller (EU) - Vanu Corp [VC]

Sounds great cya on tonight
Old 2013-02-22, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stanis
Master Sergeant

I've PM'd you with further details.
Hop on teamspeak, some of our guys will sort you out - I may not be online until much later. It is Friday :P
Old 2013-02-28, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stanis
Master Sergeant

They got the T-Shirt !

Old 2013-03-03, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
yonman
Corporal

Hey everybody,
Tonight we had two squads focused on Esamir, starting off with some light skirmish action against the NC south of Mani. We took a few local territories and held them against vehicles and a few coordinated hot drops.

Then TR began a push to the north on the Western flank and we packed up and headed to counterattack. We pushed past Andavari and into the Jaeger territories using a coordinated pincer move with Galaxies. We struck fast and got Jaeger's fist with little resistance. The southern tower had stiff resistance that we boxed into the tower and slowly bled away.

By the time the tower was taken a full on TR counter attack was underway from the south. We held the tower against waves of air and ground vehicles attempting the cross using focused salvos of shoulder mounted and Burster maxes.

Eventually the TR flanked hard out into the east and came at us from the east and the north east. Our flanks, now exposed, were hit hard by armor and air. We were forced to give ground and eventually lost the tower.

We conceded Jaeger's fist (easy come, easy go) and met the heavy TR armor in the field with light armor. This was a delaying action to establish our defenses in Andavari itself - which we then proceded to hold against a platoon strength force while our allies flanked the TR and pushed south again.

The fights we participated in were interesting and fun. I enjoyed the tactical problems of bleeding and taking Jaeger's Crossing and later the close quarters, viceral action of holding Andavari's biodome. Our enemies fought hard and the conflict produced some cinematic, suspenseful moments.
Old 2013-03-08, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
yonman
Corporal

Last night saw VC and friends taking the action to our enemies on Amerish.

We did some bouncing around in galaxies and sunderers, responding to threats as they appeared on the map and later pushing the fight back to the TR warpgate. We denied the main access roads from the TR zerg using infantry and varied air support. We also used this time to drill some of the tactics we use to our new members and instill in them the discipline we value at VC.

We left that to take up the call: VS have reached a dead-lock with NC and TR forces around Ikanam. The Vanu Accord, an alliance of outfits established by VC, took it upon itself to crack this tough nut. For this task TVA revived an old favorite: The Max Crash.

VC joined forces with PVL, RPS and ISK to create a 100 man assault wave to crush the TR defenders. Around 60 of the articipants suited up in maxes. What followed was an insane door-to-door fight as we pushed TR back into their spawns and held them there until the SCU was brought down and Ikanam secured.

Does this sound like your cup of tea? Join us! vanucorp.co.uk

Last edited by yonman; 2013-03-08 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2013-03-09, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Allied max crash at Ikanum.
Awesome fight - this footage was captured by one of our engineers at the battle.

Old 2013-03-09, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I think the Vanu Accord should just roll permanently like that, individuals who don't want to participate is fine, but there should be at least 1 platoon roaming auraxis all the time !!!
Old 2013-03-11, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
yonman
Corporal

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
I think the Vanu Accord should just roll permanently like that, individuals who don't want to participate is fine, but there should be at least 1 platoon roaming auraxis all the time !!!
Can you imagine the groaning of "Nerf teh VS maxxxx"?
Old 2013-03-20, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Last night was another Ikanum Max Crash. Huge holed up TR force.

It got the job done. Got to respect the excellent TR defence too - was a great battle.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stanis
Master Sergeant

A shameless bump ..

Had a great deal of fun with a platoon of friends on the focus tests last night.
Trying out the Lattice changes on the public test server. Shows promise!

We're continuing to recruit players looking for squad based teamplay.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stanis
Master Sergeant

With our allies we did some filming last night.

This is a glimpse

Old 2013-04-29, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
hashish
Sergeant

Nicce ! Ah i left everything and joined the channel for filming last night but had an unexpected fone call and i missed everything lol

Any ETA on the full version of the video ??
Old 2013-05-03, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Stanis
Master Sergeant

I'm writing this because the alert on Indar last night goes down as one of my best experiences in Planetside 2 so far.

EU Miller, Indar Alert, May 2nd 2013

[VC] Vanu Corp had 2 squads in a pretty much full platoon with [ISK] Immortal Serial Killers.
There was also a squad of the [UBAD] guys following our movements via Teamspeak.

At the start of the alert we were in the East.
I joined the platoon with Ruvan leading our two squads in a hold/push from NS Offices to Rashnu Tower.
I took control of Delta squad and when we moved to Indar Excavation PL role for the [VC] squads.
[VC] had two squads in the East, [ISK] had two squads in the west.

The East, specifically Indar Excavation came under heavy and increasing attack. We grouped the full platoon at Indar Excavation in response.

Indar Comm Array

At some point [VC] did attempt to capture Indar Comm Array (ICA)
This was not a successful action, in the sense we failed to retake the base.
However a small force assaulting ICA kept an enemy platoon tied up there.
Throughout the alert we noticed a small force kept ICA under pressure.

From this action I would note that we managed to hack out several sunderers and deployed them on a slope.
Even though we benefited from the night, the uphill push was a terrible location.
We do not expect success against an enemy prepared to defend. They can hunt sunderers very effectively from the top of the hill.

Let us move on to the highlights of the event.

Indar Excavation

At Indar excavation, we spawned at a base being heavily pressed by NC.
Teams broke out Sunderer hunting - LA jumping from the landing pads being very effective.
We cleared the points and then started to press the enemy out of the base itself.

With the enemy between us and Quartz Ridge with many Sunderers behind cover we formed up a squad of Lightnings.
These grouped north of Indar excavation and then broke out from the base, pushed south east and rolled into the flank of enemy forces.

This was massively effective. Enemy armour had been dealt with by our infantry. The remaining vehicles were sunderers in cover providing infantry spawns.
NC Infantry that was engaged in an Infantry battle.

A quick decisive strike was effective before they could rearm to engage us - or respawn ready.
With both their line and spawns broken NC forces were mopped up quickly.

We took the lightnings plus flashes, couple of sunderers and magriders and rolled armour across the NW.
Pushing into Coramed we discovered NC ([JNJ]?) with a Sunderer behind rocks near the base and a footzerg coming down the hills from Indar Comm Array.
Really bad timing for them.

Connery was mostly secure by the time we arrived, however there was a mad dash to Camp Connery then a return via Alkali Mining to the west.

Indar Excavation 2

The ISK squads had requested assistance back at IE.
[VC] had a couple of sunderers, the lightning squad down a few lightnings, up a couple of magriders with at least one liberator in the air.

Our situation report was an enemy armour column at the Platoon way point.
We rolled a scout up to the flats near Coramed to see a mixed force of NC armour between the bases.
We formed up and rolled into position to create a firing line across the flats.

Long range fire engaged enemy armour. We were able to focus fire and pull back easily for repairs.
With NC armour rapidly withdrawing we pursued briefly.

NC had assembled many sunderers near IE. Only one was deployed but maybe 8 vehicles were tightly packed behind buildings.
We regrouped and moved to engage with our armour. The area was best described as an ants nest of NC pouring out and around their spawn.

With enemy infantry covering all approaches our anticipated life expectancy was low.
Having time for only a few shots we engaged any enemy clusters and the most visible sunderers. At least two were destroyed.
We pushed in on foot a couple of times, their spawn had been taken out and were mopped up.

There was an intense fight to hunt down sunderers and retake capture points.
Several flights of LA jump jetted down to C to first push out the enemy and then hold the point.
Friendly sunderers were bought in from <base to the north> as Indar Excavation & Coramed were under direct pressure.

With the base secured after intense fighting we once again pulled out the lightning team.
The goal was to push into the west flank and drive diagonally towards Quartz Ridge.

The VS attack was pushing the NC infantry back and we assisted clearing up pockets.

The Rock.

There are several rock outcroppings between IE and QR.
With our available armour told to push we bought a Sunderer and held our chosen Rock with a strong AA and AV position.
For about 30 minutes we then held and prevented NC forces gaining a foothold at Indar Excavation.

The ISK squads hacked south from Dahaka taking Indar Comm Array and other TVA platoons re secured territories in the north so that we held our line across the northern half of the map and pushed territories to the south.

Numerous armour and small groups attempted to get past us. But time and again when an update on our position was requested we were able to report that we are holding steady, position and base secure.

The attempts to break out with heavier armour and sunderers was met with lancer and AV fire. They didn't stand much hope of breaking out.

Retaking the Rock
The rapid dashes by flash and harasser were far more successful in reaching our lines. A couple of harassers did manage it and a replacement Sunderer was needed a few times.
Notably an infantry dash assisted by flashes timed well with a couple of harassers got our Sunderer down, and our position overrun. The NC took our rock!

This was rectified by combined arms pushing back into the point and a nearly suicidal Sunderer push as we crashed back into our rock and re secured the area.

Alert. Victory.
With less than 10 minutes to go ISK had a hack on NS Secure Data Labs.
With two squads in place and only a few minutes left on the timer we were concerned about a strong NC re secure attempt.
We left our rock to deploy at NS Secure Data Labs.

Any NC were already overwhelmed. No platoon came to re secure.
The base was captured literally the second before the end of the alert.

Bringing us a Victory at 40%+ territory control on Indar against NC and TR forces that earlier had pushed almost to our warpgate.

Thanks to ISK for the platoon.
UBAD for the additional squad in support.

The other TVA platoons on Indar for holding the centre and pushing the west.

Find [VC] at http://www.vanucorp.co.uk

VS on Miller can find us and our allies at http://www.thevanuaccord.com
Old 2013-05-11, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DrNickRiviera
Private

Hi everybody!

VC will be having our 10 year anniversary meet on the weekend of May31st - June 3rd in Nottingham. I'd like to extend an invite to any PS1 and PS2 players who fancy coming down and having a few beers and a bit of craic with us.

It would be great to meet a few more players and swap some war stories. If you're interested send me, DrNickRiviera, a pm either here or on the VC forums http://www.vanucorp.co.uk and I'll let you know the details.

All the best and take it easy,
DrNick.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Vanu Sovereignty