Vehicle Surfing - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert Witty Comment Here]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-18, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Boomhowser
Corporal

Re: Vehicle Surfing

Originally Posted by Drakkonan View Post
Provided that it's difficult enough to stay on the vehicle, I don't see why It would have to be fixed. If you, and 12 friends can hop on top of a galaxy and go afk while it flies to a base.
If I see that happen im gonna ask the pilot if he'll head up to flight ceiling then do a barrel roll just for giggles
Old 2012-07-18, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
... wing rider attachment for Galaxy... for jump troops...
else Vehicle Surfing should be difficult but not impossible, like needing to adjust yourself as the vehicle moves while still needing to hold forward to even stop falling off the back.
That was the old, when tanks were slow moving, and not much faster than a grunt hauling ass in a deadly battlefield, this is the new, and look at tanks now.

You will definatly not be standing or sitting on top of one of these things.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Klockan
First Sergeant

If vehicle surfing is in it needs to be made realistic so that things like this wont happen:
Old 2012-07-18, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I had assumed this was just a funny physics quirk. While fun, it should likely stay in games like Saints Row 3.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
so that things like this wont happen:

...And that's a good thing how?
Old 2012-07-18, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Jonny
Master Sergeant

I like the idea of being able to ride on vehicles to an extent. Very bumpy terrain/high speeds could knock you off.

I know this is a totally unrelated game but standing on a vehicle called a manta in ut2004 was loads of fun and created a staple way of capturing the flag in VCTF. When epic took this behavior out of UT3 it felt like they were restricting things and that was one of the many ways they made the vehicles boring.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I like the idea of being able to ride on vehicles to an extent. Very bumpy terrain/high speeds could knock you off.

I know this is a totally unrelated game but standing on a vehicle called a manta in ut2004 was loads of fun and created a staple way of capturing the flag in VCTF. When epic took this behavior out of UT3 it felt like they were restricting things and that was one of the many ways they made the vehicles boring.
God damn everyone would hate it when they escape on a manta wing it felt like hax. I remember attaching sentinels to the wings in V-INV though.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
...And that's a good thing how?
I dunno, I just feel like mounting 5 engineering turrets on a scythe feels a bit too extreme for example.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Stardouser
Colonel

I dunno, I just feel like mounting 5 engineering turrets on a scythe feels a bit too extreme for example.
Vehicle surfing =/= the ability to mount turrets on vehicles.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
God damn everyone would hate it when they escape on a manta wing it felt like hax. I remember attaching sentinels to the wings in V-INV though.
I know it was pretty much an unforseen exploit as users created the VCTF gametype. It could be pretty annoying sometimes but then you had to learn to prepare for it, by dumping a hellbender on the flag or loading it with mines (or using a well timed predictive AVRIL shot). It sculpted the gametype as people made maps with it in mind, (making it possible or not to mantarun) and it took skill to pull off.

Riding on a manta wing after taking the flag was one of the biggest thrills of that game.

BTW that Arma 2 footage was hilarious. There's a related video of people riding cows with mounted turrets on them. That kind of thing makes me want to buy Arma 2 (as well as DayZ ofc)
Old 2012-07-18, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
SztEltviz
Sergeant

Just give mass of the turret to the plane, so it makes slower, less agile, and let them do it. Let the creative dudes do their things, devs can later modify the game if something really break it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion