Indoor Combat - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: lash, lash, lash, spam, spam, spam etc.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-03, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

possibly, but i think Jinxmasta might be correct on that point, if NC uses phonixes in enclosed spaces we run the risk of killing ourselves, i think my tactics would work, but only if the majour offensive is on a large scale.
Old 2002-12-03, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

2. TRs have the (hands down) best defensive MAX suit sure it will be very weak when un-deployed but when deployed I have one word. RUN
I don't think this is really correct. When not locked in place, the TR MAX will likely be very similar to the NC MAX and Vanu MAX when they're not using their special abilities.

And as for it being the best defensive MAX... that's debateable too. After all, targets that don't move make good fodder for grenades.
Old 2002-12-03, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

MAX info was one of our dev questions which should be coming back soon

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-03, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Plasma Nades.
Old 2002-12-03, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

ooooh...phoenix could be wicked indoors for shooting around a corner at an enemy. might take a bit of practice to keep from blowin yourself up in the process...but it could work.

hmmmmm......

Old 2002-12-04, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

You'd rather have a big, cumbersome missile launcher with very limited rounds instead of an assault rifle or other close-quarters weapon? You'd be easy meat when fighting indoors
Old 2002-12-04, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Thats why i want to carry a suppresser. Show them whats what with what if they wanna luanch rockets at me. And the suppresser is like the MP5 Navy from CS and that gun was the one I used mosta the time.
Old 2002-12-04, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ravon Dark
Corporal

All I've heard about NC is Mag-Scatter this and Phoenix that... Are we forgetting the Gauss Rifle? OH! We ARE! 'nuff said.
Old 2002-12-04, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Tobias
Thats why i want to carry a suppresser. Show them whats what with what if they wanna luanch rockets at me. And the suppresser is like the MP5 Navy from CS and that gun was the one I used mosta the time.
I definately wouldn't mind owning a 10mm H&K MP5.

I am also a fan of the supressor, but it will have to see how it compares to the pulsar. If the pulsar does higher damage/sec and the recoil is less then there is no need for the supressor (for us vanu types).

The supressors one upside might be the reduced muzzle flash and low noise making it usable for stealth actions (although someone using the steath suit won't be able to use the supressor).

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2002-12-04, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

At first I was planning on Suppressor but once I decided on Vanu then I wanted the Pulsar instead. I'll just have to see how they compare in the game.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-04, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
wunghee
Private

Talking i wana be a pilot

]i wana be a pilot and stuff. i need a hacker in my squad though. so tell me if wana be in my squad. ( i changed da color like Warborn said, thanx man )

Last edited by wunghee; 2002-12-09 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2002-12-04, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Dark blue is not a good colour to make your text...
Old 2002-12-04, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Oks Time for me to Compare the assault rifles and suppresser:

First Common Pool:

-----------------------------------------------

Punisher
Source: Common Pool
Handling: Rifle
Damage: Medium
Maximum Range: Long
Recoil Penalty: Low
Refire Rate: Fast

~~Punisher~~
Advantages:
This Gun is Fast firing, with the notable advantage of a rocket on it, providing use as an anti vehicle weapon as well as an anti infantry weapon. The recoil on it is noted to be :Low: making it good for short bursts at long range as an anti sniper weapon. It has an average refire rate.
Disadvantages:
One major disadvantage of this gun is that while it is accurate and has a rocket, its rounds are not as damaging as those from the Cycler or the Guass rifle. This will put it at a disadvantage when fighting people equiped with those weapons. It's Rocket and low recoil do not make up for its below average damage. It will suffer at a range vrs players equipped with the more damaging Guass or Cycler weapons.

Suppressor
Source: Common Pool
Handling: SMG
Maximum Range: Medium
Refire Rate: Very Fast

An effective, lightweight, and compact submachine gun, the Suppressor is a solid close-quarters weapon. It is also equipped with a silencer that muffles its shots considerably. With its low recoil effect, the Suppressor is easy to aim and utilize in combat.
(>")> Suppressor <("<)

Advantages:
A submachine gun, not a assault rifle, it is smaller and faster firing then almost any gun (other then the mini gun and cycler) It also takes up less inventory space, allowing the wielder to carry more ammo/weapons/gear. It also is silent, And has a low recoil, making it highly accurate at short ranges and in indoor combat. One of the best weapons for fighting indoors. Its low muzzle flash and silencer will also make it ideal for shooting people from darkness. Sneaky, sneaky sneaky.

Disadvantages:
At long ranges the Suppressor is worse then useless, little better then a pistol in terms of accuracy. Its lower damage will also be ineffective against MAX suits or any type of armored target. Though not a true disadvantage, its quick firing speed will force wielders to manage their ammunition wisely, lest they find themselves without.

Vanu

Pulsar
Source: Vanu Sovereignty
Handling: Energy Discharge

The Pulsar automatic assault rifle is a highly effective weapon utilized by the Vanu Sovereignty. With minimum recoil due to its energy-based technology, the Pulsar can be devastating at short to medium range.
\/4/\/u Pulsar \/4/\/u

Advantages:
The Pulsar is the most accurate of all assault rifles, and maintains this accuracy at a range. This allows the wielder to "open up" on an enemy or group of enemies without losing accuracy. The recoil is the least of any automatic weapon. It also looks pretty sweet. It is unknown at this time the Pulsars ammo capacity, but it Might be very large due to its energy power source, this remains to be seen though.

Disadvantages:
The Pulsar fires bight beams of light, that, like a big shoot me sign, point right at your possession. Once fired you have not a chance in hell of avoiding detection. Unless your sneaky. Its accuracy with lower that disadvantage in the hands of a skilled user (think small controlled bursts).

Terran's

Cycler
Source: Terran Republic
Handling: Assault Rifle
Refire Rate: Very Fast

The Cycler is one of the fastest firing assault rifles. It is equipped with an enhanced magnification up to 4x, allowing it to effectively target distant enemies. It uses a cylinder drum for its ammunition source.
O=={:::::::::::> Cycler <::::::::::}==O

Advantages:
Possibly the best assault rifle, this rifle has far more ammo then any other rifle, and has a firing speed on par with that of the suppresser, allowing the wielder to lay down a carpet of rounds. Very useful for firing into groups of enemy troops or in crowded corridors. It also has a weak scope, allowing for limited sniping capabilities, in other words, you can put a cap in that NC/Vanu before your even in their range, and you can effectively return fire at those long range snipers. The Damage on it is also pretty good.

Disadvantages:
When in full auto mode it will suffer from great inaccuracy, and the recoil on it will be horrendous. Not useful against heavily armored targets. That�s about it.

Hippies

Gauss
Source: New Conglomerate
Handling: Assault Rifle
Damage: High

Using magnetic field technology, the Gauss assault rifle combines standard combustion-based ammunition with a magnetic field that boosts the actual projectile speed when fired. This allows the Gauss to use standard ammunition more effectively than other assault rifles.

________
(_)________)|||||| Gauss

Advantages:
This is the most damaging assault rifle. Dealing more damage then any other, it will be able to rip up troops with light armor and will retain its effectiveness against heavy armor and MAX units. It is also more accurate then most of the other rifles, with the exception of the Pulsar. Lotsa Damage. (Psst Rail Gun Psst). People who are good shots will likely be picking you off at a good range with two or three well placed head shots using this gun.

Disadvantages: Slower firing rate then the other assault rifles will mean you best make those shots count, cause if you don�t that guy packing a Cycler will have you dead before you get a chance to bring your more powerful weapon into play. People who are good shots will likely be picking you off at a good range with two or three well placed head shots.
---------------------------------------------------

Those are my thoughts, the unbiased version. The biased version is here:

Pulsar pwnz all cause its Vanu.

There you go.
Old 2002-12-04, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Da King
Sergeant

Wow Tobias thats umm......... very in depth
Old 2002-12-04, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mold
Sergeant

ooh ya, pulsar is good, and then if you had a close vehicle threat bust out the vanu pistol, and let off a charge...vanu got it all
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion