New Killcam - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: \#FF0000 RED!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-04, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
Stew
Major

Re: New Killcam

Originally Posted by Winfernal View Post
Troll or not. I believe SOE got their tools to handle cheaters/exploiters.
I also have the rigth to have my concern my gaming experience proove me thats sometime killcam can be good to catch cheaters !

I also dislike to be spot so maybe having Replay battle or something like this could be good if your suspicious and the delay of those make the spotting thing impossible !

i think thats Battle replay could be really interesting if someones is cheating and your suspicious you just get into the achive and play the battle replay to catch this cheater and report him rigth away

this could be another interesting way to do it no ?
Old 2012-06-04, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I also have the rigth to have my concern my gaming experience proove me thats sometime killcam can be good to catch cheaters !

I also dislike to be spot so maybe having Replay battle or something like this could be good if your suspicious and the delay of those make the spotting thing impossible !

i think thats Battle replay could be really interesting if someones is cheating and your suspicious you just get into the achive and play the battle replay to catch this cheater and report him rigth away

Yeah. Like the "battle recorder" for (the old) BF games?

But considering the fact of matches lasting for days in PS2... those recordings would be huge. And it sounds hard to implent.

But basicly, anything ruining the immersion and gameplay experience shouldn't be implented. (Like the BF style killcam). I do understand your concerns though!
Old 2012-06-04, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #183
Stew
Major

Yeah. Like the "battle recorder" for (the old) BF games?

But considering the fact of matches lasting for days in PS2... those recordings would be huge. And it sounds hard to implent.

!
Yeah kinda thing like thats ! but i would like to have fragments of battle like lets say 24 / 4 = 6 hours some 6 hours block or some 1 hours block but always release whith a delay so for video montage it will be awesome but also to catch cheaters !

If your really suspicious about someones youll be able to catch him with those video if he was legit or not !

Also matt said thats SOE are going to release every single piece of data so why not the video record of the continents as well ? like avaiable for donwload in a ZIP files or something like thats or each hours of gameplay or 30 minute block no matter how are available for a certain amount of time for download so they will not have to store tons of video data

after few days or weaks the previous are not available anymore and will be deleate !
Old 2012-06-04, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #184
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I'm waiting for someone to find issue with it.
Outfit is not listed from what I can tell.

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Do you guys want to have a "Wait"/"Respawn now" choice on this screen, maybe with a count of near by friendly medics so you can choose if you want to wait for one or not. We were talking about having something like that, I think it could be cool. Right now it just dismisses after a few seconds and the respawn point selection interface comes up.
I think, yes. Though I do like seeing the overall map like PS1, but I believe that was AFTER you hit re-spawn. So, yes.

Yeah, that with at least a 30 second timer would be good.
Way to short.

Well, I guess my theory is in a big battle, knowing there were medics around that could help you out with teamwork would be pretty good reason to not just slam "RESPAWN" right away - 9 times out of ten if we can build mechanics that reward team work we're making Planetside 2 a better game. If there are no medics around you, then off to the respawn screen you go.
YES, to showing if there are medics. No to shot forced respwn timer.

And I agree with others who said BRINK had a great system.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-06-04 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
The Kush
Captain

Cheating is a huge concern not only to us as a community but the developers of the game as well.

The killcam is perfect how it is now. We complained with valid points, they listened.

As far as cheating goes, lets leave that job up to SOE. We have a job to do, play the game. I would imagine anyone clearly cheating will receive a swift ban from the server mods. A /report system will also help. But until we start seeing cheating, we don't need to be able to see our deaths.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
Alduron
Sergeant

Absolutely amazing!

Killer is front and center, you can see his customizations, you can see what he damaged you with, you can see your corpse and the surrounding area, and you get tips. It really is splendid.

Any idea what the middle box is for? Assist damage?
Old 2012-06-04, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Striker KOJ
Private

If your really suspicious about someones youll be able to catch him with those video if he was legit or not !
Yeah, and if you're super duper suspicious, we should have a "Time-out" function, where everybody stops shooting at each other and the referees run out in striped shirts to review the footage while we all watch your death on instant replay from multiple angles, and we draw circles on the screen with the Fox-skidoodle.

Sometimes you die. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes you can't explain it. But at the end of the day, you gotta get up and keep playing. I don't know how some people enjoy games if they are so worried about cheaters, and are suspicious of every death.

Cheating sucks, and we all don't want it to happen, but reign in that ego a bit.

As far as this "kill cam" goes, it is awesome. The information displayed can be tweaked here and there, but I love how it keeps the old school PS1 cam, and adds in the costume cam so we can show off our digs. Now I just hope that the avatar is animated, and we can get some cocky emotes to fuck with people.
Old 2012-06-04, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Looks good!
Old 2012-06-04, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

There would be no way to prevent this Except banning the use of VOIP and TS/Ventrilo.

They could implent Jay zapping us with an "neuralyzer" after deaths, though!
Don't be silly! I would never suggest that the communication was the problem. What I meant to discuss (unsuccessfully by the looks of it) is whether snipers at that distance who have one-shot killed a guy and weren't detected should actually activate a kill cam. My position is that when you are killed by a person who has not been detected, and who has only fired one shot, your kill cam should not activate to reveal the persons position, otherwise being a proper sniper will just be less immersion.

Oh and when I say sniper I mean sniper, not a combat marksman like the type of sniping in CoD ect, but more like the sniping in Project Reality.

Last edited by MrKWalmsley; 2012-06-04 at 12:46 PM.
Old 2012-06-04, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Outfit is not listed from what I can tell.

I think, yes. Though I do like seeing the overall map like PS1, but I believe that was AFTER you hit re-spawn. So, yes.

Way to short.

YES, to showing if there are medics. No to shot forced respwn timer.

And I agree with others who said BRINK had a great system.

Notice the "at least". Means >=
Old 2012-06-04, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
NCLynx
Major

Notice the "at least". Means >=
At first I thought that was a sad face. Then I realised it was Greater than or Equal to lol.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-06-05, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #192
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

The new kill cam is excellent!

I'm guessing the percentages represent the breakdown of the total damage by each weapon that lead to your demise?

The only thing that could be added is weapon stats (damage per shot / per second / rate if fire etc...) so that you can use the death experience to educate yourself about the weapon(s) that juat killed you.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Do you guys want to have a "Wait"/"Respawn now" choice on this screen, maybe with a count of near by friendly medics so you can choose if you want to wait for one or not. We were talking about having something like that, I think it could be cool. Right now it just dismisses after a few seconds and the respawn point selection interface comes up.
I think this would be the best system next to being able to be revived while on the spawn screen. I guess this is what beta is for, to find the answers to questions like these.

I would be fine with either, but I think the Wait/Respawn buttons would do the trick nicely. Medics will want the XP for reviving players, and I'm sure players would want to come back to life.

The only thing with buttons, is it becomes habitual to quickly click the 'spawn now' button so you sometimes may find you have pressed it before realizing there were 3 medics nearby who could just get you back up!

Guess it will just take team work and communication to remind players they can be revived and clicking wait will be beneficial in most cases. Spectating the medics near to you would be a cool feature too.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Looking good, just get used to seeing my max on your screen you TR scum
Old 2012-06-05, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm waiting for someone to find issue with it.
I suppose it maintains the ability to die in a room and then provide live intel to your squad at no further risk, but I'd say this version of the killscreen is well within limits.

I wonder if it can show damage from multiple sources, or just the last guy to kill you?

And yes, I just read the first page and posted a response to the end of the thread.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion