Stealthers argh! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: And what makes them so "sovereign?"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-05, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrFist
Private

Stealthers argh!

lo all

was playing yesterday, cant remember where i was, but vanu was hacking this base, me n my squad rolled in. i started to rehack the base, and was killed by a stealther. This happened to me at LEAST 3 or 4 times. there so annoying!!!

anyone else annoyed wit this? lol

MrFist - Markov
Battle Rank 10
Commander Rank 1
Outfit: AnSu - Commander
beta tester
Old 2003-05-05, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrAnderson
Private

wouldnt say its annoying me...as its a part of the game, but...does irritate me a tad and as soon as i get br 11, im gettin a stealth suit

.:mra
Old 2003-05-05, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sputty
Banned

Well, I was playing NC on Johai hcking Mani I got like 20 kills on "sneaky" stealthers. HEHEHEH.
Old 2003-05-05, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

Well, stealthers dont concern me, because it is really tough to kill a Reaver with a knife.

Old 2003-05-05, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i killed a reaver from inside a stump yesterday... just sat and looked at me dumbfounded while i blasted away with my gauss
Old 2003-05-05, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
QuickStar
Sergeant

i just put on my darklight , and hop in my del , i ran about 15 stealthers over that way
Old 2003-05-05, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Feign
Staff Sergeant

MUCH easier to run over stealthers without DL....

First off, only the most fool stealthers run around outside on anything even resembling a road or pathway. Secondly darklight limites your vision to like 20 ft in front of you so you cant see anyone at a distance.

If you are being killed by stealthers when hacking then you should look for them BEFORE you hack.

Feign
Old 2003-05-05, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mordacai
Private

Re:

Come now, everyone loves stealthers.

I am a stealther. I carry a hacking tool and grenades... thats it.. You cant imagine the fun i have seeing a room full of enemies, trying to defend thier CC. And throw a nade in there. Thats when the fun begins.

What you need to do is get Audio Enhancement. It helps with the Infil guys and doenst limit your vision.

And about you people running over Stealthers... thats just mean... but thats why i got my Mosquito CERT ;] i never have to walk outside the base Unless im chasing someone down with a knife. Just get a mosquito, fly over the base, and jump out ;]

oh Hey btw... next time you go into a CC thats being hacked look around alittle better. Obviously someone had to of been there to hack it. And after you start you sure as hell arnt going to leave it and walk off. Just fire in a circle or drop a grenade... Youll find that stealther.

"Ever seen an entire squad of Melee Boosted Stealthers with Grenades..... its viscious."

Cya in game.
Old 2003-05-05, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

well, I had this happen:

Was in a tree w/phoenix (love being in the tops of trees, so much fun) and a reaver was attacking a teem mate, so I fired off a couple rounds and the reaver started to go down, he bailed, started to run, and the stealth guy he was after killed him now that was good

P.S.
I just saw a reaver die to mines that a cloak guy put down, does that count
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-05-05 at 01:42 PM.
Old 2003-05-05, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Feign
Staff Sergeant

That may have been me Vulcan, last night I was travelling on foot on Osher I think, and was attacked by a lonely TR Reaver. Luckily they have a hard time hitting what they cant see so I was going to escape but he fell under attack (didnt see what from, just missles hitting him) and he bailed. I think he stopped to /say something or play in his inventory or something but he forgot about me too quick and I manged to sneak up and jam my knife in his ribs.

Feign
Old 2003-05-05, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
�io
Lieutenant General

Ph34r teh Dio and his l33t n|nj� h4x0rz� technique!
Old 2003-05-05, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

So im hackin this base... and some guy comes in and tries to rehack. So i kill him over and over. It was really annoying.
Old 2003-05-05, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by ObnoxiousFrog
Well, stealthers dont concern me, because it is really tough to kill a Reaver with a knife.
Heh you'd be surprised, i've killed quite a few MAXs and a few vehicles with my NC infil. AP ammo is there for a reason.
Old 2003-05-05, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kyonye
Contributor
General

i'm adv hacker which means i have a stealth suit. don't be all mad about it. make your first implant darklight vision. besides, its fun killing people as a stealther. easier said then done sometimes and vice versa.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-05-05, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

Lesson 1: before you hack a tower, look behind youi with darklights on. before the DL symbol appeared next to your name, i had the funniest moment of all gaming when i turned around, activated DL, and saw a stealther waiting for me to start hacking the door to the tower i was next to. i fired a random shot to the left of him, and it went wide. i did one to the right too. then i pointed right at him. he ducked, ready to dodge indirect fire. and i launched an incindeary grenade with my punisher. do you like your Vanu Stealther original recipe or extra-crispy?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion