Planetside 2 Gun Combat=Killzone 2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Addicting gamers since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-20, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Planetside 2 Gun Combat=Killzone 2

I never played Kill Zone 2, but I did play MAG and the video from gdc ttk reminded me alot of that game.
Old 2012-05-20, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Furber
First Sergeant

hmmm gonna have to look up some youtube vids of this 'kill zone 2'. Glad to hear this comparison is a positive one, not your typical "it's not planetside1 so it's bad" comparison
Old 2012-05-21, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
You might as well say it just looks like your average bland modern FPS combat. Killzone, Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor, Resistance 2, Homefront. All the same really.

At least the core concepts of the three big factions fighting over a planet with large scale battles is the same. If they had not kept that I wouldn't give a **** about this game the same way I don't play any of those.
Typical..........

LMAO COD and battlefield 3 are not close to Killzone 2 at all...You are just saying that because you hate new mainstream games.

Killzone TTK is similar to Planetside 2....and just the way the battles go with people standing when shooting, just reminds me so much of Kill zone.

I know sony made killzone so Im wondering if they have any of the the killzone guys on the Planetside crew.

Originally Posted by Furber View Post
hmmm gonna have to look up some youtube vids of this 'kill zone 2'. Glad to hear this comparison is a positive one, not your typical "it's not planetside1 so it's bad" comparison
You have to play the multiplayer...When you see how the pace of the game and how it looks when people are in combat, you will see is very similar.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Never played KillZone, can't tell. But everybody on Youtube kept stating it's a BF3 clone, some are mentioning Halo or CoD.
I won't disagree in terms of infantry mechanics. Looks pretty mainstream now which might not be bad. PS1 played like a pretty normal shooter as well. It was the other stuff that made it extraordinary.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
Never played KillZone, can't tell. But everybody on Youtube kept stating it's a BF3 clone, some are mentioning Halo or CoD.
I won't disagree in terms of infantry mechanics. Looks pretty mainstream now which might not be bad. PS1 played like a pretty normal shooter as well. It was the other stuff that made it extraordinary.
No way near halo..

Their is actual movement in halo when you shoot people and the TTK is longer than Planetside 2......Planetside 1 TTK and movement is more simlar to halo.

No close to COD or BF3 either IMO.

Planetside 1 gun gameplay was pretty lacking...I didn't like how slow the characters moved from side to side...seems slow to me.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion