AGN: Community Clash EU Edition Sunday @ 12PM CDT 252V vs DWG - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Exercise is overrated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-10-09, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Furus
Private

Re: Community Clash EU Edition Sunday @ 12PM CDT 252V vs DWG

I would like to point out that at the time of writing,NewSith has not been online since the 24th of May.
Old 2013-10-09, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bvenged
Private

Originally Posted by Furus View Post
I would like to point out that at the time of writing,NewSith has not been online since the 24th of May.
Thanks dude, new to the site and still getting used to the details Back in May WASP was struggling for numbers and had an identity crisis. We're well over that hill now.

Last edited by Bvenged; 2013-10-09 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2013-10-09, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Looking forward to seeing what this is all about. We are certainly up for the 24v24 and are trying to get enough people with the test server sorted before submitted that form.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-10-09, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Furus View Post
"NewSith" has not. Some other character has been online after, though. Please refrain from taking my posts as offense directed at your outfit. There is no point in starting the drama until the event is over.

@Bvanged:
Same thing I said eralier about DWG vs 252... WASP needs abit more "microcontrol". I'm quite sure you can figure out what I mean by that.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-10-09 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
PredatorFour
Major

Dwg are decent but i think 252 are decent too. There is no way one is far ahead/better of the other imo.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Chowley
Corporal

Newsith its certainly coming across quite trolly to be honest.

Anyway enough of that.
I just want to put out an early good luck to DWG from a 252V member. I hope the fight is fun for all involved and spectating. I'm looking forward to it. And ooh Nexus.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

With Nexus being quite air dominant I'd say that 252V might win it, just because of that. Seen more capable pilots from them compared to DWG, who seem better on the ground.

Should be interesting though.
Old 2013-10-09, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
I'll have this promoted on our end too yea!

Sounds like everyone needs to bring their "A" game.
Old 2013-10-09, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
snafus
Sergeant Major

If neither of these outfits are air focused it will be interesting to see it all plays out. Though I am pretty certain it will fall into the same pattern of air dominance wins the match.

Old 2013-10-09, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bvenged
Private

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
"NewSith" has not. Some other character has been online after, though. Please refrain from taking my posts as offense directed at your outfit. There is no point in starting the drama until the event is over.

@Bvanged:
Same thing I said eralier about DWG vs 252... WASP needs abit more "microcontrol". I'm quite sure you can figure out what I mean by that.
Heheh, when I first joined WASP 6 months ago they used to tell me I micromanaged too much. It's actually rubbed off the other way. Now we have numerous strategies and plans for different squad setups for a variety of situations and locations, and we have a strong use of fireteams within our squads and excellent platoon-level cohesion.

The leaders of WASP each have strong, unique traits, and put together we learn from each other and become fairly formidable.

Since we'll never do a set up like it again, here's a less-effective point defence plan for 1 WASP infantry squad I scrambled together in my head at Rime Analytics in the first few seconds of our arrival: http://oi40.tinypic.com/2mongps.jpg

It was working well without NC support against 2 squads of TR for the first few minutes, as, much of a deathtrap as that point room is, until INI dumped 18 guys on our heads with their blasted MAXes - but regardless, the plan was ad-hoc and we had a less-than optimal composition, and yet it still worked up until that point. It took me a second to think it up and only a few seconds more for the squad to follow my orders to the line. From Gal drop, at T+10 we we set up and raring to go. Sometimes we have fixed plans, but sometimes we have to improvise, and it works out.

But nevertheless, we're never, ever going to stop improving. I'm just saying our standards are pretty bloody high atm, higher than you might expect.

I might sign us up to community clash now. We've been opaque with our inner workings and gameplay for far too long. I should go back to youtube videos too.

Last edited by Bvenged; 2013-10-09 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
kidriot
Sergeant Major

I've sent contact info/apps to DWG and 252nd on their respective websites. If anyone here can get their outfit/platoon leads to email me at [email protected] for pre-game information for the Community Clash I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll be co-casting the game with Luperza. Really excited for the match and based off all the information I've gathered so far it's looking to be a close match.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

I'm so going to watch this.

Frankly I believe that 252v will win but solely because IMO they have superior pilots.
Old 2013-10-10, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
ArchangeI
Corporal

Originally Posted by kidriot View Post
I've sent contact info/apps to DWG and 252nd on their respective websites. If anyone here can get their outfit/platoon leads to email me at [email protected] for pre-game information for the Community Clash I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll be co-casting the game with Luperza. Really excited for the match and based off all the information I've gathered so far it's looking to be a close match.
Ive been trying to get ahold of you by email and pm on the forums
Old 2013-10-12, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Froufrou
Private

This should be an interesting match indeed, especially since DWG is strongly infantry focused. I really am not convinced by the whole "air dominance" thing when it comes to 24v24.
And even if it was true, there's a couple of very decent pilots in DWG who might very well stand up to Muhahahaha and Llama.

Last edited by Froufrou; 2013-10-12 at 01:18 PM.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Froufrou View Post
This should be an interesting match indeed, especially since DWG is strongly infantry focused. I really am not convinced by the whole "air dominance" thing when it comes to 24v24.
And even if it was true, there's a couple of very decent pilots in DWG who might very well stand up to Muhahahaha and Llama.
I've been seeing plenty of DWG in the air these last few days as well so I know they're practicing.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion