News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ping? Pong!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I can confirm what the letter stated which is this week. They are in the process of doing whatever black magic needs to be done right now so you guys can play this weekend. We can't give you an exact time or date just yet.
Is this gonna work like the afterhack free time? I mean it's on after you enter the game, or it's on when THEY say it's on?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

To clarify, PS1 is not going free. Players who had an active (paying) account are being granted 30 days free in support of this weekends PlanetSide Day.
At what day will those 30 days be added? ASAP would be nice, giving people time to reinstall (you need a subscription/time on your account to even download via Launcher), and also gives people some days to get into the game again + gives us all more epic battles for longer time.

Different topic: anyone got a idea how to change the language on the station page? German is bugged for the hardware survey.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Nothing at all has changed regarding PlanetSide 1 veterans. Everything you have been told previously is still true.

Ok, so it's just a little mess up on that last information letter, right?

Good.

(And thanks for the answer)

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Gives me an error message

Gotta figure out how to change the page to english. :>
Please let us know if you manage to do it.

I'm working on it too.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

This just isn't something we are able to do. Unfortunately this is not as easy as flipping a switch even if it seems like it should be.
I know I know, it just feels wrong. I really wanted to try the first one and I'll probably not be able to try the Closed beta since I'm going away for a month or two and I won't have a good computer to play on. At least can you confirm that the closed beta starts during those 30 days?
Old 2012-06-26, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

At what day will those 30 days be added? ASAP would be nice, giving people time to reinstall (you need a subscription/time on your account to even download via Launcher), and also gives people some days to get into the game again + gives us all more epic battles for longer time.

Different topic: anyone got a idea how to change the language on the station page? German is bugged for the hardware survey.
VPN. But I don't think you for one have to worry... T-Ray simply can't let the ol' dirty Basti miss the beta

EDIT: WTF, my nickname is taken?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-06-26 at 10:46 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

If I had a specific date and time I would absolutely give it to you. This week is as narrow as I can make it right now. As I stated, the goal of this is to support the events this weekend so it shouldn't be long.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
GIXSA
Private

Sweet. Comon beta
Old 2012-06-26, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

I'll tell you what I expected. Beta this week. Not because of my own estimations (I thought beta would be in September and posted such), but rather based on what I took from Higby's comments at E3. To find out you guys are still internally testing for equipment specs is a little bit of a let down.

I hope you are not losing marketing momentum. Using these boards as a gauge of interest, we went from 500 users monitoring these boards during E3 to only 100 or so now three weeks later.

Summer would be the perfect time to start a beta, for obvious reasons and I would hate to see that opportunity lost.

Finally, there is the free PS1 time. A nice gesture, and harmless as long as you don't offer a 7 day free trial. Having non ps players play PS1 may turn them off to PS2.

I personally don't have the time to load PS1 and would rather play a game like BF3 that has closer game mechanics to what PS2 will be than set myself back playing PS1 (no offense).

Again, the PS1 free time is a nice gesture, but I don't think we should assume that this will placate some of us.

Good luck on internal Beta.

Last edited by Kurtz; 2012-06-26 at 10:50 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
I know I know, it just feels wrong. I really wanted to try the first one and I'll probably not be able to try the Closed beta since I'm going away for a month or two and I won't have a good computer to play on. At least can you confirm that the closed beta starts during those 30 days?
Just buy the box man. Its worth it!
Old 2012-06-26, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Hell yeah! A free month. PS is going to be packed.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

If I had a specific date and time I would absolutely give it to you. This week is as narrow as I can make it right now. As I stated, the goal of this is to support the events this weekend so it shouldn't be long.
<3
Old 2012-06-26, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Poser
Staff Sergeant

What was your expectation if you don't mind me asking?
A date. Or at least an ETA.

Look, this is a lose-lose situation. I find stuff like this to be really superficial and condescending. But if you provide at date and miss it other people will freak out.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
helioN
Corporal

Disappointing. They've said "weeks" at E3. I guess everyone assumed BETA would begin in maximum 30 days time.

Seriously... useless hype. Also, they should make PS1 free for everyone so people could hop in and train before PS2 launches, oh well.

I hate when they tease everyone and then release some useless stuff as an "announcement", it's so... EA-like.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Just buy the box man. Its worth it!
If I could find it in any retail shop that sells one or if I could persuade my parents I would have the second I knew about planetside.
There's a huge downside to being a gamer in Egypt.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Dreamcast
Major

I just killed 2 Vanu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion