Server merg? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh bugger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-23, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cruciall
Private

Server merg?

So is it about time they did another merger? Playing this game during peak hours is really the only way to enjoy the scale that this game has to offer. Even then servers are only at medium load.Which means during peak hours you only see a few 1 to 12 fights, a few 12 to 24 fights and a couple 24 to 48 and 48+ fights.

I dont know about you ,but i would like to enjoy this game at all hours day, and not just for 4 hours a night.With the lack of content ,and meta we have seen the population drop like the stock market crash of 1929,and I doubt it will recover.Nobody is coming back to play this game because SOE released a new gun,camo,hood ornament ,or helmet ,and we wont see hossin, battle islands, continental lattice and ,meta until 2015.I think its about that time.
Old 2014-04-23, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Server merg?

I think if they can get Hossin out by June as scheduled then they should be fine. If they have issues after that then they can explore merger options.
Old 2014-04-23, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cruciall
Private

https://www.google.com/search?q=plan...%3B2034%3B2034

I have my doubts.

First they have to finish Hossin, then create 2 more battle islands,then integrate Interlink facilities into Indar,Esamir,and Amerish/revamp all 3 continents again,after that they have to have warp gates that work,then code in continental lattice , and continental locking....

Although they could just halfass it and just add Hossin into the game and change nothing, but then it will be the same pointless game just with a new continent.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-23 at 09:14 PM.
Old 2014-04-23, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Cruciall View Post

I have my doubts.

First they have to finish Hossin, then create 2 more battle islands,then integrate Interlink facilities into Indar,Esamir,and Amerish/revamp all 3 continents again,after that they have to have warp gates that work,then code in continental lattice , and continental locking....

Although they could just halfass it and just add Hossin into the game and change nothing, but then it will be the same pointless game just with a new continent.
The Interlinks have been removed from Hossin, and it's always possible that SOE could just copy/paste Nexus a few times. At that point it's just a matter of finishing up Hossin and putting everything out.

Functional warpgates, cont locking and the intercontinental lattice can wait as long as we get Hossin since those are features that are still very much long term.

If there's any server that may require a merge, it would be Briggs but there's no other AUS servers so...Connery? I bet that'd piss off a lot of people.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-04-23, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

As soon as they are done with Hossin, I want to see WIP with people doing Searhus.
Old 2014-04-24, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cruciall View Post

I have my doubts.

It makes me sad clicking that link and comparing the PS1 to PS2 (proposed) continental lattice. I think a lot of us are at the stage where we are prepared to accept compromises to see it up and running ( removal of interlink ) sooner rather than later.

Old 2014-04-24, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Eggy
Sergeant

Without multiple mechanisms in place to lock conts from day 1 theres no point releasing hossin at all.

We already have Indarside with few small fights on Esamir and Amerish.
This is occasionally AmerishSide with a few small fights on Indar and Esamir.

As Crucial said, you get the choice of 1 big fight, 1 medium fight and 4-5 small fights.

On Miller, even at peak times, there's never a queue. There isn't enough pop to justify the 3 conts we have.
4 conts, or even 4 conts plus battle islands just makes it even worse if there isn't a way to rotate people away from old content at the same time as adding new content.
Old 2014-04-24, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cruciall
Private

Hossin will be a nice change for a little while but it wont help to retain a viable population large enough for 4 continents .It may bring in some new players, and make some old players come back and play again,but without meta,continental lattice ,and locking it will be the same massive pointless death match and we will back to low populated servers where the players are spread thinner than they are now.
Old 2014-04-24, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rolfski
Major

Hossin release will likely come with a provisional continent locking system:

Old 2014-04-24, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cruciall
Private

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Hossin release will likely come with a provisional continent locking system:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/459117665936605184
This is good news......Now I wonder which faction will have Indar as a home continent...lmao ill change factions every time there is a rotation just to avoid it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion