Am I blind or is NC overpowered. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirates life for me!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-01, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Am I blind or is NC overpowered.

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
I'll admit the falcon needs a nerf for infantry but thats about it.
You know you have to get two falcon rounds to hit dead on for the falcon to take out an infantry with full health. The falcon is kinda hard to kill infantry with. I mean really dude.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
You know you have to get two falcon rounds to hit dead on for the falcon to take out an infantry with full health. The falcon is kinda hard to kill infantry with. I mean really dude.
Really what? And why would I use two falcons for an infantry fight? I Use 1 with a haksaw combo. That is more effective for me then dual shitguns.

Last edited by Artimus; 2013-04-01 at 06:19 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
The SAW isn't bad, but I prefer the GD-22.
I agree, I am a big fan of the GD-22.

*Also, we need a option to thumbs up or like a post Hamma.

Old 2013-04-01, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I normally run dual falcons with my max. It is our best ranged alternative. Plus its good for damaging vehicles. But its not like even a regular rifle in its ability to mow down infantry. The fire rate and explosion diameter are is just too small to really kill a lot of peeps.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Artimus
Master Sergeant

I normally run dual falcons with my max. It is our best ranged alternative. Plus its good for damaging vehicles. But its not like even a regular rifle in its ability to mow down infantry. The fire rate and explosion diameter are is just too small to really kill a lot of peeps.
I agree. I morely used it for max encounters but I have noticed how effective it CAN be against infantry tho. Using inside a place like a bio lab aiming suddenly becomes less of an issue. TBH I have not really read anywhere a solid case to why the NC MAX is OP. Just that it is. Maybe I keep missing it but if someone can give me there opinon then I am sticking with my falcon nerf because I can't think of any other reason why it would be.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
vampyro
Corporal

I like how the op forgot to mention that the reaver and vanguard are the worst of the three factions.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
ringring
Contributor
General

Personally I 'd rather the hacksaw isn't nerfed. I think there shold be a greater difference between empires .
Old 2013-04-01, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Hobnail
Private

Look, much of the reason you factions struggle is that you fail to use good room to room tactics (where the NC MAX is undoubtably the king of the battlefield).

Smoke grenades; no MAX has NV, whereas NV IS 30 certs on each and every CQB weapon. I have never been smoked out...ever.

Flash grenades; a must have for c4 LA but horrendously underused.

Concussion grenades; HA with these and a dumbfire RL = dead hackMAX. Never seen in any Biolab I've graced.

AV grenades; very powerful against MAX units. Rarely sighted.

Honestly there are counters to the MAX which cost significantly fewer certs than the 'OP' hacksaws to buy but you're just not using them. Any of them. Ever.
Old 2013-04-01, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
RSphil
Contributor
Major

from an NC and TR player no. the only NC thing i see as op is the max with shot guns. everything else you can do with the other factions. i snipe a lot the rifles across NC and TR seem about the same. if you cert you sniper rifle then they do the same job and the bullet drop is not much different.

cant comment on VS as only played a little and just dont like the play style.
Old 2013-04-01, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by vampyro View Post
I like how the op forgot to mention that the reaver and vanguard are the worst of the three factions.
Not going to argue with the reaver, but the Vanguard is far from the worst. Especially since the Prowler nerf. The Vanguard shield and high damage per round are great. You can actually reliably snipe ESFs with your main turret.

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Most veteran players agree that the TMG-50 is the TR's best all rounder, but I don't have any experience with it myself so I can't say.

It's because they're essentially space America. Also, I've seen the striker hit turrets.
TMG-50 is a beast, but I still feel the Guass Saw is slightly better. Especially since it's the defualt NC gun compared to either a 1,000cert/700sc gun that most people aren't going to get unless they spend money for weapons. I love my TMG-50 though.

The Striker can hit turrets and to do that you need to have the elevation advantage. You can not fire up to a turret, but you can fire down on to one. It takes about 10-12 rockets to take out a turret. Engineers can totally repair through the damage of 1 Striker.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-04-01 at 08:39 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fenrys
Major

The NC have an advantage in their basic LMG. Fully upgraded (400 certs), it is the best LMG available to the NC. The TR have no comparable weapon - the fully upgraded TR LMGs all recoil harder and deal less damage than the Gauss SAW w/ compensator and forward grip. The VS have the Polaris, which when fully upgraded (comp + adv.grip + optics) is the best LMG in the game IMHO, but it costs 1,400 certs.

One thing the TR have going for them is their carbine Advanced Forward Grip - it's terrible, so there is no opportunity loss when using a LaserDot instead. Also, the T1S Cycler AR is so smooth by default, using High Velocity Ammo creates a negligible difference in recoil - pure bonus, no drawback. NC and VS need to give up something that might actually be useful for them if they want to use either a LaserDot or HVA on any weapon.

And of course, the Phoenix continues to be the most annoying weapon in planetside.

Even so, I'm not too concerned about the balance. It's decent. If someone gets the drop on me, I die. When I get the drop on them, they die. The tools used to make that happen behave a little different, but I still feel like it's the circumstance rather than hypothetical weapon imbalance that determines victory.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-04-01 at 09:22 AM.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Corvo
Corporal

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
If someone gets the drop on me, I die. When I get the drop on them, they die. The tools used to make that happen behave a little different, but I still feel like it's the circumstance rather than hypothetical weapon imbalance that determines victory.
This guy speaks the truth. Battles in Planetside are too chaotic to really account for everything. There's always going to be a guy that you didn't notice that shoots you in the back, a random grenade in the hallway, a tank shell through the window when you are one on one with someone and winning. The list goes on.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Also, I've seen the striker hit turrets.
They can HIT them, but you need to be firing from above in order to actually do damage...

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
What makes the NC max op? The fact that they are deadly at extreme close range like there supose to be? I'll admit the falcon needs a nerf for infantry but thats about it. We use shotguns how do you justify it being op when were worthless everywere else. If anything the other MAXs need a buff.
Well here is the thing...

The TR equivalent, those chainguns?
They are also listed as short range as well, have little to no effect outside of 30m, and have atrocious Time to Kill WITHIN that range even for SOFT targets...
Yes, techicically there is a space from 10 to 30m where the TR Duel ChainMAX will be able to damage an NC ScatterMAX without fear of retaliation, but good luck in KEEPING a charging ScatMAX within that sweetspot long enough to kill it.

You ever tried to hit ANYTHING with a Pounder?
Old 2013-04-01, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
The TR equivalent, those chainguns?
They are also listed as short range as well, have little to no effect outside of 30m, and have atrocious Time to Kill WITHIN that range even for SOFT targets...
Yes, techicically there is a space from 10 to 30m where the TR Duel ChainMAX will be able to damage an NC ScatterMAX without fear of retaliation, but good luck in KEEPING a charging ScatMAX within that sweetspot long enough to kill it.
Don't forget there is a bug on the Mercies that makes them randomly go to crap. The COF gets so bad you can't even hit infantry reliably with 10-20m when that happens.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Don't forget there is a bug on the Mercies that makes them randomly go to crap. The COF gets so bad you can't even hit infantry reliably with 10-20m when that happens.
...I didn't even know that...

Fuck, most everyone in my Outfit runs Duel Mercy...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion