News: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Breaking News: Traffic Doubled Due to Hot Girls Thread!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-09, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Rolfski
Major

Re: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live

I understand that there where also massive desync problems that might have cost people their victory.
Old 2013-07-10, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think they should have just avoided the showdown tbh, and finish off the contest the way it started.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-07-11, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I think they should have just avoided the showdown tbh, and finish off the contest the way it started.
I think health concerns would have stopped them from doing that as it really would have been the competition of he who plays longest. Entry numbers were pretty low i suspect as i didnt play for atleast 5 of the competition days and only a couple of hours on some others with about 3 days of hardcore play towards the end and i qualified 7th.

I think a lot of the anomosity in this thread from the participants come from some self entitled belief that they should have won and because they didn't they rage about anything and everything regardless of relevence to the actual competition some of the participants never stood a chance they simply are not good enough and had the uptake been higher would likely have not qualified. You can seen the TR in the stream complaining in /yell about x y z do you see any of the winners doing this.

I decided within 5minutes that i couldn't outscore some players so i switched to support to do what ever could to help. The NC also spent a couple of hours in sanc discussing how the squad was going to work etc etc, accepting medic revives for example gets you back into the fight quicker and so your xp potential is higher if you are going for kills i supported a max for 90% of the event and still score 6th.

The final format (highest score for the empire) was imo the best way to have run it. Ownership of the biolab should have been neutral but this really had zero impact as the delay to respawn and pop through a teleporter is minimal and again you are only competeing with your own empire. The qualification setup was flawed and imo should have been a system of playing a minimum of 40hours to qualify and the top 12 score per minute in those 14 days qualify

The stream was terrible but it was their first attempt and SOE are improving casting tools.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2013-07-11 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
I think a lot of the anomosity in this thread from the participants come from some self entitled belief that they should have won
The stream was terrible but it was their first attempt and SOE are improving casting tools.
You must be referring to the score on a personal (person by person) basis because nothing is going to change the fact that at the end of the day 1 VS, 1 NC and 1 TR member were going to get a ticket to Vegas.

I agree, I was hoping for more from the stream but their inexperience showed.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-07-11, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Guess it's good Daddy didn't win. I can imagine that on the approach to Vegas airport if the plane experienced any turbulence he would have opened the side door and bailed out.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Guess it's good Daddy didn't win. I can imagine that on the approach to Vegas airport if the plane experienced any turbulence he would have opened the side door and bailed out.
Thankfully Russians and hackers were excluded. How would he log out on the way down? Shoot himself?

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-07-11, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Thankfully Russians and hackers were excluded. How would he log out on the way down? Shoot himself?

Anyway, great for those who won and get ready for a serious blast of heat.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion