Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 40 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wanna droid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #586
Algo
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

"Nothing matters but my opinion, see linked video"

It's amazing this is still going after 6 hours.
My opinion is that prone is boring as fuck and you cant put "boring as fuck" in spreadsheets.

Why do you all have this obsession about hiding?
Get a friend or 11, get in a sunderer and cross no man's land.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #587
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
Did you even read what i said? I am not talking about the enemy.

I clearly wrote I do not care about camping, its easy as hell to kill them.

It ruins flow.
this will kill your teammates and they will start to think twice before doing thats and have you play a Map call operation metro ? in Bf3 ?

this is a way to small area for a 64 player but this kind of senario will happen frequently in planetside 2

ive play numerous time in this maps and no ones almost go prone exept for few second why ? because their will be tons of grenade , grenades launchers etc.. and player have to keep on the moove always

and most people learn thats lying on the ground isnt a good strategie in thats kind of situation

If you have play PS1 the base gameplay was all about corner camping lol and door camping lol prone or no prone its camping

their is no offense defense whiout camping

the thing is its frustrating when you have to atack and then your team mates start to camp back and do not moove foward but no matter prone or not they will camp if they are bad and scary players thats always been you can only hope to be in a good servers with good players lol

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 07:28 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #588
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
this will kill your teammates and they will start to think twice before doing thats and have you play a Map call operation metro ? in Bf3 ?

this is a way to small area for a 64 player but this kind of senario will happen frequently in planetside 2

ive play numerous time in this maps and no ones almost go prone exept for few second why ? because their will be tons of grenade , grenades launchers etc.. and player have to keep on the moove always

and most people learn thats lying on the ground isnt a good strategie in thats kind of situation

If you have play PS1 the base gameplay was all about corner camping lol and door camping lol prone or no prone its camping

their is no offense defense whiout camping

the thing is its frustrating when you have to atack and then your team mates camp but no matter prone or not they will camp if they are bad and scary players thats always been you can only hope to be in a good servers with good players lol
how many times do i have to say i do not give a fuck about camping or your argument about people camping. my concern is flow, something completely different. Try better to understand what i am saying before you assume you know what i am saying.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #589
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol why won't this thread just die already?! The poll has the vast majority of votes on it, and I'm sure that we'll see prone show up in the Beta for a short while at least. All the pros and cons will be weighed and whether or not it actually adds anything more beneficial to the game than just a simple crouch will be decided then. Can someone just close this, haha. I'm just getting tired of seeing it on the top of the page :P
Old 2012-06-10, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #590
Stew
Major

how many times do i have to say i do not give a fuck about camping or your argument about people camping. my concern is flow, something completely different. Try better to understand what i am saying before you assume you know what i am saying.
the flow in battlefield never ends because iof the prone the flow never end or been affected by the prone feature players who act like pussy will interupt the flow and as soon as they start to get kill they start to camp back

this is always like thats Killzone 2 and 3 as no prone bfbc 2 as no prone and ive seen the flow of the game drop when you are in a bad player team who are afraid to die

it was even more true in killzone 3 with the (( tactical repawn )) heavily contested and hard to get so most people have this reflex when they got kill they start to camp back and back instead of rushing non stop

for them thats a reflex but a bad one because more you let the opthers team to moove foward the more you will be trap and soon youll be trap in your spawn

its true in everygame and have nothing to do with the prone mechanics i hope you understand
Old 2012-06-10, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #591
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

euh.. they said at E3 thats they will implement prone into the beta and will see how it goes thats whats ive seen i can give you the link if you want to

Please, because ive watched all the streams, and ive not heard that.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #592
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Please, because ive watched all the streams, and ive not heard that.
Adams clegg say it i swear He as said thats prone isnt in yet but they want to test it out during the beta and if prone doesnt work it will not make it in the final build

it ws in a inteview iam looking for the link
Old 2012-06-10, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #593
mynameismud
Corporal

It will affect flow regardless of pussies or not. If you think it will change for the better that's your opinion. If you think prone wont change the flow at all you are delusional at best. Flow never "ends" as you say. It just gets ruined and turned into a shitastic flow.

I'm done debating you. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. and because you insulted me and never even acknowledged it i would like to say a last and hardy go fuck yourself cocksucker.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 07:44 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #594
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Adams clegg say it i swear He as said thats prone isnt in yet but they want to test it out during the beta and if prone doesnt work it will not make it in the final build

it ws in a inteview iam looking for the link
Get the link and stop spreading rumours...
Old 2012-06-10, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #595
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

...and because you insulted me and never even acknowledged it i would like to say a last and hardy go fuck yourself cocksucker.
way to end a discussion ^^
Old 2012-06-10, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #596
MadPenguin
Sergeant

MAX and heavy assault whould not be able to prone
Thats fine for the max because they are very heavily armoured, but it puts HA at a huge disadvantage, especially when fighting in any kind of grassland
Old 2012-06-10, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #597
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
Get the link and stop spreading rumours...
Quite blasphemous rumors might I add. If you can't link it that's as well as it wasn't said at all as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-06-10 at 07:51 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #598
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by MadPenguin View Post
Thats fine for the max because they are very heavily armoured, but it puts HA at a huge disadvantage, especially when fighting in any kind of grassland
lol MAx prone will look also weir but it will be to complicated animation wise
Old 2012-06-10, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #599
Timey
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Quite blasphemous rumors might I add. If you can't link it that's as well as it wasn't said at all as far as I'm concerned.
day 3 near the end they discuss prone. Can't be arsed to find the exact time.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #600
MadPenguin
Sergeant

I think someone definitely mentioned prone, i think it was Clegg but all he said was if people want they COULD try prone out in beta and see how it worked. It is by no means certain we will see prone in beta
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion