Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 33 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where are our dawgs at? bark with me if your our dawg.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #481
mynameismud
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

adding prone and making it balanced doesnt remove my dislike for it at all. I dont want to walk into a control point and see a dozen people lying on the ground. And as a medic i want to be able to easily see who is dead and who is alive.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #482
Phellix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This isnt a arguments this isnt a reason If prone do not be in their is must be a reason saying i dont want prone isnt a reason and if the reason is Prone = camping for exemple wich is wrong and i can proove it so why no prone why these guys should be taken as a exemple if their reason agains prone are irrevelant ?

Prone is usefulls for proper infantry moove

The dev as states at E3 thats prone will be implemented and tested in the close BETA i think you miss many thing at e3

And iam totally for to test it out and figure out whats best

in some old games like battlefield 2 and Bf2mc the prone was overuse and was exploits a little like mods controlers COD drop shot exploits

But with decents prone mechanics and anti exploits prone become what it should be a utility moove to get cover and use terrain !

so yeah it seams for you its all black all white

but not form me

its seams for you iam FOR prone and your agains and it seams you try to figth agains me

iam not agains you iam not blind

i want whats it will be the best for the game considering the scales the maps layout etc.. and you should do the same instead of blindly repeating thats your agains prone you in the NO team

thats make no sens to me

you should consider every option

Like if i test prone in a beta and SOE do not mamage to make prone good and fair and if prone is broken or broke the game I will BE AGAIN prone in the final build

If SOE manage to make prone good fair and cant be exploited i will be FOR prone in the final build
Holy ps2newguy batman, calm down and read your post before submitting, reading this hurt my brain.

Okay, I'm a PS1 Vet and couldn't sit by and listen to this anymore, I'm willing to bet a good majority of those who voted "yes" haven't played PS1, Why you ask? Because most PS1 players know it's not needed and completely pointless to give an option for camping. My favorite part of PS1 was taking a mossie to the highest peaks and sniping until i was out of ammo or dead. Crouching made snipe battles fun and was a HUGE part of assaulting a base from a hill, if you stayed in the open for more than a few seconds you were dead.

Crouching in the open in this kind of scale would only lead to you dying instantly.

We didn't need prone to defend a base in PS1 because of the way they set the game up, with objects you could create a hallway of men hiding behind the stacks, if they had prone it would of be retarded trying to assault a room because people would just pop up and down inbetween reloads and the offense wouldn't be able to hit them. Same goes for the outside walls, they had the ledges that didn't fully cover you crouched, but had spots where you could take cover. It shouldn't be a pop up and down hedgehog style that's retarded.

My advice is you should probably play PS1 and see what we're talking about and why we don't want it. Planetside was a great game and people have played it for a very long time for a reason; It's not like anything else out there. Nothing comes close.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 01:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #483
Verruna
Private

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
How does one render an opinion after characterizing other opinions as "invalid bla bla bla" with a straight face?
Alot of posters in the first few pages that i skimmed over invalidate other posters opinions by simply noting it as invalid being unproductive to the matter at hand caused by said person(s) being far too serialz and mad for their own good. I noted that as funny, although i suppose unproductive posts invalidating others opinions arn't funny, just unproductive.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #484
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Verruna View Post
Alot of posters in the first few pages that i skimmed over invalidate other posters opinions by simply noting it as invalid being unproductive to the matter at hand caused by said person(s) being far too serialz and mad for their own good. I noted that as funny, although i suppose unproductive posts invalidating others opinions arn't funny, just unproductive.
That just confused the fuck out of me, but it made me smile, so you win. I retire defeated.

Good night!
Old 2012-06-10, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #485
Revanmug
Sergeant

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
We need to discuss the definition of "prove". Proving generalizations with anecdotes just doesn't work, my friend. Prone would indeed increase "camping", pretty much by definition.
My only problem with the "prone increase camping" is... How can you love a game where you have to camp your base to defend it from enemy coming for the distance...

And be against camping?

Just curious

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
please be civilized been raciste and saying such thing about a languages or people do not have a place in forums this isnt contructive and it juts childish and really bad

every people are free to speak the languages they want wiout been juge by people like you i would like to see you to stop saying such thing in the near futur please thanks !

A little respect for others culture and language will not hurt you
That had nothing to do with racism as I can speak French. That doesn't change the fact that the French translation sound pretty damn horrible like most games except for a few ubisoft Montreal games. A wouldn't mind having you learn a more proper English so you can stop shaming our province. Get it?

Last edited by Revanmug; 2012-06-10 at 02:12 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #486
Phellix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Revanmug View Post
My only problem with the "prone increase camping" is... How can you love a game where you have to camp your base to defend it from enemy coming for the distance...

And be against camping?

Just curious
The problem with this logic is assuming defending a base is camping it, when in reality you're actually just defending it.

Camping would be attacking the spawn tubes and not destroying them. If you know what those are.

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 02:09 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #487
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I think you misread me. I'm not pro- or anti- camp. As you say, if you're holding something static - a base, a strong point, a rally - you're "camping". It's native to objective-based gameplay. The disparaging use of the term came from the days when grabbing the lightning gun and sitting your ass on the quad was a big win button.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #488
Ironside
Corporal

prone won't make it into the game, if it does i'll buy all those that want it a zebra camo
Old 2012-06-10, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #489
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
prone won't make it into the game, if it does i'll buy all those that want it a zebra camo
Deal. If it doesn't, I'll buy every legal PS2 player in the Bay Area a beer.

I'm not delusional about the odds on this one, I'm just a fan of parties.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #490
mynameismud
Corporal

If you die lying down you do not earn you way into Valhalla.

Can't we fight like men for the sake of fun like we have done since the first person shooter was invented? Number of shooters with only crouch=over 9000, number of shooters with prone=maybe 20. Let's leave the not fun realistic dont get shot EVER tactics to real war and the mediocre modern shooters that foolishly try emulate them.

Personally I want action mayhem and destruction. prone shoots action in the foot, and with action crippled mayhem and destruction will not flow as it should.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #491
Envenom
Sergeant Major

The battle rages on. Prone will win. You will see.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #492
Phellix
Sergeant

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post

Personally I want action mayhem and destruction. prone shoots action in the foot, and with action crippled mayhem and destruction will not flow as it should.
Same, I just want my large scale fights of ridiculousness back

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
Did you not play PS1?

Last edited by Phellix; 2012-06-10 at 02:24 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #493
Stew
Major

i wiould have paid 100 $ to verify the integrity of this vote lol 300 vote lol yeah for sure hahaha !

Public vote should be consider secret vote cant always be taken with a grain of salt

anyway poll mean nothing to me the Dev team must do whats will be the best for the game and player will have to adapt

sharing contructive idea is good

spamming vote in a secret thing where the same person with 10 accont can spam over and over dosent count to me

and also the relies like

i dont want this or a dont want thats or some irrevelant and wrong arguments like Prone = camping i call bullshit on this

please make sure to not be blind and close mind

this game will come into a beta stage everyones must try to make it better for everyones for the game itself not based on some sort of non sens personal preferance
Old 2012-06-10, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #494
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
but then they would have to make animation for it and we know how opposed to that the devs are. hell arent the heavy assualt weapons ready to go theyre just waiting on animations for them?
Old 2012-06-10, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #495
Envenom
Sergeant Major

They said during the livestream they will be seriously considering prone and potentially implementing it in the coming beta to see how it goes. Once the bittervets see how amazing it is, their tune will change.

*thunder crack*
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion