Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 62 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd Tap It
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #916
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
I think you don't remember playing BFBC2.
No... he's 100% right.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #917
Chronic
Private

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Nice find agains you conter a arguments that a lots of people come with such as Prone will encourage camping lol

these snipers nest in crouch position was more than just usual in many NON prone games

Edit: and if they where prone in this position they arent going to be able to shoot lol only get a cover but in crouch at this spot people just can see their gun because the montainside hide the rest of their body only the deah and the top of the guns are expose

What are you saying? I don't understand broken English.

Last edited by Chronic; 2012-06-10 at 11:15 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #918
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
This is the way it should be, you don't need prone for this.

Stew must have just woken up, because now this thread is going to last another 50 pages because he will post the same useless rant bumping it. Please lock this thread points have been made and it's just going to be arguing and "my opinion is better" attacks.
Prone isnt for camping with snipers prone is for rushers mostly

the point was not been made at least for you because it seams you did not read others arguments because most people who want prone are rushers not camping snipers

most people want prone to actually be able to play with the terrain and with cover when they need it if my only way to survive is been prone for 2 sec the time to reload and if my only cover could be a crate 2 feet tall or a rock 2feet tall or very little hillside

I want to be able to do it to safe my life not having crouch and having half of my chest and head expose

this is the main reason , snipers , campers , non mooving target , have nothing to do with it

and also prone will not change players mentality and play style

so why not remooving clock since some people will all take a sniper with cloak and will camp behind this will slow the gamepace and flow of the game ? no matter if they are crouch they are invisible at distance

but the truth his we dont need to remmove cloak beause not everyones will use it or abuse it

we will see in the beta if it work or not but its a welcome mechanics for a front line rusher like me

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 11:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #919
Chronic
Private

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
No... he's 100% right.
He's a 100% wrong. There's just as much camping because sniping in both games is piss easy.

Last edited by Chronic; 2012-06-10 at 11:16 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #920
McBane
Private

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
No... he's 100% right.
Wrong, camping in BC2 was the worst ever in the Battlefield series bc as a sniper you could hit a single sand corn from a mile away. That problem didnt exist in BF2 or BF3 where u could prone, but the sniper rifles were not so ridiculously over-precise.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #921
Phellix
Sergeant

Prone isnt for camping with snipers prone is for rushers mostly

the point was not been made at least for you because it seams you did not read others arguments because most people who want prone are rushers not camping snipers

most people want prone to actually be able to play with the terrain and with cover when they need it if my only way to survive is been prone for 2 sec the time to reload and if my only cover could be a crate 2 feet tall or a rock 2feet tall or very little hillside

I want to be able to do it to safe my life not having crouch and having half of my chest and head expose

this is the main reason , snipers , campers , non mooving target , have nothing to do with it

and also prone will not change players mentality and play style

so why not remooving clock since some people will all take a sniper with cloak and will camp behind this will slow the gamepace and flow of the game ? no matter if they are crouch they are invisible at distance

but the truth his we dont need to remmove cloak beause not everyones will use it or abuse it

we will see in the beta if it work or not but its a welcome mechanics for a front line rusher like me
"this is the main reason , snipers , campers , non mooving target , have nothing to do with it "

Maybe not for you, and hats off to you for not abusing it, but prone does create those exact problems and the game is based around being able to crouch to take cover so there's absolutely no reason to change it. Prone would do nothing for a rusher in this type of scale because if you used it you'd just get naded for sitting somewhere too long.

I think you're believing the game didn't have cover in mind for people crouching and this isn't the case, perhaps you should watch the E3 Streams again and look at the terrain.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #922
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

in BF3 the (( killcam)) arent on most of the time the servers admins allow them or not
What?
Old 2012-06-10, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #923
Stew
Major

"this is the main reason , snipers , campers , non mooving target , have nothing to do with it "

Maybe not for you, and hats off to you for not abusing it, but prone does create those exact problems and the game is based around being able to crouch to take cover so there's absolutely no reason to change it. Prone would do nothing for a rusher in this type of scale because if you used it you'd just get naded for sitting somewhere too long.

I think you're believing the game didn't have cover in mind for people crouching and this isn't the case, perhaps you should watch the E3 Streams again and look at the terrain.
http://youtu.be/a3L04OgHdL0?t=17m2s quick exemple did i have any problem to see him or kill him ? ive never enconter any problem with prone snipers they are easy target to me so i do not see the point

i dont have a single camper in my clan and we are around 50 ? and none of them camps and we all use prone as i do to use terrain thats all and most people are doing the same and (( drop shot )) arent a problem either 99% people who drop shot in a firefigth with no cover arounf are dead lol this isnt like COD 4 mods controlers drop shot
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #924
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Stew should get an achievement for linking the most completely irrelevant youtube videos that nobody actually watches.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #925
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
What?
Most of the time the killcam is disactivated and you dont see the killer cam servers admin have the choice to put it in or not in their servers ive seen plently of servers with no killcam you only see the name of the guys who kill you not where he his etc..
Old 2012-06-10, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #926
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
So.... add prone and remove crouch? xD
Ideally they're choices among many. In the previous pages (if anyone can keep up at this point) it's been described that a few people here wish that prone was a choice after crouching. That is:

Standing:
  • High Mobility (Can sprint)
  • Large Profile
  • Low/No Accuracy Modifier

Crouch:
  • Medium Mobility
  • Medium Profile
  • Medium Accuracy Modifier

Prone:
  • Low Mobility
  • Low Profile
  • High Accuracy Modifier

The transitions would be from Stand -> Crouch -> Prone in a fluid motion. This has been brought up numerous times now. People have listed other modifiers for each state. Grenade use, cloaking, etc modifiers. Lot of variables.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #927
Phellix
Sergeant

http://youtu.be/a3L04OgHdL0?t=17m2s quick exemple did i have any problem to see him or kill him ? ive never enconter any problem with prone snipers they are easy target to me so i do not see the point

i dont have a single camper in my clan and we are around 50 ? and none of them camps and we all use prone as i do to use terrain thats all and most people are doing the same and (( drop shot )) arent a problem either 99% people who drop shot in a firefigth with no cover arounf are dead lol this isnt like COD 4 mods controlers drop shot
That clip had NOTHING to do with what i said. Do you even read posts?
Old 2012-06-10, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #928
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Stew should get an achievement for linking the most completely irrelevant youtube videos that nobody actually watches.
How this could be irrevelant ive show someone in prone position and ive seen him and kill him with ease

thats was the whole point but i think i must upload some more video but ive already proove manything about prone yet Ignoring it do not make the video irrevelant they discredit all false arguments thats come up !

The only problem about prone could be the implementation of it mostly the hitbox and few thing like this

nothing to do with all the ,, camping , dolphin d , flow reduce , etc.. all of this has been proove wrong in my many videos

also after ive proove them wrong they start to come up with Ok its not because prone work in MAG and Bf thats it will work in planetside 2 nad ive said we will see it in the beta but as far as i know Matt higby John Smedley tramell Issac have all said the gameplay gunplays is deeply inspire by modern shooters such as Battlefield , call of duty , MAG and so on

So at the momment if a presume the gameplay is based on those game can i say Prone might work well as well ?
Old 2012-06-10, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #929
Phellix
Sergeant

How this could be irrevelant ive show someone in prone position and ive seen him and kill him with ease

thats was the whole point but i think i must upload some more video but ive already proove manything about prone yet Ignoring it do not make the video irrevelant they discredit all false arguments thats come up !

The only problem about prone could be the implementation of it mostly the hitbox and few thing like this

nothing to do with all the ,, camping , dolphin d , flow reduce , etc.. all of this has been proove wrong in my many videos

also after ive proove them wrong they start to come up with Ok its not because prone work in MAG and Bf thats it will work in planetside 2 nad ive said we will see it in the beta but as far as i know Matt higby John Smedley tramell Issac have all said the gameplay gunplays is deeply inspire by modern shooters such as Battlefield , call of duty , MAG and so on

So at the momment if a presume the gameplay is based on those game can i say Prone might work well as well ?

You're still comparing a 64/64 to a 2000/2000, with 3 different teams with aerial and mobiles vehicles, deployables, MAX's, cloakers....do you see where i'm going with this? You can keep stating that they want to base PS2 around those games but they're nothing like them so they in reality cannot be compared and the devs have said this.

You are not convincing anybody except yourself, stop beating a dead horse.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #930
Stew
Major

That clip had NOTHING to do with what i said. Do you even read posts?

this is whats ive read so yes i think the video as make sens about whats you said its seams you said the campers will get spot to hide on the map behinds rock etc.. and that part of the maps is like the rocky place around the base at e3 where people can camp prone and as you can see you can see them in bf3 and kill them so why not in ps2 ? even in ps2 people even with the sersert camo still have brigth color so they are even easyer to spot

if i get you wrong please explain me because this was the way i just understand it sorry if i misunderstand you

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-10 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion