How to add a Bomber/artillary track into the game. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the site for people who dream to get married on a H.A.R.T
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-16, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, I never said low, I just think that it should be able to get hit by the AAmax, etc
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-16, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Sit would have to fly within its rang, or known as the low. Medium is just that area where all air battles take place. And High is where the air is thin and where all the fire is gona rip all the paint off the bottom of your helpless little hull.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-16, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Cyanide
First of all, most artillery shells make a noise when they're falling. Second, I wan't aware that as soon as you die your game screen switches away and there is no death animation. Do you just sit there with a black screen if you're waiting for an advanced med to revive you? Third, if the only thing that could kill you without you knowing what it was is an artillery shell landing right on you, one should be able to use ones amazing brain power to deduce that it was an artilery shell which killed them.

Four, going back to where you were killed in a reaver and blowing the hell out of the artillery gun which probably spent a looonng time to get into that position = FUN.

BTW, if you don't see the dude pointing the big bright targeting laser at your position you're blind. You're also stupid for not running away from laser because it has to achive a lock before firing and once it is fired the shell is not guided by the laser.
You apparently do not understand what artillery is, its out of range. The whole mfing point is you CANT SEE IT

I quit several nights in a row when the Phoenix was overpowered and could be turned down base hallways. I would surely call it a night if i started getting bombarded by shells from behind some mountin. That = gay

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-16, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I think that a good "super weapons", like the orbital strike thing, would be an EMP. It should be pretty big, but not big enoug hto hit a whole abse, or small enoug hto hit only like 2 tanks. This way noone dies, they're just put at a pretty bad disadvantage.

Old 2003-04-16, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Kyonye
Contributor
General

bombers, already there. artillery, no. there is no need for artillery. the heavy tanks in all factions can act as artillery already. they purposely stay away from artillery so that there can be no 20 person killings at one time. the bomber idea is prety much already in there. the reaver can fire off around 60 missiles before having to go back to a base and getting more. the pretty much is a bomber.

if you put artlillery into the game, those people will gain more grief points than they can imagine. i think they're trying to stay away from that.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-04-16, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Why laser-guide the bombs at all? Drop the bombs and run...griefing should keep them from being abused. (Implement an old-fashioned bombsight, like the Norden kind from WWII, or the Thundersword "bombsight" that rolled over the terrain) Make them highly visible on radar, so that when Hamma takes one for the team, he at least knew that someone was dropping bombs. Separate certs for bomber crews (pilot and bombadier at least), so that the appearance of a bomber is rare.

More: 20-40 bombs total (10-20 vehicle-busting, 10-20 infantry-busting, 0 bunker busting), long vehicle timer, at least one gun point (chaingun/recoilless cannon/energy beam), usable only from base air pads and air towers, and a crew of 3 working together and getting orders from commanders so that they don't wipe out their own army would be great.
Old 2003-04-16, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Spinnaker
Corporal

they should make a thingy for air strikes not in asense of bombs but like a ac-130 gun ship... mini guns, 50mm cannons 30mm cannons and a few bottle rockets and the plane shoudl do max, 2 straferuns near the target, have 6 people fire, 1 pilot and have a guy on the ground have the laser. a team can only use the plane at request of the targeter. if not in use should stay at sanc, when called on shoudl fly all they way there. maybe it can get shot down too.

Technology equals MIGHT

there is no such thing as over kill, just under cooked
Old 2003-04-16, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
BeerJedi
Sergeant

I liked the idea of laser guided tomahawk missles (that can be shot down).

Two man crew.

1. Laser Handler
2. Gunner

The laser guy has to paint the target. The instant the target is painted, the shot can be fired. But the painter still has to keep the little red dot on the target.

If anyone has played old Team Fortress, the snipers used red laser sights for targeting. u couldn't see the beam, but u could see the red dot. And if he placed it on your head, u knew what it was.

In this case, if you saw the dot, its not instant death cause the missle still gotta get to you.

Also, if the laser is turned off, or the missle loses site, it becomes a dumb rocket and just crashes (no exp).

Give it more power than the normal missles/rockets out there.
3 sec reload time (one shot at a time) with a 20 max shots before outta ammo.

The missile's rocket trail will be a nice indicator to where the shot was fired from. Smoke trail straight up from the trees is a pretty obvious indicator.

counter measures....

An ACE can be applied to an vehicle by a combat engineer that can detect the laser site painting the specific vehicle. Giving the driver ample oppurtunity to manuever.
Old 2003-04-16, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
orogogus
Private

I dunno, I kinda like Cyanide's suggestions, although I do understand where your frustration comes from Hamma.

But the phoenix issue is more about the fact that it's guidable and creates it's own LOS and that everyone and their brother can how one and spam them from inside/near an AMS- unlike what we are proposing. Basically these would outside only, take coordiantation and a long time to get in place, wouldn't shoot that quickly. I think it'd be sorta fun.

The orbital barrage sounds cool with CR- I like the idea of a large area EMP strike more than physical damage.

As for issues about 'needing' a lock with artillery- why not have multiple shell types (ditto for bombs) and the alternate fire mode is to use a laser designator (which is still useless inside or when there is something over the target like a bridge etc. Regular fire mode is 'dumb' (read grief magnet). Maybe make it so that artillery can't deploy inside an AMS cloak (or so big that it doesn't fit).
Old 2003-04-16, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Skipping along back, if atliery why not just use GoldenEye!!!

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
BeerJedi
Sergeant

i think its called orbital strike for fear of copyright infringements.
Old 2003-04-16, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally posted by Hamma
Games are supposed to be about fun. Running around looking for some artillery tank hiding somewhere = not fun

dying without knowing how = not fun
Amen.
Old 2003-04-16, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Tricky
Contributor
Corporal

I too am with Hamma, why not just make an "I Win" button. It'll save you the head-ache of leaving Sanc. to kill someone.
Old 2003-04-16, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Yes because a button that says "I win" is exactly what's being discussed

I'd love to see a 6 crew bomber or something along those lines. Something where if fully manned it's a challenge to shoot it down without being shot down. I'd also like to see flares of some sort that can throw of incoming missles for 2 to 3 seconds implimented although I'd like to actually try the game before I see any changes

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion