Upcoming JH Changes? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alt+F4 for prize!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-16, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rayder
BUZZ Johnny, tell the man what he *could* have won!

Well Bill, if he had answered that the intelligence of each empire's CR5's differs greatly, maybe he could have won the booby prize.
So your theory is that on all 3 servers and out of the 850 CR5's (yes there are that many total) that the NC just happened to get all the "good" ones?

Possible, but so is buying a winning lotto ticket.
Old 2004-01-16, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by BadAsh
To beat HA just learn the weakness of the weapon... RANGE. If you are MA on a base wall and the HA is at ground level either in the CY or outside the base... you will win. HA will also lose to SA in a big way in that same situation. Also, if you catch HA at a distance you can kill them way before they get into optimum range.

On the catwalk of a bridge, I suddenly hear a jackhammer ghoing off, and myself taking damage. I turn in the direction, and a rexo is charging me. I fire off 2 shots of plasma, one direct, one way off, but still getting him, and, I got owned at 40m. Full health, Full armor.
Old 2004-01-16, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BadAsh
Here:

http://www.thottbot.com/planetside/2...1/BR/kills.php

For each empire it shows how many average kills per enemy empire. Just add those together to get the total average kills.

Totals:
TR: 1369
NC: 1651
VS: 1368

Look how even the TR and VS are!!! That's as good as it gets! We just need to either bring those two up to the NC effectiveness level or lower the NC to be equal to the other two or some combination of adjustments... I think a good power balance is in the best interest of the game as a whole.
Uhh not dispelling your post here, but I still don't see where you're pulling those numbers. I are teh dum
Old 2004-01-16, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by infinite loop
Uhh not dispelling your post here, but I still don't see where you're pulling those numbers. I are teh dum
Use that same link...

Note at the top of the chart is a "overall" total listing, use that one. It has a dual listing for each empire indicating the total overall kills for each of the 2 enemy empires. Add those up to get the grand total overall average kills.

Average Kill Totals:
TR: 737 NC kills + 632 VS kills = 1369 total average kills
NC: 854 TR kills + 797 VS kills = 1651 total average kills
VS: 654 TR kills + 714 NC kills = 1368 total average kills
Old 2004-01-16, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spee
On the catwalk of a bridge, I suddenly hear a jackhammer ghoing off, and myself taking damage. I turn in the direction, and a rexo is charging me. I fire off 2 shots of plasma, one direct, one way off, but still getting him, and, I got owned at 40m. Full health, Full armor.
So you are suggesting the JH is a good long range weapon? I've personally never effectively used it against any target past very short range.

As for your example I dunno... I know the weapon is next to useless at the ranges you are describing... maybe as he started firing you got sniped? I guess we could do some JFK style theorizing here But I suspect another shooter or lag... he might have been right on you but it seemed like half a mile away...

Believe me I tried to get the JH to work at a better range but it just is useless. If you are on a base wall shooting down at attackers you are wasting your time... better off with a suppressor or any MA weapon... going to the caverns also taught me this lesson... my cavern load out is Rexo/JH/Gauss... so I can shoot back at guys trying to MA "snipe" me from elevated firing positions...
Old 2004-01-16, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Jagd
Major

The downside to the MCG, which nobody seems to acknowledge, is that you have to crouch and/or stop moving to have any accuracy. As for the jackhammer, I'm glad somebody finally thought through the whole reload time thing but until they nerf the damage somewhat, it's going to be eating us for dinner for years to come.

The point about the ultimate cert+implant combo is bang on, maybe if they came up with a new implant that helped out the automatic weapons we could put this all behind us. Call it Stabilized Limbs or something more catchy. It reduces the CoF of whatever weapon you're using, draining 1 point of stamina with every bullet you fire. This would buff pretty much all of the automatic weapons, while essentially having no effect on shotgun weapons.

Last edited by Jagd; 2004-01-16 at 07:52 PM.
Old 2004-01-16, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Seer
Major

I'll throw my lot in with 'remove HA entirely.'
Old 2004-01-16, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

As long as I can finally Do damage up close with the JackHammer after this next patch I could care less. I never really used the Triple shot unless I hit it by accident
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-01-17, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

So you are suggesting the JH is a good long range weapon? I've personally never effectively used it against any target past very short range.
I think he's saying it starts at 40ms.

And yeah, if they axed HA, the game would be so much better, you know how everyone thinks beta was better then launch, well how often did you run into HA in (open) beta?
Old 2004-01-17, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Liquidtide
It's not a nerf, just common sense, it just took this long for someone to figure it out.
You know why this "Common Sense" line of logic is wrong, because then we have to apply it to everything.

For example just in HA.

How is it that the MCG doesnt have attrocious cone of fire, considering its a big long heavy piece of metal with spining barrells that you fire unbraced while surging down a hallway. It never jams, it never overheats, it its weight with ammo must be atttrocious, yet the jackhammer is a "Common sense" issue, hello people its a sem automatic feed system, the number of barrels has no baring on that. But no people wanna go "sniffle they get more kills then us spork make it stop, i'm gonna completely ignore the fact that a reaver pilot will get more kills then a jackhammer guy any day, make it stop sporky make it stop."

Oh and before you ask, no i dont use HA.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-17, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
SkullOmania
Private

Delete HA? Agreed 100%, Gauss is all I ever need or want
Old 2004-01-17, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

But Gauss might be huring after rexo buff

Last edited by Biohazzard56; 2004-01-17 at 12:55 AM.
Old 2004-01-17, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

After the rexo buff I can't see anything but Thumper, Heavy Assault and maybe Sweeper cutting the mustard. 200 points of highly resistant armor that can be repaired in a few seconds by anyone with engineering? Wow.

If anything, it shifts the balance of power even more towards Heavy Assault.

I'm not entirely sure how the formulas work, but I think rexo should take damage as though it were a vehicle/MAX/armored unit. A Decimator would strip all their armor and 25 health, for example. Why should you get a tough armor shell with no drawback of susceptibility to anti-armor weapons? Just a thought though, I'm not convinced enough about my thinking on this to assert it.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-17, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

The feeding system of a jackhammer has an ammo feed choke point. It all come out of one box. Therefor while your fireing the second shot its reloading the first, third; second; and so on. So if you were to want to tripple burst it would have to fill all three chambers. So yes that is common sense dopplar. Btw jackhammers would jam like a motherfucker too.

This balance is completly warented.

BadAsh I was just pointing out that there is no way to prove those kills are based off of a gun/tank imbalance.
Old 2004-01-17, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Ooohh Gunslinger Girls is a nice anime. ^^

Oh as for the JH issue, it seems fine to me, "fixing" the bug, or upping the power on the other weapons is fine as long as it's balance.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion