Blue Force Tracker/ FBCB2/ Commander Tool - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why does Hamma hate me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-30, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Blue Force Tracker/ FBCB2/ Commander Tool

I do not know how command ranks will be done in PS2 but I do see many posts about how people wish there were more tools for commanders, like someone said they wish those control consoles in bases did something. Others say that there should be a position in some vehicles that is mainly for commanders where they have access to some kind of tool to help command and plan. Well the answer to that could very well be a system like the Blue Force Tracker or the FBCB2 system that is currently being used by american and joint forces today.

Links to pages explaining both systems:

Blue force tracker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Force_Tracking

FBCB2 (Force XXI Battle Command Brigade & Below)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_X...gade_and_Below

Now such devices in planetside, if possible, could show the position of all enemy tanks and other vehicles once discovered or if in range of radars. This would then put an image on the map for commanders of a certain rank able to use the function. By image I mean you would press M see your map and you would see instead of a hotspot the symbol for a tank for every tank that is there. Different colors for enemy and ally of course.

Another possibility would be the making of a recon tool that the average soldier could cert in. What this is would basically be a binocular/ camera. You would use it like a laze pointer snap pictures of enemy bases, out posts, dug in defenders, attacking forces. If it was outside your radar it would post it on the commanders map. Also since it is like a camera the commander could look at the still picture of the situation without being at the front line.

This system would also connect every commander who is able to use it. Like if you had to be CR3 to access the system then all CR3s can communicate through the system. For example through text, post things on the map like enemy locations, share still pictures of the enemy. Also coordinate attacks together without actually being in the same outfit or outfit alliance.

This is just a rough thought to get the brain storming going.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion