What weapon do you feel needs the most improvement aesthetically? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the team killing never stops.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-03, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Atheosim
Captain

Re: What weapon do you feel needs the most improvement aesthetically?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Cycling between two barrels, each compensating for the other in terms of recoil while allowing a higher rate of fire. That's at least what I thought the cycler was all about. High rate of fire with good recoil control.

^-- This is a cycler and it is awesome. Well done! It just looks like it shits bullets.

^--- This is not a cycler. This looks like an AR-15 with extra random plastic bits.

Two barrels is what sells it. PS2 cycler needs two barrels or it's just a pansy version of a Gauss rifle.
+1

Please give us two barrels!
Old 2012-04-03, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

I'd say Cycler needs a little rework.

But the weapon I really don't like is the NC AV weapon.
It just looks to me like a sheet of metal folded to which some handles have been added.
I know that fits the NC stuff, but meh... Not sexy.
Old 2012-04-03, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Eerie
Private

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
I'd say Cycler needs a little rework.

But the weapon I really don't like is the NC AV weapon.
It just looks to me like a sheet of metal folded to which some handles have been added.
I know that fits the NC stuff, but meh... Not sexy.
Dude, that thing is perfect for the NC. I really like their hobbled together look. HOWEVER, since everything is made with nanite templates..... err.. nevermind. I don't want to go down the "realism" plot hole route.
Old 2012-04-03, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Eerie View Post
Dude, that thing is perfect for the NC. I really like their hobbled together look. HOWEVER, since everything is made with nanite templates..... err.. nevermind. I don't want to go down the "realism" plot hole route.
I'm not asking for realism either, but for something less cheap looking.

I know it's supposed to be what the NC is, but something a bit more professionnal wouldn't hurt. I mean, they're not just rebels, they're also supposed to be mercenaries with money and weapons from corporations.
Too bad it has been pushed so much in the rebel looks, but not enough in the other way.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Cycling between two barrels, each compensating for the other in terms of recoil while allowing a higher rate of fire. That's at least what I thought the cycler was all about. High rate of fire with good recoil control.

^-- This is a cycler and it is awesome. Well done! It just looks like it shits bullets.

^--- This is not a cycler. This looks like an AR-15 with extra random plastic bits.

Two barrels is what sells it. PS2 cycler needs two barrels or it's just a pansy version of a Gauss rifle.
Please don't even compare that thing to my favorite rifle in RL. I love AR-15's as I do own a few and they look way better. That thing doesn't even compare.

Old 2012-04-03, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Oryon22
First Sergeant

The front end (gas block?) on the Cycler needs to be rethought.

Old 2012-04-03, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Oryon22 View Post
The front end (gas block?) on the Cycler needs to be rethought.
I agree, I would however say from the front site forward needs to be rethought. I think the picatinny rail on the bottom just looks like crap.

I would like to see the front end look more like the rifles below. I honestly believe imo it would look night and day better. Notice the "AFG" Angled Fore grip on the top rifle. That would fit perfectly onto that thing and still retain the badass look. You could modify it some to give it a more futuristic look.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-04-03 at 08:50 AM.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
bullet
First Sergeant

Assuming these are basic skins and assuming they'll have sexier models for sale in the cash shop, I don't think they need to redo every gun to make it look amazing otherwise theres no point to selling the skins.

Anyways, as for the current Cycler skin, I think its pretty bland but I hate how the pulsar looks. It seems like a big box with a handle that shoots lights. I would like a smaller and more streamlined skin.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Knocky
Major

Damnit TR....isn't it enough that you have the best looking armor?

Well....except for the goggles.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
Assuming these are basic skins and assuming they'll have sexier models for sale in the cash shop, I don't think they need to redo every gun to make it look amazing otherwise theres no point to selling the skins.

Anyways, as for the current Cycler skin, I think its pretty bland but I hate how the pulsar looks. It seems like a big box with a handle that shoots lights. I would like a smaller and more streamlined skin.
From what we have seen and heard from the videos. Your think that they are going to give the gun a full overhaul. When in reality it appears to be more of a camo job. TR might get lucky and get a updated skin of the old cycler. But in the mean time they could at least make the current one look a tad better.

Old 2012-04-03, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

I think the Cycler looks fine. Especially since it needs room for improvement via cash shop .. But why doesn't the damn thing have a flash suppressor at least?

Edit: I suppose I should add in that I like every revealed weapon so far. They all look badass IMO.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
From what we have seen and heard from the videos. Your think that they are going to give the gun a full overhaul. When in reality it appears to be more of a camo job. TR might get lucky and get a updated skin of the old cycler. But in the mean time they could at least make the current one look a tad better.
Granted at launch, there will probably be only camo patterns to buy.

I would bet though, that they would sell reskins of the weapons.

If you make it, someone will buy it.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
I think the Cycler looks fine. Especially since it needs room for improvement via cash shop .. But why doesn't the damn thing have a flash suppressor at least?
Flash suppressor was a side grade. However, you would at least think they would incorporate the look of one onto the gun.

Also, I mean look lets be honest here. Scale down the gas block some and do something about the rail on the bottom of the gun. Maybe extend it out to where the gas block is and you would probably more than likely have a pretty descent lookin weapon imo. g

Now I'm not gonna ever play TR. But I am going to have to look at it and I wouldn't mind looking at a descent looking weapon for the TR players.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-04-03 at 10:12 AM.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
bullet
First Sergeant

I know of atleast 2 versions of the pulsar atm. The one that was released first looked more like a graphically updated pulsar of PS1, which imo looked better than what was shown in VS weapons week. I think you can see the first skin of the pulsar in the first trailer from the side.

And unless I'm making stuff up, I thought I heard that they could have an option for "throw back" skins which would be old skins that are just all purty or skins that were seen through development.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Not a bad design in itself, but it lacks the intimidating look of a heavy-hitting NC sniper rifle.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion