BattleFrame Weapons Posted - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am your god! And I demand cheesy sacrifices!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-20, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Indecisive
Major General

Kinks like the need for the K.I.S.S. theory.
Old 2004-09-21, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Aye in our PM's about the match Firefly came up with an off-handed idea of having 20+ 'Mechs (yes, I call them 'Mech's now) slugging it out. *drool*.

And about the BFR's not being as difficult to pilot: of couse they won't, but you can set up the controls so that they pilot LIKE 'Mechs. I'm already starting that. Oh man these are gonna be SUHWEEEEET!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-09-22, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
oddfish
Colonel

i'm going to be honest, i think this is going to be a kick ass addition to PS. The weapons seem to be pretty balanced and good (though i liked the rocket pod idea ) and it seems that the concept is sound. But, i think that they need to implement Hayoo and my idea of the little Artillery/Machinegun/Anti-air temporary installations and semi-mobile installations just to open the playing field up a bit before they go apeshit with big robots. Having big robots dancing around bases and towers all the time is going to get frustrating. it'd be cool if they had a reason to take the fighting to the open field.

also, perhaps the necessary means of acquiring the BFR cert should be even harder. Like, perhaps you should have to be a certain BR and CR before you can acquire them? Not just having to do with Cavern building caps. i dunno. needs moar cowbell.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-09-22, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Indecisive
Major General

Critmass mentioned them being an advanced abilty of a MAX merit commindation.

Of course it wont be implemented like that, but he did mention it as an example.
Old 2004-09-22, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
oddfish
Colonel

i think they'll be cool to make the scale and scope of PlanetSide even larger and more exciting. now all they need to implement is the outpost idea and PS is perfect. IMHO

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-09-23, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Disconnecting
First Sergeant

Sorry but mech type games just dont appeal to me. If I wanted this whole mech assault type thing I would just watch any random anime **shudders**
Old 2004-09-23, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Just got done with the playtest featuring the BFRs. The colossus weapons are, in practice, a lot different than you might expect. The anti-air weapons fire very fast projectiles, not nearly as slow as the burster rounds normally are. Samhayne was kicking the shit out of aircraft with a dual "burster" BFR config. The anti-armor weapons also fire very fast projectiles which, although they do have a fire arc, are still pretty straight firing. The 30mm chaingun is also quite cool. The weird thing, though, is how fast it fires. It is the fast firing chaingun in the game. It fires as fast as the MCG, if not faster. I took a look in the trunk of one of the BFRs and saw that the chaingun ammo is currently a 4x3 box which holds 250 rounds. BFRs have a pretty large trunk, so I figure you could load up 5k or so chaingun rounds into it if you only had chaingun ammo. Even with that amount though, I can see how ammo might be a problem.

BFRs kick ass, and I'm thinking they're going to take over the vehicle scene. Mechside here we come.

Originally Posted by Disconnecting
Sorry but mech type games just dont appeal to me. If I wanted this whole mech assault type thing I would just watch any random anime **shudders**
These aren't like those sorts of mechs, except for the Vanu one. The peregrine and colossus are more like AT-ST's than they are anime mecha.

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-09-23 at 07:04 PM.
Old 2004-09-23, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Cauldron Borne
Captain

BattleTech > Mecha....

But I don't see BFRs getting too outta hand. For one I doubt they will make much of a difference in small groups in a zerg battle. For two even now that caves give EXP, they are too much of a pain in the ass for most people to navigate, so a lot of people will just say "screw it" for that reason. For three these things just SCREAM "shoot me" so they won't last long if they aren't co-ordinated.

So the way I see it is BFRs will energize an important aspect of this game: TEAMWORK, and at the same time give us some cool shit to play with...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion