PS1 Free Time - Are Planetside Reserves Vets ? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Take a shower. You smell.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-29, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: PS1 Free Time - Are Planetside Reserves Vets ?

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Reserves accounts (I.e. free accounts) are not eligible. We did not want legions of hackers getting in to ruin the vets fun. It's also worth noting that if you do get banned for hacking its an account wide ban to all games, including ps2, so no beta access.
Pwnt by Higby! love it Screw you hackers
Old 2012-06-29, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

^^^ Nice, burn! Don't hack, just don't do it ppl!
Old 2012-06-29, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MasterCalaelen
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Reserves accounts (I.e. free accounts) are not eligible. We did not want legions of hackers getting in to ruin the vets fun. It's also worth noting that if you do get banned for hacking its an account wide ban to all games, including ps2, so no beta access.
Severe punishment for people getting caught hacking, that's what I like to see!
Old 2012-06-29, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

That is hotsauce.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Deko
Private

Sad reservist is sad. Understandable, but still sad.

Last edited by Deko; 2012-06-29 at 10:44 AM.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
KaB
Corporal

Sounds like every Reserves players are considered like hackers. That's sad, because I spent some really good time on this game with friends only with a reserves account and without being a hacker. I never wanted anything bad for PS1, on the contrary, but as I've been a PS1 player it looks quite unfair that I receive these kind of replies.

I just felt right to bring every old players from PS1 to the last big day before the start of PS2. Especially because it went very well with the upcoming F2P model of PS2.

Last edited by KaB; 2012-06-29 at 10:59 AM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-29, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by KaB View Post
Sounds like every Reserves players are considered like hackers. That's sad, because I spent some really good time on this game with friends only with a reserves account and without being a hacker. I never wanted anything bad for PS1, on the contrary, but as I've been a PS1 player it looks quite unfair that I receive these kind of replies.

I just felt right to bring every old players from PS1 to the last big day before the start of PS2. Especially because it went very well with the upcoming F2P model of PS2.
We absolutely do not consider every reserve account to be hackers. However, hacking was extremely common when the reserve accounts were activated because they had no "skin in the game", as they say. Accounts that are paid, i.e. bought a box, paid a sub, are way less likely to be hacking (although some do, don't get me wrong) than ones that never paid a cent and could create new accounts for free once banned. I'm sorry that you can't join in on the events, although if you really want to, you could always purchase PlanetSide (I believe it's 15 or 20 dollars) and you'll get 30 days free time with that to play again for the 7/1 event. http://www.soe.com/getthegame/
Old 2012-06-29, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
KaB
Corporal

Yea I've been thinking about that option, the problem is that I'm not sure I'll be able to play a lot this month and I just wanted to meet everyone on July the 1st or a couple of days more to talk about the awesome upcoming opus of Planetside with vets and devs ! And also to have some fun

So this Free Time fitted prefectly with my expectations.

Anyway, I'll meet you later on the PS2 beta then ! Thanks for your replies Matt !
Old 2012-06-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
duomaxwl
Captain

We did not want legions of hackers getting in to ruin the vets fun. It's also worth noting that if you do get banned for hacking its an account wide ban to all games, including ps2, so no beta access.
You sir, are something special. Things like this are why I didn't TK you yesterday and take a screenshot.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Niemand
Private

So on one hand you are saying free accounts support hacking far too much for there to be any fun, yet you are making a free to play game. This is not a very good statement.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Niemand View Post
So on one hand you are saying free accounts support hacking far too much for there to be any fun, yet you are making a free to play game. This is not a very good statement.
On one hand there is PS1, which wasn't equipped to handle the hackers, and on the oher is PS2, which is being made after SOE has learned all of the painful lessons that hackers had to teach. Your concern is not without substance though, hacking could still be a big problem in PS2, the difference is that SOE is now prepared (or so they say) to deal with them where they werent able to before.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
MegaBusta
Private

I have a question.

I bought PS in 2005 boxed and used my 30 day trial using a throwaway visa/amex or something. Also made a reserves account in 06. Sadly, my parents at the time did not allow me to get a sub because of some reason I don't remember. They probably thought SOE would steal their cc info or something. I had the same problem playing SWG also.

Am I still considered a veteran even if I never paid for a month of the sub but did pay for the game itself?
Old 2012-06-29, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

Only way to be sure is log into Station.sony.com and check your account

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2012-06-29, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malchance
Private

Maybe someone can clear this up for me:

I bought PS1 back in 2004, when I was like 15. I liked it, but I didn't have a credit card of my own and my computer really couldn't run it. I honestly can't remember if I bought a month's subscription or not.

Now, 8 years later (and about 2 weeks ago), Planetside 2 is shown at E3, and I'm pumped because I finally have a computer than can play it. Then I hear that vets get early beta access. I bring up my SOE page, and it says this:

(Link if picture is too small)

So I go "Sweet, I actually have game time left!" And start playing. I've been playing for the past 2 weeks, and it's fun playing the orignal while waiting for the sequel.

However, then I hear that this 45-day pass I got was some kinda apology for a hacking incident, and now I'm hearing about this 'Reserves' program, which I know nothing about.

The long-and-short of my question is this: Do I qualify as a 'veteran', in terms of beta access? Or was I part of this 'reserves' thing? Can anyone help clarify this?

I've got a beta key as well that I was going to save for a friend, so I'm not worried about if I'm going to get into beta or not. It would just be nice to be in the first waves, is all...
Old 2012-06-29, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Flexy
Private

I played PS1 yesterday and the server had a few max pop places . How will this be affected with the July 1st event ? will you increase population.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion