New Expansion... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh! this is such a lame way to die! this is so NOT cool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-15, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Sounds interesting ... I was thinking about cancelling but this definitely makes me reconsider.
Old 2003-08-15, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ghost06
First Sergeant

I demand that they nerf struedel immediatly. It really makes pie look bad.

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-08-15, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
BigTexas
Corporal

Great, six new zones, now the server population will be spread so thin that its going to be hell finding a battle. Just what we need SOE, nice work.

Maybe they could find some way to combine all the server populations onto one large server, then they could pawn the old servers for some scratch.

SOE Representative: "8 gigabytes of Sun Certified memory on Black"
Oil Tycoon: "Boy howdy feller"
*Roulette wheel spins*
Guy running Roulette Table: "17 Red"
SOE Representative: *Exclamation in classic Jerry Lewis style*

Ahh, that would be sweet
Old 2003-08-15, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
X-113
Staff Sergeant

I wonder if they could use the whole "server cluster" concept Eve Online has done so well with. Maybe merge everything into 3 bigass servers? 1 huge server would suck for the people who play more than one empire.

Hopefully this thing will be pulled off well and most of PSes origional problems fixed by then.

Metaphysics is like searching for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there.

Theology is like searching for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting, "I got it!"
Old 2003-08-15, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

I remember talking with someone, and he specifically said they didn't have the technology to move peoples characters to other servers, if they did, don't you think they would have done it by now?

What's most disconcerting, is 90% of the people who are glad about this, are using blind faith, and hoping that *this* is the cure for PS.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-08-15, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Spider
General

Originally posted by Ghost06
I demand that they nerf struedel immediatly. It really makes pie look bad.
You need help Ghost. Stop posting your mindless dribble.
Old 2003-08-15, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
I remember talking with someone, and he specifically said they didn't have the technology to move peoples characters to other servers, if they did, don't you think they would have done it by now?

What's most disconcerting, is 90% of the people who are glad about this, are using blind faith, and hoping that *this* is the cure for PS.
Youre being mean. If I'm not in that 10% I'm not going to say your penis is big any more
Old 2003-08-15, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
EarlyDawn
Major General

Old 2003-08-15, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

5. Urban Style Combat - more info 10.9
Urban style combat. Not gonna be a city.

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

Old 2003-08-16, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
EarlyDawn
Major General

Head-to-Head Urban style combat in subterranean cities
May wanna read the whole page.
Old 2003-08-16, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'm not renewing my account it looks like. This is becomeing too much like what I've seen of evercrack. So many expansions, you're lucky to find another person. And whatever happened to tryingto avoid spamfests? Between the liberator, malestrom and radiator, this is gonna be nothing but spam by Christmas(we'll be lucky if medium assault is anything other than a prerequisite that noone uses by Thanksgiveing).

And why did SOE have to impliment the LLU is such a 1/4 assed way as they did? The least they could do is put in in all the bases so we can get the real feal of it.

If SOE keeps this up, I'm gonna have to get myself a real life!
Old 2003-08-16, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Eh it sounds interesting, I still enjoy the game for what it is. My question would be, are these underground battle areas going to be big enough for reevers, liberators, skeetz and galaxies (maybe lodestar too?) to fly in? Or are they going to be like tunnels and crap?

Another question I'd have is did diluted not get loved enough as a child or what, that is one angry guy.
Old 2003-08-16, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

Urban style combat sounds very interesting

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-08-16, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Here's a link to some more info:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/pl...s_6073522.html

According to this, it seems to be slated for an October release.

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
This fall? Umm no. Anybody who believes this is VERY gaulable. If there is an expantion before 2004 you guys can flame me for ever. I give you my word. MARK MY WORDS!

Somebody make this their sig or something so we'll all remember.
Can we start flaming you forever now?
Old 2003-08-16, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
teratravp
Corporal

mostly the people who actually still like the game will be around PSU so you'll disagree, but when I saw this news I had to comment:

ROFL.

Earliest announced expansion ever. Totally obscene. For god's sake people, surely you have more in your life, and if you don't get a life, that you can be baited by carrots by this bunch of losers like this. PS sucked rocks at launch, and at that point it was far beyond too late. They set the precedent right there for a core game that was seriously lacking in mature objectives, pretty ironic that their expansion uses the title "core". But the expansion won't be better, get a clue, it's just some tunnels and a few weapons, vehicles. It will still be a one month play and then totally and utterly pointless because the PS designers suck so infernally they don't know what goals are and have no idea what the word persistance means. If they invented a game in the real world it would involve bouncing a ball off a wall forever with no way to win, no way to gain, and not alot of variety.

Sure they pull ideas from the community and seem vaguely responsive to the ten billion threats a day, but let's face it, they suck at designing and any idea they do put it is done terribly and all sapped of anything that would have made it fun. I've given these guys the benefit of the doubt many times, and every time they've showed that they just don't have the stuff.

(And PS -- for the record I'll say I do think that the artists and programmers did very high class work on this project (although bugs are a problem still, the game does impress me on a technical level) but the game designers, producers, and management are in my opinion, terrible and made a stale grey cookie out of what could have been the sort of online treat legends are made of, oh and not to mention Sony customer service is a joke and often downright abusive, but to the artists and programmers if you happen to read this I do admire what you did with Planetside and hope you have a bright future in the industry.)

Last edited by teratravp; 2003-08-16 at 06:27 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion