BattleFrame Weapons Posted - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People Slaying U
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-16, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EarlyDawn
Major General

BattleFrame Weapons Posted

Pictures appear to be in queue for release. Does anyone else think the Colossus 100mms and Peregrine Rocket Pods got switched around? Somebody might wanna ask.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/g...pment&id=63497

NTU siphon certainly seems interesting, particularly with the ability to emit an EMP blast. Wonder if that's a shockwave or beam.
Old 2004-09-16, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

And the TR get screwed again. Same exact weapns as always and nothing new. NOTHNIG. THe NC and VS get cool stuff we get fucking common poool shit.
GAHHH
Old 2004-09-17, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

but of courese the NC one has like no description of its weaponary.
Old 2004-09-17, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Wolf Blitzer
Private

Odd that the Peregrine is the one to get the rocket pack, when I thought we'd even seen the Colossus on the test server firing the thing. A 75mm versus the AV-machine guns also seems like a case of empire flavor going the wrong way, and I *definitely* find it problematic that the NC are the only ones getting 2 non-arc gunner weapons. Hell, it sounds like every TR weapon except the heavy Burster is gonna have arcing fire, which screws your accuracy at range.
Old 2004-09-17, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wolf Blitzer
Private

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
Pictures appear to be in queue for release. Does anyone else think the Colossus 100mms and Peregrine Rocket Pods got switched around? Somebody might wanna ask.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/g...pment&id=63497

NTU siphon certainly seems interesting, particularly with the ability to emit an EMP blast. Wonder if that's a shockwave or beam.
I did see the Colossus on test with the double guns, which I would assume are the 100mm, now called 105mm. But we also saw the Colossus with the rocket pods, and the screenshots have all had them. Meanwhile, I didn't get to see any of the heavy weapons for the Peregrine, though I knew a particle cannon was one of them. Possibilities are either Spork got them mixed up, or they switched them. Definitely should be asked.
Old 2004-09-17, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrPaul
Major

Originally Posted by Duffman
And the TR get screwed again. Same exact weapns as always and nothing new. NOTHNIG. THe NC and VS get cool stuff we get fucking common poool shit.
GAHHH
QFT

What do we get that's new? A Mortar. Great. So we have to sit half an island away from the fight just to be able to hit anything? (I doubt it, but still... a mortar...??) And to trump that the VS get a plasma mortar, so we get the old stuff again. *sigh*
Old 2004-09-17, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Wolf Blitzer
But we also saw the Colossus with the rocket pods, and the screenshots have all had them.
After the mobilization alpha thing I read some people saying that the rocket pods were axed from the colossus design. Which is probably why they aren't mentioned in the BFR weapons article for the TR. I guess they gave it to the NC instead.

Throwing in another "TR gets screwed" for good measure. Disappointing that we won't have any new weaponry. Also not good that we will have no zero fire arc weapons apart from the 30mm. The colossus will probably be a very easy kill for enemy BFRs given its slow speed, large size, and their ability to fire totally straight firing weapons from a long distance at it. However, I will say that from what I recall, the tank defense cannon actually has a pretty slight arc of fire. I really thought that the thing was a totally straight firing weapon before I read this article. So maybe there's hope yet.

Also, I find it amusing that these things will have MAX AA weapons. It seems their intent is to balance air power by piling on the AA until there's no realistic way to survive as a pilot. I bet an aphelion with dual starfire guns will rack up the aircraft kills.

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-09-17 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2004-09-17, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

everybody relax. they aren't even on the test server yet. there's no need to go all OF on 'em yet
Old 2004-09-17, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Duffman
GAHHH

The NC say they're screwed because they have a walking cardboard box, the TR say they're screwed because their weaponary sounds the same as other weapons and I'm sure the VS will find something to moan about

It's pathetic tbh.
Old 2004-09-17, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Disconnecting
First Sergeant

lame and I thought cr5s were bad for team freindly play.
Old 2004-09-17, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Disconnecting
lame and I thought cr5s were bad for team freindly play.
Air Cav set the stage for one-man asskicker vehicles which detract from teamplay. The developers are just follow suit. However, it does look like the strongest weapons will be found on the gunner spots, so a BFR without a gunner will not be as strong as one with a gunner, probably by a large margin.
Old 2004-09-17, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I dunno, I think BFRs are going to draw a LOT of fire and combining that with the requirements and restrictions I don't think they're going to be that bad on the overall balance of the game.
Old 2004-09-17, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
kcirreda
Corporal

NC get a AV MG 4 piliot?! And TR get a pimped lightning gun? atleast its pimped... VS sound evened out so far, no buff or a nerf needed
Old 2004-09-17, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

BFRs are ownage magnets and I dont have any reason to believe they are going to cause any real trouble on the battlefield. I figure they will do about like a tank does currently, but get totally pwned 10x faster
Old 2004-09-17, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
BFRs are ownage magnets and I dont have any reason to believe they are going to cause any real trouble on the battlefield. I figure they will do about like a tank does currently, but get totally pwned 10x faster
They'll be about 10x as common as tanks, so it should even out quite nicely.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion