Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is keeping me from getting laid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-22, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Adenn
Private

Misc Info
Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
The SAW Carv and orion are pretty much balanced, if you want to poke the nest on rifle (infact any balance... vulcan, fracture, striker, lock down burster) balance you should look closer to home.
As always a well thought out non biased post by you Chief

Not even going to bother anymore with you.

Last edited by Adenn; 2013-07-22 at 12:09 PM.
Old 2013-07-22, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
>NC6 SAW
>Bad

Well, I must be getting tons of server lag then, judging by how often I've died to them in a straight-up LMG fight.

As someone on the forum pointed out ages ago, you gotta consider the recoil bloom per second, which your RoF factors into.

Nevertheless I'll accept that the GD-22s is the better gun.
As a VS going LMG vs LMG using Orion or even the NS 15M - against NC the SAW is my bane - TR its very close Rhino and then the TMG.

I don't see the GD-22s very often. IMO it's under utilized. When playing my NC, I usually run with it over the SAW.

Old 2013-07-22, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
As a VS going LMG vs LMG using Orion or even the NS 15M - against NC the SAW is my bane - TR its very close Rhino and then the TMG.

I don't see the GD-22s very often. IMO it's under utilized. When playing my NC, I usually run with it over the SAW.
Well, the VS standard LMG is a pretty big effing deal.

I was standing on top of the building on Haven Outpost. A VS heavy comes out of the spawn. But that's okay, I have my T5 AMC fully certed into for longrange battles, I should be good. I start landing shots on him. He stands on the bridge, uncertain. Then he turns around and wrecks my ass in one second flat. No attachments, no nothing. He probably didn't even Burstfire. What the hell is up with that.
Old 2013-07-22, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

I hear yah. I've had a buttload of those moments. A few last night. The worst, I was firing into a NC HA back with my NS-15M, full certed, with soft point Ammo at maybe 3m. Unloaded a full clip in him on my end. I had shields up and waited for the kill notfiication to pop as I started reloading. Nope. He turns around with his Saw and kills me with 2 shots.

I just chalk it up to netcode and my connection. Nothing else to do but shrug it off and move on but its frustrating none the less.

Old 2013-07-22, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Uhu... so it having a high recoil and low dps doesn't mean much? You should try using the SAW for a while and see how good it is, I got about halfway to the auraxium and then tried other guns.. I've never looked back.

At the longer ranges the SAW can work but its a weird gun cos the recoil is so high you can hold down the button at close range meaning you end up with a even lower rpm and as such general dps while your opponent will often be able to hold the button and spray you to death. At long ranges the recoil is so high you literally have to shoot 1 bullet so you may as well use a sniper and do real damage with that 1 shot.

The only way I can see the SAW being good is if you can get head shots with every bullet, but honestly if you could do that you'd most likely be using a shotgun for 1 hit kills instead and snipers for longer range for the 1 hit kill.

Basically the SAW is a good thats average so other guns just do the job better. Do people really call it OP? I honestly would love to hear how the hell this gun is OP, as has been said CQC is where the fighting takes place most of the time and the SAW is purely a long range gun, up close any of the other LMGs NC has is better.

I'm honestly starting to think TR and VS have decided they are going to whine and complain till the NC has nothing useful left. And they are getting close, NC MAX is useless, NC has some of the worst LMGs, they are trying to get the vanguard nerfed as it can actually kill a prowler or mag sometimes and my god that shouldn't happen! VS and TR players should have a 90% chance to beat NC it shouldn't rely on something as trivial as skill!
I still can't believe how anyone thinks the SAW is bad. Is it the gun to be all and end all? No, but it definitely has it place and to say otherwise is 'madness'! Med-Long I can stand up to if not beat other players with the SAW. Even in CQC it's not a bad gun although it noticabley begins to underperform compared to others. So long as you get the jump on someone chances are you'll win with your 5 shot TTK.

Now I understand you hatred towards the vanu and TR, they are rather skilled in the ways of Forumside. However it's not like we don't have our niche in game, play to your strengths. Problem solved. There will come a day when the NC spotlight shall return. Likely after the flamethrowers make their sales hah.
Old 2013-07-22, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
I still can't believe how anyone thinks the SAW is bad. Is it the gun to be all and end all? No, but it definitely has it place and to say otherwise is 'madness'! Med-Long I can stand up to if not beat other players with the SAW. Even in CQC it's not a bad gun although it noticabley begins to underperform compared to others. So long as you get the jump on someone chances are you'll win with your 5 shot TTK.

Now I understand you hatred towards the vanu and TR, they are rather skilled in the ways of Forumside. However it's not like we don't have our niche in game, play to your strengths. Problem solved. There will come a day when the NC spotlight shall return. Likely after the flamethrowers make their sales hah.
I admit the SAW is good at long to med range, I set mine up to be a sniper gun but the recoil and low rof means its just not as good as any other LMG in CQC. I've tried playing the TR and VS heavy and their guns I find infinitely easier to use and get a lot more kills with. The orion cos it has no bullet drop and is fast as hell with great hip fire accuracy, the TR carv just because its like the SAW but with better hip fire and more dps.

The carv is pretty much the SAW but for close range combat cos its not got the range but it does more damage.

And as was said this game is all about CQC, if I want to snipe generally I'll use a phoenix or switch to a infiltrator. As I said I kitted out the SAW for long range battle but I barely ever use it cos of those reasons I just gave and cos the recoil makes it almost impossible to use, iv got all the certs to reduce the recoil but at long range you literally need to fire 1 shot bursts cos otherwise you wont hit anything with it. If you're doing that you may as well use a sniper rifle.

And yes the VS and TR are skilled in the art of forumside, get so annoyed cos its obvious they are either just lying through their teeth or have never played a NC heavy with the SAW, cos everybody who has and has tried the VS and TR starter LMG will tell you those guns are better at close range (even mid I'd say I prefer the orion at least). You cannot hip fire the SAW the orion even without the laser sight works, when you get that you dont need to use ADS ever again cos its so accurate. Combine that with its speed lack of bullet drop and almost no recoil and you have a terrifying gun.

The most annoying thing is they quote stats from that planetsid2stats website and act as if that means something despite those stats including all data from the entire history of the game thus being completely irrelevant. I just wish they would TRY to help make the game balance instead of instead keeping up with this inside joke they seem to have to make the NC the most underpowered thing in the history of gaming, the SAW is a joke our MAX is a joke and they are trying damn hard to get the vanguard nerfed so its a joke as well. god knows what they will do next, perhaps claim all NC players have 1000 health more than other factions so all NC players should have that 1000 health removed to make it fair.
Old 2013-07-22, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I'm still confused about what you're trying to debate. Someone did the numbers in a thread about all the factions starter LMG's and the DPS (which doesn't mean jack) came out equal. It's no secret that the Vanu LMG is the best starting LMG with the carv a good all around LMG.

The difference between the SAW and the other starters is that it's for specializing. The thing's min damage is other factions Max damage. That aside I don't mean to hijack Adenn's thread.

As far as TR LMG's go I've always liked the TMG50 for the damage. I like the slower firing weapons over high ROF weapons with some crazy recoil.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion