TR Wins Planetside 1 - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Giving is better than receiving, especially with grenades.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-08, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Pella
Captain

Re: TR Wins Planetside 1

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Anyone notice the silence of AT? They know they embarrassed themselves.

I wouldn't go that far. VS as whole relied heavily on AT to much.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Tergeron
Private

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
I wouldn't go that far. VS as whole relied heavily on AT to much.
Well, in our defense it's hard not to since they hoover up every VS member and apparently tell them to just zerg.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Tergeron View Post
Well, in our defense it's hard not to since they hoover up every VS member and apparently tell them to just zerg.
I seen plenty of "Smaller" VS outfits. They just wasn't effective and choose to hug AT.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jamini View Post
Understand, this happened about ten minutes before the crash. At that time, the PG/NCSF platoon was already binding at our tech plant and rolling a pretty nasty armor collumn. I doubt you guys would have held it too long had almost the entire NC pop not gotten booted by the server crash.
I'm sorry but you wouldn't have got it, at least 80% of the TR had landed there.. The only reason you guys managed to get Atar was because we were fending off NC on two fronts and VS on another.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by CFFluddyBunny View Post
I can't speak for TR but NC DID spawn in bases and ran to WG to do the honourable thing.
So I don't know which empire got to be summoned first but the VS was the last to get in and did not get all the way in until after the event started. It's great that you had the time to do the "honorable" thing and run to a WG but he VS did not have that luxory.

I was spawned onto a air pad with a ton a VS and a few TR. It was already past the time when the event was supposed to start and Brewko annouced that it would start in a few minutes so I stuck around as did everyone else with any sense. Most people stuck around on the air pad that they were summoned to and just before it started there was a ASS-HAT VS that OS'd everyone on the air pad so most of them had to wait for a spawn ponit anyway (fuck that guy BTW).

The accusations of cheating are pretty ridiculous considering that the VS that were summoned to Atar right before the event started had no choice to be summoned there and right before the event, and very few dared to move from where they were spawned before the event started anyway, and they got OS'd anyway.

I will agree that the VS fucked up and for some reason let the tech plant go in favor of trying to get a bio lab. Anyone complaining about cheating needs to get over it because nobody in their right mind would get spawned into a base when the event was starting and take the time to run to a WG and then run back to the base. It's fine that the TR and NC got pissed and double teamed us and we got our asses handed to us, just don't call us cheaters because of shit that was out of our control. Also keep in mind that your "honorable" trek back to the WTG happened about an hour before any VS were summoned to Atar.

Once again I will say that this was indeed a fun event (for me at least, thanks again to Brewko) even though we got PWNED. Good to see the real Oshur again and had a great time killing and getting killed. Save all your hate for eachother for PS2

**edit**
I still have until next month on my sub--Wish they would replace the battle islands with the right Oshur

Last edited by SixShooter; 2012-07-08 at 03:51 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
PilotJack
Private

Old 2012-07-08, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
I'm sorry but you wouldn't have got it, at least 80% of the TR had landed there.. The only reason you guys managed to get Atar was because we were fending off NC on two fronts and VS on another.
When the crash happened we had armour at the gates of Izha and I had just placed an ams at S gate and was busy laying CE .....

I think we'd have won, especially since we didn't need to take any more bases, just secure the ones we already had and we were well into a rapid response into the groove throughout the event.

I know tigersmith has an opinion .. but we were in a winning position even if the event hadn't ended prematurely.
Old 2012-07-08, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Wings
Private

Can I just point out TR cheated there way into the gen room at atar with a buggy router pad. I can understand using it ingame but while an event was running, now that's low.

We all know the VS got well and truely fucked over. They did everything right getting a tech plant and the dropshipcenter. Are fall was that we lost zal. Then we got gangbanged by two empires which seemed to have a ceasefire in place. Why didnt nc back hack tr or vice versa? While they fought at atar? I'll tell u y, because they no we was the threat even with our shitty lasher. If nc would of back hacked they would of won this event.

Lastly AT are shit and I hope they aren't in PS2. They can't organise shit, everyone is laughing at them when there lining up to do a max crash. They can't even do that right. I seem them all stuck at a door cause they didn't have a reck, FAIL. Also please tell me y they ran from atar to zal, another fail. Just because they have more member Dosent mean they are tactically better.

O and wtf have we got CR5 ordering the zerg to drain a base on old oshur, DEXTRIX, u fucking noob
Old 2012-07-08, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
igster
Sergeant

Talking Re: TR Wins Planetside 1

Just needed a magrider crew on old oshur....

You'd never have gotten our tech plant then. NC and TR double teaming (as usual) Just means more Prowlers and Vanguards to splatter!

Old 2012-07-08, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

Originally Posted by CFFluddyBunny View Post
Congratulations to TR. !

Anyone who complains when TR wins needs to watch the video that Jeff did of the TR in sanc for the parade. THAT is organisation.

Regardless of the underhand tactics used by VS at the start of the event and the crash and all the rest it was still great fun and a good way to say goodbye to old Oshur.
Here it is then in case you didn't see it, was a hell of alot of fun

Old 2012-07-08, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Mirabeau
Private

all the tears only make my erection stronger!

Last edited by Mirabeau; 2012-07-08 at 05:38 AM.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Ant001
Corporal

Grats to TR.
VS lost because we had a bad command structure(CR5 chat was ridiculous) and no tactics whatsoever.
We moved when we should have consolidated and were far to slow to react when the situation arose.

We let ourselves get caught in the middle and of course TR and NC went for the kill knowing they had to get rid of one other faction. We would have done the same. Tactically it was the right thing to do.

No plan but follow the Zerg = FAIL badly.

Stop winging and learn.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Amdrauder
Private

You all got outplayed, VS using 3 gals to spam drop a tower instead of either rash/mith who had 3-4 in the CC, nc hammering into atar instead of pushing dahaka, our fronts was so stretched when we had 2 red alerts an orange and a yellow, we couldn't of kept the defense up for long, but you lot decide to go balls deep for a dropship centre, was a lot of fun but all these excuses are just quite pathetic.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
cryosin
Master Sergeant

NC and TR had VS in their sights before the fight even started. Then when we got to our last base there was literally a cease-fire between the two.

How embarrassing, we couldn't hold off 2v1.
Old 2012-07-08, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Odomas
Private

All these complaints about being double teamed....

There are 3 factions in this game for a reason.
Every player who has ever played Planetside will have been double teamed by the opposing factions at some point or other. Funny how everyone thinks it's their faction that gets it the worst...
It's part of the game, it's what keeps things interesting and challenging.

If you don't like it, go get excited about http://n4g.com/news/877457/my-little...-and-tolerence and leave the rest of us to continue gangbanging each other to hell and back.

Oh and for those VS saying NC and TR were exclusively picking off VS and ignoring it's other... that's crap. NC support was constantly heading north to recover bases that TR had hit, regularly severing our Tech link (good tactical play).

I was involved in a few attempts to take the tower to the north of the only VS base left from the hands of the TR to no avail and defended our AMS's against their aircav and GG's repeatedly. Get your facts right before throwing out dumb accusations you can't back up.

Congrats to TR on their win. It might have been different had the crash not interfered but to be fair they were playing tactically very well while us NC were being too reactive IMHO.

Thanks to Brewko for organising, it couldn't have been easy and it's harsh pinning any blame on him when he's trying to organise over 500 players on his own. Hell, anyone who's a leader in an Outfit knows how hard it is just trying to get a squad or platoon to do what you tell them to!

Cracking event, roll on Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion