Does anyone have any Scythe gameplay footage? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-18, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Does anyone have any Scythe gameplay footage?

Before the white knights come pouring in screaming "NDA!!!!", I'm not asking for any footage from the technical test or closed beta or what have you. I'm just asking for all the footage and gameplay videos we've been given over the past months, is there any footage that includes the Scythe?

I've seen very few glimpses of the Scythe in action. There were a few people in TB's video who piloted the Scythe, the abruptly crashed into a mountain or the ground. Very underwhelming to say the least.

But yeah, as the title says, anyone have any Scythe gameplay out there? I've really been itching to see how this thing performs, I'm anticipating using it throughout the majority of my time in PS2. Farming infantry from the skies in my comfy air conditioned Scythe seems like my cup of tea.

Also, anyone who was at the public SOE event or even E3 that got a chance to fly the Scythe can put in their two cents at how it handled. Thanks!

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-18, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Synapse
First Sergeant

Re: Does anyone have any Scythe gameplay footage?

NDA!!!!

In all seriousness the only real Scythe footage you'll get is the TB day 2 e3 stream. There just isnt footage beyond that. I played a fair bit of it during community day and for someone new to it, "flip over and crash" describes the experience perfectly. Its going to take some training to get used to.

The scythe basically has double the controls that other planes have, since it has the left-right turning ability with the keys. It's everything the other planes have plus an extra layer of turning on top of that.

What makes it so hard is controlling both systems in harmony, simultaneously, because you need to use both in order to fly effectively.

Last edited by Synapse; 2012-07-18 at 02:11 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
JoeDragon
Sergeant

From the footage TB released it seemed like the VS we're the most popular faction choice. I was really expecting some other Game sites to have plenty of footage. So far nothing yet.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
shadowsfm
Private

i'd like to know more about scythe versus other jets controls. am i right that with the mosquito you role to the side and pull up to turn?
Old 2012-07-18, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Momember
Corporal

There is some good Scythe footage in this video from TotalBiscut

@31:48

Last edited by Momember; 2012-07-18 at 02:37 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I also haven't found any footage yet.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Momember
Corporal

Originally Posted by shadowsfm View Post
i'd like to know more about scythe versus other jets controls. am i right that with the mosquito you role to the side and pull up to turn?
The Scythe is the most maneuverable of the 3 factions fighters. UFO has been used to describe what it's flight mechanics are like the Mossie is the fastest I believe while the Reaver has the most survivability but is less maneuverable.

Weapons wise all can be fitted to be Air to Air, Air to ground or an anti tank fighter. As with all VS weapons systems it does not suffer to ballistic physics but its projectiles lose potency over range.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
retrix
Private

TB released this video a few months back in an early alpha play test. Skip to 4:00.

He is flying/shooting in a Scythe for a good 5 minutes with plenty of commentary.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion