Medic Utility Idea (video) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we get a head count?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-03-24, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Medic Utility Idea (video)


What are your thoughts on something like this? The key is that it would be slow...


Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator
 
ChipMHazard's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


So they would basicly work like the medic bags from the BF series. I agree with your limitations and restrictions i.e. that it heals everyone within its area and that having more only increases the radius of the healing ticks.
I agree that it wouldn't detract from the other healing tools, except perhaps freeing up the utility slot for players who normally equip Restoration Kits.
Initially I thought about this and the Bio Lab bonus working together, but since that's going to change in the future it's probably not a problem.
I'm still undecided as to whether or not I think this is something that would have a place, just like the actual triage cert itself, I do agree with wanting to make the triage cert worthwhile.

I wouldn't mind testing it out and seeing just what effect it would have on battles, probably nothing besides allowing players to heal up between fights without there having to be a medic nearby.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-24 at 09:48 AM.
ChipMHazard is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


I could see this being useful, especially in small groups, or around a capture point. Like a healing mix of Scout Tool and Ammo Box.
EvilNinjadude is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Micro
Sergeant Major
 
Micro's Avatar
 


I am all for this!
Micro is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant
 
Carbon Copied's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


I see where the idea is going but as a dedicated medic/support player would I cert into it: probably not.

Triage in it's current state is for lack of a better word a useless and voided cert line for reasons that have probably been seen before in other threads.

Thinking about the situations I regularly find myself in as a medic I'm always on the front line picking people up or aoe healing. If I'm supporting a base push I'm there on the capture point with other players and I don't see the benefit of having an ammo pack style med kit when I'm equipped to the eyeballs with the medic gun, aoe heal (that probably heals more per tick) and a healing/revive grenade. If I'm supporting the push then I can aoe while the flip happens - there's no reason for me to be drop a pack and move elsewhere since I'll be moving to the next objective with the friendly forces.

The only people I can see this benefiting is the solo medics and even then I don't think it'd be used regularly as its faster and likely more productive to aoe heal.

Like I say I see where its going and the quick implementation solution and agree C4 is not on my list of medic acquisitions but I'm not sure this is the answer. I think the utility on the medic should be the option to carry additional grenades in the style of the suit mod however only compatible with the healing and revive flavors.
Carbon Copied is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
So they would basicly work like the medic bags from the BF series. I agree with your limitations and restrictions i.e. that it heals everyone within its area and that having more only increases the radius of the healing ticks.
I agree that it wouldn't detract from the other healing tools, except perhaps freeing up the utility slot for players who normally equip Restoration Kits.
Initially I thought about this and the Bio Lab bonus working together, but since that's going to change in the future it's probably not a problem.
I'm still undecided as to whether or not I think this is something that would have a place, just like the actual triage cert itself, I do agree with wanting to make the triage cert worthwhile.

I wouldn't mind testing it out and seeing just what effect it would have on battles, probably nothing besides allowing players to heal up between fights without there having to be a medic nearby.
Two things: 1. Medics use restoration kits? Weird!
2. This is only for the medic utility slot, not for anyone else.
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
I could see this being useful, especially in small groups, or around a capture point. Like a healing mix of Scout Tool and Ammo Box.
Yeah basically - that reminds me, I hope they get the recon detect device to grant xp somehow.
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Micro View Post
I am all for this!
Thanks! I hope SOE considers this. Their schedule is flooded as it is though.
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
I see where the idea is going but as a dedicated medic/support player would I cert into it: probably not.

Triage in it's current state is for lack of a better word a useless and voided cert line for reasons that have probably been seen before in other threads.

Thinking about the situations I regularly find myself in as a medic I'm always on the front line picking people up or aoe healing. If I'm supporting a base push I'm there on the capture point with other players and I don't see the benefit of having an ammo pack style med kit when I'm equipped to the eyeballs with the medic gun, aoe heal (that probably heals more per tick) and a healing/revive grenade. If I'm supporting the push then I can aoe while the flip happens - there's no reason for me to be drop a pack and move elsewhere since I'll be moving to the next objective with the friendly forces.

The only people I can see this benefiting is the solo medics and even then I don't think it'd be used regularly as its faster and likely more productive to aoe heal.

Like I say I see where its going and the quick implementation solution and agree C4 is not on my list of medic acquisitions but I'm not sure this is the answer. I think the utility on the medic should be the option to carry additional grenades in the style of the suit mod however only compatible with the healing and revive flavors.
It offers another type of play though in a sense - those that can drop their pack and not be married to their squadmates for short periods, in case they want to fight.

Additional grenades: eh how many though? You can already carry quite a few with the belt option. Are we talking 6+?
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator
 
ChipMHazard's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
Two things: 1. Medics use restoration kits? Weird!
2. This is only for the medic utility slot, not for anyone else.
I know. What I meant was that other players, playing other classes, would be able to make use of the deployed medical bags instead of having to rely on healing themselves with kits when there are no medics around. [Seeing as you would also be able to make use of the enemy's medical bags]
In the same way that relying on ammo boxes means that you don't have to rely on the Ammunition Belt as much. Just a thought on what kind of impact it might have.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-24 at 05:22 PM.
ChipMHazard is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant
 
Carbon Copied's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Jaybonaut View Post
It offers another type of play though in a sense - those that can drop their pack and not be married to their squadmates for short periods, in case they want to fight.

Additional grenades: eh how many though? You can already carry quite a few with the belt option. Are we talking 6+?
I see where you're coming from (in the way an ammo pack is put at a choke point to resupply through door ways etc.?) I just don't think that another aoe system is the answer outside what is already on the table.
With the belt option you can carry a total of 3 at the expense of nanoweave/shield capacitor/flak armor and I don't think that's a viable sacrifice (some might argue otherwise over choice) for the dedicated medic - I'd say that game play decision and rule definitely applies to the explosive types limiting the potential grenade spam from every character if each had more than one as standard spawn - I think that the non-explosive/lethal grenades should be where you can cert them as utility held options, so 200 for +1 extra and 500 for the +2 (revive/heal/emp etc.) the numbers don't have to be excessive they just channel your character to be more specialized rather than having the explosives as some token gesture tagged on the end.

Then again give me back symbiotic healing, nanite burst and/or Aegis shielding as utility or otherwise and I'll dump the nanoweave in favor of the grenade belt immediately..
Carbon Copied is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
I know. What I meant was that other players, playing other classes, would be able to make use of the deployed medical bags instead of having to rely on healing themselves with kits when there are no medics around. [Seeing as you would also be able to make use of the enemy's medical bags]
In the same way that relying on ammo boxes means that you don't have to rely on the Ammunition Belt as much. Just a thought on what kind of impact it might have.
Ah - yeah definitely.
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-24, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
I see where you're coming from (in the way an ammo pack is put at a choke point to resupply through door ways etc.?) I just don't think that another aoe system is the answer outside what is already on the table.
With the belt option you can carry a total of 3 at the expense of nanoweave/shield capacitor/flak armor and I don't think that's a viable sacrifice (some might argue otherwise over choice) for the dedicated medic - I'd say that game play decision and rule definitely applies to the explosive types limiting the potential grenade spam from every character if each had more than one as standard spawn - I think that the non-explosive/lethal grenades should be where you can cert them as utility held options, so 200 for +1 extra and 500 for the +2 (revive/heal/emp etc.) the numbers don't have to be excessive they just channel your character to be more specialized rather than having the explosives as some token gesture tagged on the end.

Then again give me back symbiotic healing, nanite burst and/or Aegis shielding as utility or otherwise and I'll dump the nanoweave in favor of the grenade belt immediately..
Yeah I see what you mean - I suppose they have the numbers to run that show/prove balance effects.

...although if that's the case, I seriously question the viability of Adrenaline Pump for Light Assault - the change is so subtle and it takes the place of all those things you mentioned too.
Jaybonaut is offline  
Old 2013-03-25, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rothnang
Major
 
Rothnang's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


I think this is a really solid and well thought out idea.

2.8% per second means roughly 30 seconds to heal a person that's pretty badly hurt but not dead.
Rothnang is offline  
Old 2013-03-25, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant
 
Jaybonaut's Avatar
 
Re: Medic Utility Idea (video)


Originally Posted by Rothnang View Post
I think this is a really solid and well thought out idea.

2.8% per second means roughly 30 seconds to heal a person that's pretty badly hurt but not dead.
Yeah that's not bad at all, and that's only if you max it out.
Jaybonaut is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.