I finally understand infiltrators! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drinking your chocolate milk since 2003!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-13, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

the vs knife sucks because its the only 1 in its secondary mode that reall gives away your position because its like your lil 2 battery flashlight. the nc knife is pretty good in 2ndary cuase its the only 1 that could be blanked out if next to a runing vehicle. the tr knife is the monkey in the middle. its just loud and cant blend in with other sounds....

i almos couldv looted a knife somhow......it was laying right next to the coffin thing.....but i kept getting "loot this coarsp" message thing.....

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-07-13, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

Teh infiltrator r0x0rz! You can do so much as a spy (inf) like get a look at an enemy base for OS, medic some d00ds, go anti-MAX with boomers, or hack towers and bases easily.

List of Inf Jobs
------------------

Information Gatherer (Forward recon, targeting for OS)
Hacker (Obvious)
Medic (it's great when you aren't seen)
Knifer (Obvious)
Saboteur (Sets up boomers near enemy vehicle pad, then wait for enemy to get a Prowler or Magrider or Vanguard, then BOOM and bye bye infantry that are in line and near-by tanks)

Tossing nades at TR anchored MAXes are my favorite way of taunting the TR....specially when they turn around and I detonate 2 boomers and toss another nade.

Old 2003-07-13, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
MuadDib
Staff Sergeant

A little tip for all you infiltrators out there. When you spawn or load a continent take a few second to pull out your knife and put it in secondary mode. Put it away. Now the next time you pull it out you won't have to waste time switching it to secondary mode! This awsome tip has saved my ass lots of time that flicking it on would have had me dead.
Old 2003-07-13, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by BUGGER33
the vs knife sucks because its the only 1 in its secondary mode that reall gives away your position because its like your lil 2 battery flashlight. the nc knife is pretty good in 2ndary cuase its the only 1 that could be blanked out if next to a runing vehicle. the tr knife is the monkey in the middle. its just loud and cant blend in with other sounds....
Wrong. When You're pulling out your knife, the nme shouldn't know you're there yet. You use this to get behind them and THEN you use secondary on the VS knife. This means they have NO IDEA you're there and you're doing maximum damage compltelyey surprising them. By the time htey figure out you're hitting them, and they have the chacne to see your knife, they're dead. The otehrs instantly alert anyoen near to start lookign for an infil.

Old 2003-07-13, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Setari
General

It's funny tho...i see vs infil try to sneak up behind my tr buddies who i happen to be lookin towards...And the infil has the knife on secodary..this seems stupid bbecause (i doubt most ppl do this btw) the infil had the knife on secodary the whole time....he didnt just flick it on,kill and turn it off...he sat there with it on secondary...anyways i killed him quick... just a warning tho most smart infils already know this ... :P
Old 2003-07-14, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

that would be a n00b infil.

Old 2003-07-14, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

a very n00b infiltrator....

Old 2003-07-14, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Karak
Private

i think he meant dont get it out till you absolutly have to..as in sneak upbehind them, then whip out the knife not walk up to thjem holding it
Old 2003-07-14, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

I'd laugh if he tried to knife a MAX after walking up to it in secondary mode.

Old 2003-07-14, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Way too many n00b stealthers run around with there tools out. I don't pull anything unless im gonna use it. I actually like the VS knife the way it is. The fact that it glows and the fact that the beamer blows. reinforces my belief than being a VS infil takes the most skills. But thats just my opinion.

But i really think the infil needs its own tool. Much like the CUD but does ninja stuff. Maybe a jump booster allow the user to jump say, tower height. Or maybe a limited range teleporter say the radius of a motion sensor. I've heard grappling hook tossed around. Maybe for an additional 2 or 3 points and infil can upgrade his suit to include an additional holster. Only the holster is really small say, 4 squares. only big enough for a nade.
Old 2003-07-14, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Cease
First Sergeant

We gotta Adv Hack/ Adv Medic/Combat Engineer Inf in our outfit. I can't even begin to tell you how versatile and important he is to our operations. Every outfit needs a few of 'em.
Old 2003-07-14, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kikinchikin

yeah he is (onetoomany right?)

newho why hasnt neone said nething about grenades? When i use infil, thats all i use. Load up on 6 plasma grenades and an REK. when i run outta grenades its time to use the knife. when i get infil back tho, ill use the ACE.
Old 2003-07-14, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Cease
We gotta Adv Hack/ Adv Medic/Combat Engineer Inf in our outfit. I can't even begin to tell you how versatile and important he is to our operations. Every outfit needs a few of 'em.
I wouldn't ever do something liek this, becasue i like to have a loadout that i can utalize as many of my certs as possible at one time. I don't ever want to be caught in my CE loadout when everyone needs a medic and i can't use a equip term.

Originally posted by Stream|ine
Way too many n00b stealthers run around with there tools out. I don't pull anything unless im gonna use it. I actually like the VS knife the way it is. The fact that it glows and the fact that the beamer blows. reinforces my belief than being a VS infil takes the most skills. But thats just my opinion.

But i really think the infil needs its own tool. Much like the CUD but does ninja stuff. Maybe a jump booster allow the user to jump say, tower height. Or maybe a limited range teleporter say the radius of a motion sensor. I've heard grappling hook tossed around. Maybe for an additional 2 or 3 points and infil can upgrade his suit to include an additional holster. Only the holster is really small say, 4 squares. only big enough for a nade.
I liek this idea. I would support it. Having the infil have ways of getting around easier for a cost of some inv space. And also the boost in inv space wouldn't urt much. I support this idea full-on.

Old 2003-07-14, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

Sneak up on someone (from behind is safer) and turn melee booster on, once you've got right behind them, flick the knife to secondary fire, two quick stabs, and back to primary.

Reduces noise to a minumum and even an reinforced is down in two

I love using my knife, but I prefer not going into secondary mode. First off, my infil is vanu, which explains it partly. But I find that even with other empires, most experienced players will know the sound of knife in secondary mode, and will turn around before you can get the first strike in. In secondary mode, its practically silent and no red circle flashes on their screen when you hit them. Most of the time they have no idea of what's going on, neither do the people around them ( especially if fighting is heavy and the {yourname}{knife icon} {slaughtered victims name} scrolls by too quickly for them to realize they got knifed).

It takes about 4 hits on agile, and 5 on reinforced when using melee booster. Its great fun to creep up on a wall where snipers and av enemies are positioned. You just keep knifing them over and over. I killed NC like this for a half hour straight one time before the fools actually suspected that an infil was killing them. Then I just lobbed plasma nades from right outside DL range, while the poor bastards ran around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find me. For some really easy kills, hang out in an enemy base behind the lines, and knife them while they're busy at terms. Doing that feels much more fun, like a real assassin.

I've often wondered what kind of havoc an all infil squad could wreak. The biggest limitation to the infil is its limited inventory and single pistol slot, often requiring you to make a tough choice on what to carry. But ten infils, coordinating and cooperating? ACEs,jammer nades, other nades, knives, pistols, medics and hacking galore. Man imagine that
Old 2003-07-14, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Jaged tried to get an all cloaker outfit going, but too many people dismissed it as a basd idea, when it was actually one of teh good ones, IMO. Man that would be awesome. Imagine flciking on your DL and seeing 15 cloakers!

You would get swarmed befoer you could say "WTF?"

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion