Higby resigning.. SOE dying? no.. that was not this intent. This is Duke. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sorry, we're open.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2015-02-24, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unspoken
Private

Higby resigning.. SOE dying? no.. that was not this intent. This is Duke.

First off, new comers (being those pre-2003), you should be ashamed for not fighting me even if I WAS right... I am by NO means the smartest person here and you bastards should have beat me down with logic, numbers and analytics.

With THAT said... Higgs gave up?! Still being on the top of the free to play list on Steam?!

Planetside 2 might be a TDM but it takes US to make it not... Why do you think they were coming to public and semi-unregulated forums for ideas, feedback and fucking feedback?

I stayed away because I am absurdly overly compulsive about this game and I knew it would go left but FUCK... To change their fucking name and make people leave?! No..

Fuck no...

You sons of bastards have to come together...

We have new generation people here... We have old generation people here... Surely to Jesus Christ we can get Higby back......

as MUCH as I disagreed with the flow of Planetside 2, they TOOK IT and they had the balls to make it something different, something absolutely beautiful and very much potential for more....

You... Us..... We.... The collective... the fucking nazi's if need be... cannot give up on this...

You all know how fucking hardcore I was against the lack of LLU's? You remember how MUCH I BITCHED that this wasn't planetside 1? you are going to have to fucking fight for this if you want it... and maybe you dont..

maybe you are all social fucking gamers who gives no fuck about loyalty. Maybe I'm just sincerely fucking stupid for letting this be one of the most provoking IP's that drove me through a fucking brain tumor...

----------------------------------------------------------------

You can give up hope on SOE (fucking wtf is daybreak gaming...)

You can stop giving a fuck...

You can stop being loyal ....

I will fight for this mother fucking shit until Higby is back, until Planetside 2 becomes what it CAN be... And I'll DO IT ALONE AGAIN if I fucking have to.

You are not allowed to Judge me for 2 years, to fight me on every decision that I KNOW to be wrong... Then fucking give up on SOE after supporting them....

I'm a horrible fucking spokesperson and I'm completely unmotivational but by God I am right..

I need you guys to start fighting.... This is the end........

It's not or fucking never.

I always got drunk and done the youtube thing.. I'm 17 months sober and still doing the youtube thing..........................

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=MuTLGLsAzyY

Because on repeat... Maybe it'll make you numbskull bastards see a glimpse of what im trying to say.
Old 2015-02-25, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Higby resigning.. SOE dying? no.. that was not this intent. This is Duke.

You're sober?
Old 2015-02-25, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
You're sober?
Good question.
Old 2015-02-28, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Drunk or crazy - I have no idea what his rant is even trying to say.
Old 2015-03-02, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Oty
Contributor
Corporal

Good to see that there is still passion in you for the game!

here is my thougth on the matter:
well, deep down inside, It is Planetside 1 we want rigth? we should make a move to ressurect that!

How? Social media and well organized, weekly event, posters, spam, youtube videos and twich streams! with a decent amount of spam and hype isnt it reasonable to imagine a 1000 players coming back for 1 nigth a week?

the game is free, and with internet speeds of today its not hard to download.
There must be PS1 vets in top positions in most of the PS2 outfits, if they could do theme evenings with PS1 gameplay and compete against other PS2 outfits there.

If one could get 1 nigth a week to have good pop and that becomes a regular thing, then suddenly it migth become 2 nigths a week etc. somehow get the snowball moving

Then the non vets will get to know all the stuff, like ANTs, LLUs, Defendable bases etc., that PS2 could have. Hopefully they will like it and there would be a bigger preassure on the devs to develop these things! (does this sound logical to you, I think it sounds a fair strategy) It is hard to get people excited about something they have never experienced!

I know I would be willing to participate in the promotion and organization of this sort of event! would you others?
Old 2015-03-02, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Stardouser
Colonel

Implement:

Player Respawn Attrition mechanics:
1. Bases have spawn tickets that will drain. Perhaps a small outpost would have a 1000 ticket reserve with a 20 per minute regeneration rate (200 per minute when the enemy is pushed away completely). Larger bases would have a larger reserve and larger in-combat regen rate. Thus - small numbers of players fighting won't strain the ticket reserves but when you have serious battles going, dying fast will drain the tickets. If the defenders don't win and push out, eventually their spawns will be reduced to a trickle as they have to wait for regen, or respawn at the nearest base back.

2. Same deal for sunderers - perhaps a standard uncerted sunderer could have 250 tickets, more as certed. Say, up to 400.

These attrition mechanics will prevent large fights from taking hours; it will prevent sunderers who sneaked into a hard to reach spot prior to the fighting from staying alive forever. Note: I didn't mention ANTs yet but that would be a way to replenish a base that's draining.

Vehicle Attrition/Resource Reform
1. Sunderers - bump that cost up to 300. Sunderers deployed by the defending faction can be spawned from, but share the ticket pool of the base they spawned from unless they leave the hex completely. Sunderers deployed by the attacking faction will be limited to the tickets they are certed for, but can be supplied by ANTs.
2. Cost for everything else- either leave as is and reduce the resource regain rate, or increase the costs. Enough that smashing enemy vehicles actually has a meaningful effect on how quickly they can respawn.
3. MAXes- remove revives, increase resistance to regular bullets, increase resistance to splash damage, reduce resistance to direct tank shell hits, reduce AI ability.

Note, I didn't talk about LLUs and other PS1 things that would be good, but just because I didn't want to put that much detail into this, not that they wouldn't be good to put in.

The game was really designed into a corner where there isn't much that can be done to turn this from a glorified deathmatch into a real war. Were that not so, we could talk about larger maps and space between bases, which would be a good change because right now, the majority of the game is spent either fighting to remove the enemy from your base walls, or throwing your body at a cap point/trying to find a position where your tank can shell the defenders to suppress them. Way too little of the game is fighting out in the open, and even when it does happen, the extremely fast resource regen and lack of attrition mechanics means that even if you do crush an enemy army in the open on your way in, it doesn't do much to reduce the mindless zerg-respawn defense they will put up at the base itself. Nevertheless, I think some attrition of this kind would at least be worth it.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2015-03-02 at 06:43 PM.
Old 2015-03-03, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I think Duke is trying to say.... SAVE THE WHALES!
Old 2015-03-03, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
I think Duke is trying to say.... SAVE THE WHALES!
Quick to the Prince of Whales!

Old 2015-03-07, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Unspoken
Private

LOL. I actually was sober when I wrote that.
Old 2015-03-07, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Unspoken
Private

The purpose of the post was that Everyone is giving up on the game and bitching about what it isn't.... And ... there is a lot it isn't....

More than that, the guy who put the common touches on it has resigned and we should fight to get him back...

More than that, I have been around since Planetside 1 beta... I have seen the community grow strong, fall apart and grow strong again....

Just like before, the original creators were dismissed and new minds were brought on sculpting the game that it became... I believe Matt Higby has the mind to see it through, he was just hindered.

I've been fighting this fight with a brain tumor, with hamma bitching at me about being politically correct and a handful of people saying that I'm a drunk asshole.. (that happened to get.. everything.. right..)..

What I want us to do is ban together... Let's all create our own roadmap. Let's actually come the fuck together once more and help them help us.
Old 2015-03-08, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I like Higby, but honestly, I think he was part of the problem.

Old 2015-03-09, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

Higby is a really nice guy, a good spokesman and a decent, enthusiastic and ambitious teamleader who is open to critique and changing what needs to be changed. That's to be commended at all times.

Just think he needed more experience in the team with PS-type gaming. I've been under the impression that the people outlining gameplay needed more experience with capture and hold gameplay to fall back on anyway. When the experience isn't there, you can't expect a masterpiece. On the whole, the team that worked on the game did a decent job.

I just think the team wasn't complete. And as PS players we have high standards when it comes to PS games. It's our precious after all.
Old 2015-03-11, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Unspoken
Private

You, me and God know where they went wrong and I think more than anything it's a fear of changing the model for a very small dedicated population. Their profits will indeed diminish if the battlefield/casual players are infringed on by more in-depth mechanics.

The problem lies in the model and it's second release. Planetside 1 was also very similar to this at first and by the time they 'fixed' it (LLU's specifically alongside harsher punishment for death), the population had died, the game's engine became dated and it peaked.

With this, we have an adaptive engine, we have the ability to now reanalyze the data and can slowly (but STEADILY) incorporate small features into the game easily with the engine. Over a ten month period, we could definitely incorporate a sincerely deep meta-game that adapts to the current playerbase that is very similar to Planetside 1.

But will they do it? That's the million dollar question I've fought for years...
Old 2015-03-12, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
You, me and God know where they went wrong and I think more than anything it's a fear of changing the model for a very small dedicated population. Their profits will indeed diminish if the battlefield/casual players are infringed on by more in-depth mechanics.

The problem lies in the model and it's second release. Planetside 1 was also very similar to this at first and by the time they 'fixed' it (LLU's specifically alongside harsher punishment for death), the population had died, the game's engine became dated and it peaked.

With this, we have an adaptive engine, we have the ability to now reanalyze the data and can slowly (but STEADILY) incorporate small features into the game easily with the engine. Over a ten month period, we could definitely incorporate a sincerely deep meta-game that adapts to the current playerbase that is very similar to Planetside 1.

But will they do it? That's the million dollar question I've fought for years...
Well, no not exactly. The thing that irked me most was that PS2 learned the same lessons PS1 already learned, as if PS1 never happened... It was regressive and irresponsible. The CoD/BF monkeys don't need special catering, the whole point was to give them something new to bury in the backyard. But all PS2 did was increase the size of the map and forget it is supposed to be a strategic game first, arena shooter second.

Old 2015-03-12, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unspoken
Private

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Well, no not exactly. The thing that irked me most was that PS2 learned the same lessons PS1 already learned, as if PS1 never happened... It was regressive and irresponsible. The CoD/BF monkeys don't need special catering, the whole point was to give them something new to bury in the backyard. But all PS2 did was increase the size of the map and forget it is supposed to be a strategic game first, arena shooter second.
I can't disagree with this..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion