Infiltration Suit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Helping the government brainwash you, one post at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-21, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Adoptagoat
Private

Question Infiltration Suit

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been covered:

What constitutes moving when in an infiltration suit? Am I moving when I am just looking around (Mouselook) and not actually changing my position, but rotating around?
Old 2003-03-21, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

well even when you are still you can see a VERY faint reflection, so looking arount might catch someones eye of they are really looking for you, but you only start to unstealth if you move.
Old 2003-03-21, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think there's any official information on this, I would assume you wouldn't begin to decloak by looking. A beta tester might be able to tell you.
Old 2003-03-21, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by TheGreatCarbini
well even when you are still you can see a VERY faint reflection, so looking arount might catch someones eye of they are really looking for you...
That's not true. You are 100% invisible while motionless.

Anyway, movement in an infiltration suit constitues moving from your position. You can look, but if you advance forward (even crouching), jump, or do anything but sit in the same spot and look around, you will become more visible to a degree dependent upon the action you took.
Old 2003-03-21, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
�io
Lieutenant General

And even then you're not that visible, i could show you guys what i mean but nobody has answered my thread in tech forum yet so i dunno how/can't get a capture.
Old 2003-03-21, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bighoss
General

I wonder if you'll be able to walk through the enemy because what would happen if some guy in a stealth suit gets into a base your running down the hall way and suddenly you hit a bump does that mean throw grenades at random?
Old 2003-03-22, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Bighoss
I wonder if you'll be able to walk through the enemy because what would happen if some guy in a stealth suit gets into a base your running down the hall way and suddenly you hit a bump does that mean throw grenades at random?
Invisible, yes, but not insubstantial. It is very possible for enemies to uncover you by trying to bump into you, see where they can't move when they should be able to move there. I gotta tell you though, being an infiltrator is not as easy as you think. If they know you're around, you're going to have a very hard time, as there'll be plasma grenades and gunfire lighting the area up, and if you move to avoid it, you'll probably get seen. That's what makes me really question the guy who wrote that journal the other day, saying that Infiltration suits were oh so popular.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Dio
And even then you're not that visible, i could show you guys what i mean but nobody has answered my thread in tech forum yet so i dunno how/can't get a capture.
It is answered now...check it!
Old 2003-03-22, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

Ok i didn't figure out how to get a pic of the shot i wanted but i got better so tomorrow (when i can get Mist to upload it) i'll have a interesting video of the stealth to show you guys.
Old 2003-03-22, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Nepmit
Private

if u think about it even a faint reflection is goin to be hard to see, especially if u r moving. i dont think alot of guys stand around just lookin for faint reflections, theyll rather run around like crazy shootin at stuff.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Nepmit
if u think about it even a faint reflection is goin to be hard to see, especially if u r moving. i dont think alot of guys stand around just lookin for faint reflections, theyll rather run around like crazy shootin at stuff.
I think you're underestimating FPS players. When you're playing these games, you're very focused on the game most of the time, and as such, you notice stuff like little transluscent guys sneaking around. Trust me, if you think you're going to be able to run around freely amongst the enemy, you're going to be in for a surprise. I imagine that once people start getting up to their 2nd and 3rd implants you won't even be able to get close to an enemey -- moving or not -- for fear of Darklight Vision.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
�io
Lieutenant General

Ok as promised here's the very interesting video.

Notice how the infil. suit killed a guy but was still pretty darn invisible. Perhaps just a beta bug yea but it seems like they wouldn't overlook such a big bug.
Old 2003-03-22, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2003-03-22, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
�io
Lieutenant General

Working fine for me, try to download and then play it. (It's a 200k movie, won't take long )
Old 2003-03-22, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NeoDrgnMech
Sergeant

Man, I didn't even notice the inf. guy till like the 5th time I watched it.

/has whole new respect for inf. suit, even if it is a bug
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion