Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 25 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now remember, I like it spicey.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #361
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Please read all the posts before commenting. I mentioned I didn't want to reiterate points over. I was just compiling a list of main complaints by people. Also your fascination with BF3 was evident in your posts comparing a possible prone implementation to BF3 and other games. You're fixated on that implementation and are blinded to other ones. (Not the only person. I remember the words "dolphin diving" coming up a few times so I jotted it down as something people didn't want).

The implementation I defined would fit perfectly into Planetside 2 allowing more complex gameplay. The biggest problem in BF3 wasn't the implementation directly. It was the TTK that revolved around it which made it so effective. .


this game is mostly based on a BF3 and MAG style gameplay mechanics and prone isnt a problem in those game (( drop shot )) always fails in those game at least 99 % of the time prone is more a tactical way to manage to use the terrain to get decent cover for infantry while getting shot from nowhere ! its help to get situational awarness !

I dont know whats your talking about TTK in bf3 is fine but the Headshot hitbox and prone hitbox tend to be inconsistent their is the BF problems

MAG in other hand have a damned good hit detection for prone target so this is never a issue

And for Cloakers its easy to fix the problem cloaker who go prone = desactivate the cloak and cant be reativate until he goes crouch or stand up !

simple as that

BFBC 2 suck in many point due to the lack of prone its playable but remoove all the freedoms to be able to use little hil rocks etc.. as a cover in some situations and since planetside have a lots of plains terrain and desert with few little cover i think prone could be welcome if its well done

so i will say Wait to test it out in the beta and will see !
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-09 at 10:44 PM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #362
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
To all of you that say prone will "slow down game play" how do you know? Does prone slow down game play in COD?????? NOPE haha, you guys just arn't giving that a chance. The main point of prone is to make your body harder to hit, so all of you say its to hard try it! BF3 is not slowed down by pron eater, NOT one game has ever been slowed down by this development. I wont you to name one!!!
Agree their is is is the gameplay look slowing down because i can go prone it just give me the cover i need in some situation

__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #363
Algo
Corporal
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


90% of the arguments i read for prone boil down to "i want to hide".

I'd rather stand and take fire
Algo is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #364
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant
 
fishirboy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
what language is that haha
fishirboy is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #365
fod
Master Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


no prone

only in very specific games does prone work well - heck im not even sure if i like it in bf3 as bfbc2 was awesome without prone

either way i think planetside is more of a noprone game
fod is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #366
Retaliation
Private
 
Retaliation's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
To all of you that say prone will "slow down game play" how do you know? Does prone slow down game play in COD?????? NOPE haha, you guys just arn't giving that a chance. The main point of prone is to make your body harder to hit, so all of you say its to hard try it! BF3 is not slowed down by pron eater, NOT one game has ever been slowed down by this development. I wont you to name one!!!
It's actually pretty obvious it will slow down gameplay. It's a posture that favors staying still over movement. Since you can't advance, it's pretty much only used when the fighting lines are stable or while defending. It's just one more advantage to defenders, and if the balance between attacking/defending is off just a bit it leads to chaos/stagnation.

Since the devs are designing the game based off no prone, it's likely that adding prone could push it over to stagnation. Stagnation is the real reason camping is hated. Every fight just results in being more of the same.

As for games slowed down by having mechanics that favor standing still: WoT.
Retaliation is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #367
Sirisian
Colonel
 
Sirisian's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Question is have you ever play battlefield if yes are you readdy to come and proove me whats you said ?
Woah friendly fire. We both support prone and understand it'll work. Yes, I've played all the BF games. I wasn't really saying prone was a huge problem. Was just saying BF3's TTK made prone more effective than it would necessarily be in Planetside 2's gameplay. I just played during BF3 beta and the TTK was very low. Going prone in a hallway in metro for instance allowed me to rack up killed quickly since other players had no time to react since I'd just put my gun at head level.

However, as I mentioned before BF2142's TTK was higher which effectively balanced prone and put it on par as another choice for cover.

Originally Posted by Algo View Post
90% of the arguments i read for prone boil down to "i want to hide".

I'd rather stand and take fire
Wait you don't like to crouch in games? The game isn't that arcadey.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-06-09 at 10:39 PM.
Sirisian is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #368
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Retaliation View Post
It's actually pretty obvious it will slow down gameplay. It's a posture that favors staying still over movement. Since you can't advance, it's pretty much only used when the fighting lines are stable or while defending. It's just one more advantage to defenders, and if the balance between attacking/defending is off just a bit it leads to chaos/stagnation.

Since the devs are designing the game based off no prone, it's likely that adding prone could push it over to stagnation. Stagnation is the real reason camping is hated. Every fight just results in being more of the same.

As for games slowed down by having mechanics that favor standing still: WoT.
lol camping is part of a mentality the lack of skills and the fear to die look at my Bf video up here it show up many campers in stand up position
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #369
Stardouser
Colonel
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Woah friendly fire. We both support prone and understand it'll work. Yes, I've played all the BF games. I wasn't really saying prone was a huge problem. Was just saying BF3's TTK made prone more effective than it would necessarily in Planetside 2's gameplay. I just played during BF3 beta and the TTK was very low. Going prone in a hallway in metro for instance allowed me to rack up killed quickly since other players had no time to react since I'd just put my gun at head level.

However, as I mentioned before BF2142's TTK was higher which effectively balanced prone and put it on par as another choice for cover.
One thing about BF3's prone, it's actually quite restricted. It's slow to spin around, if you need to stand up, especially while aiming AT weapons, it interrupts your aim for a second or two while you go to your knee and then stand, and if someone gets behind you, you're knife-bait.

And frankly, it doesn't even need to be half that restrictive to be just fine.

Also, prone in my opinion does not give you an advantage in camping corners; crouch is actually better(doubly so if prone doesn't exist, since crouch would then become the most accurate stance) because you retain mobility. Claims of "OMG someone shouldn't be able to get 20 kills in a row by proning in a hallway around the corner" are massive massive embellishments, you kill one guy like that and the next guy is going to throw grenades in; because for one thing, the next guy is likely to be a squadmate of the first communicating in voice chat.

Originally Posted by Retaliation View Post
It's actually pretty obvious it will slow down gameplay. It's a posture that favors staying still over movement. Since you can't advance, it's pretty much only used when the fighting lines are stable or while defending. It's just one more advantage to defenders, and if the balance between attacking/defending is off just a bit it leads to chaos/stagnation.

Since the devs are designing the game based off no prone, it's likely that adding prone could push it over to stagnation. Stagnation is the real reason camping is hated. Every fight just results in being more of the same.

As for games slowed down by having mechanics that favor standing still: WoT.
No, it won't, long runbacks from Galaxies, long cooldowns on squad spawning, and low TTK, will all accomplish that. Prone will do very very little or even nothing at all to slow down gameplay. People who would use prone for staying still will still use crouch.

Also, it's ironic. In the squad spawn argument people are complaining that if squad spawning isn't nerfed to hell, defenders will be too weak. Yet, despite the fact that defenders will have a TON of crouch height cover available to them, prone will overpower defenders? There's a contradiction in one of these arguments or the other.

Lastly, and importantly, SOE has specifically stated that prone is under consideration. Does anyone have ANY proof that SOE has designed the game up to this point based on no prone or is that just an assumption based on the fact that prone isn't currently in?

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-06-09 at 10:45 PM.
Stardouser is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #370
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Woah friendly fire. We both support prone and understand it'll work. Yes, I've played all the BF games. I wasn't really saying prone was a huge problem. Was just saying BF3's TTK made prone more effective than it would necessarily in Planetside 2's gameplay. I just played during BF3 beta and the TTK was very low. Going prone in a hallway in metro for instance allowed me to rack up killed quickly since other players had no time to react since I'd just put my gun at head level.

However, as I mentioned before BF2142's TTK was higher which effectively balanced prone and put it on par as another choice for cover.


Wait you don't like to crouch in games? The game isn't that arcadey. This isn't Global Agenda
MAG on ps3 as solve the prone stuff making the Hitbox for headshot and the hitdetection very strong while someone is in prone so the prone was not use as a silly dropshot thing but mainly as situational way to use terrain as a cover in some really hard battle or to avoid been kill by snipers campers using the terrain as a cover to reach a decent range to take them out

planetside isnt just based figth their is plently of plain terrain with few hill and rocks etc.. whiout prone these kind of battlefield will be true nightmare for infantry soldiers so it will always force into vehicules play in 70 % of the map this is where is my concern about No prone
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-09 at 10:42 PM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #371
james
Sergeant Major
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


No prone, with maps so huge prone does not work well. In bf3 despite its usefulness at times it does nothing but slow down gameplay and encourage a more campy style of play.
james is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #372
mynameismud
Corporal
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


ps1 vet. I'm not gonna try to convince anyone something they like is bad, if you like prone, more power to you. If you don't that is cool too.

But quite frankly if prone is in this game then I am not. That is all.
mynameismud is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #373
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
ps1 vet. I'm not gonna try to convince anyone something they like is bad, if you like prone, more power to you. If you don't that is cool too.

But quite frankly if prone is in this game then I am not. That is all.
sounds like . . . . . .
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #374
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
ps1 vet. I'm not gonna try to convince anyone something they like is bad, if you like prone, more power to you. If you don't that is cool too.

But quite frankly if prone is in this game then I am not. That is all.
I have a question this is your first post and your so deeply agains prone its the first tread you jump into ?

iam just curious ?
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #375
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant
 
Khrusky's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


I support having prone in this game.

Much like one-shot-kills, it forces the player to think before they get into a fight (i.e. actual tactics), rather than making the game about simplistic motor skills.
__________________

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Khrusky is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.