PSU: I can smell your spicy brains.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-03-01, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Another fucking animal, that needs to suffer, horribly.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,112921,00.html

YAZOO CITY, Miss. � Mississippi authorities have found the bodies of two adults and a child in the search for a missing family, Fox News has confirmed.

Authorities said it was too early to determine if the bodies were those of Michael and Rebecca Hargon (search) and their 4-year-old son, James Patrick, missing since Valentine's Day. Autopsy results were expected sometime Tuesday, authorities told Fox News.

Earnest Lee Hargon (search), a relative of the family, was arraigned on three counts of capital murder on Monday. Hargon, a 43-year-old truck driver, was ordered held in Yazoo County (search) without bond.

He is a cousin of Michael Hargon, who disappeared on Feb. 14 along with his wife and their son. Friends and relatives of the family, many visibly shaken, attended the brief court appearance.

Though the bodies had not been found, prosecutor James Powell said the evidence showed that the family was dead. Teams of law officers using portable lights searched into the evening hours for the bodies.

Blood and spent bullet casings were discovered at the family's home in Yazoo County after their disappearance. Investigators have not found a .22-caliber weapon (search) that apparently was fired in the house.

Powell said the slayings occurred during the kidnapping of one or more of Michael Hargon's family. He said Hargon had acted alone.

"We've been saying all along since we've anticipated filing these charges that our case is rock solid," Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Warren Strain said.

Powell said investigators were confident the bodies would be recovered in the search area.

Investigators have been checking a piece of land that Michael Hargon recently inherited from his uncle, Charles Hargon, to determine if it is linked to the disappearance, said Jennifer Hargon, Michael's sister.

Earnest Hargon, Charles Hargon's adopted son, was not included in the will, she said. Strain said the property is a consideration in the case, but not necessarily a motive.

"It could be a potential motive, but it's not the only one," Strain said.

Family members at the hearing declined to discuss the deaths. Louis Fischer, Michael Hargon's first cousin, screamed at Hargon after being turned away from the crowded courtroom.

"It's been a long, emotional 17 or 18 days and I let my emotions get the better of me," Fischer said later. "I promised my aunt [Michael Hargon's mother] that I wouldn't do that."'

The suspect was arrested at his home on Friday on unrelated drug charges. Minutes before lawmen were to bring Hargon into the courtroom Monday morning, Strain announced a delay due to "profound new developments" in the county where the search is being conducted.

State troopers and deputies closed entrances to the land while helicopters and state Crime Lab trucks moved in to assist in the ground search. The property consists mostly of pine woods.

Intense searches of Hargon's home and 160 acres around it were carried out over the weekend by teams using horses, off-road vehicles, a helicopter and tracking dogs.

Families in the area said the land being searched was owned by Tony Moran, whose family lives about a mile from the property. Family members at the Moran home would not comment on the search. The Moran property is several miles way from Earnest Hargon's home near Taylorsville.
Old 2004-03-01, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Indecisive
Major General

Sigh. Not again
Old 2004-03-01, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gohan_VA
Sigh. Not again
Yup, was that just like, hours ago Vic?

Old 2004-03-01, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

Yazoo, that's a funny town name. But yeah, and Vic, keep it the PD forum.
Old 2004-03-01, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I dont know whether to laugh at the town name (yazoo? what the hell were those settlers thinking?) or get angry because some psycho went on a random rampage.
Old 2004-03-01, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Mr1337Duck
Yazoo, that's a funny town name. But yeah, and Vic, keep it the PD forum.
I keep the discussion on it in there, but the story is beyond debate. Its horror of the worst kind.
Old 2004-03-01, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

The Terminator was worse. Guy in the Ukraine who killed 20+ people with a 12 gauge. Wiped out entire families.
Old 2004-03-02, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kikinchikin

Yazoo mississippi was known as the worst town in america during the 50's for its atrocious racism and prejudiced crimes.
Old 2004-03-02, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2004-03-02, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Where is Alucard when you need him? I'd like to see him reach Protocol One with this perp.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-02, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Mr1337Duck
You heartless bastard.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge