HA TR question - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you're asking, "Will my comp run PS", then NO, the answer is NO.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-09-28, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Escroteitor
Private

HA TR question

I'm having trouble with this class. The introduction of shotguns and SMG's seems to render my LMG useless on CQC and the lack of x2 reflex really make me aim awful at mid range, also I have a battle rifle that works better (or I can use it properly) at mid-long/long range.

It seems that I have the upper hand at mid-low range, but well, is not enought.

In fact my k/d drops like crazy when I play this class. I have more K/D as an engineer with a shotgun/battle rifle than the HA with the same loadout. Maybe is that I use a big shiny funfair shield, I don't know.

I don't feel like the stock LMG is bad, but I don't want to start certing without enough knowledge.

Keeping in mind that I have a shotgun and battle rifle unlocked. Which LMG do you suggest to me?.

Also I'm looking for a fair PS2 guide website. Could make things easier.

PD: If you have some advices I'll be grateful.
Old 2013-09-28, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: HA TR question

Check the guide thread, specifically the heavy assault and the TR LMG part.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-09-28, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sarloh
Corporal

So, after spending some time playing around with my Hailstorm I've went back to the LMG's and I found out they they actually arent so bad! If you haven't gotten it already, the MSW-R is a really cheap weapon that I've gotten only for the 50% faster reload but now I see that it has soft point ammo and advanced laser sights, both of which I use on it. I don't know so much about others atm. With SMG's I think they recommend the Hailstorm for the Heavy Assult.

Also a nice source of guides is right here, on the forums! Also on YouTube and do check out the Wiki ( Note, there are two wiki's out there, I prefer to use this one: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2_Wiki ).

And also my advice, activate the shields when you are in a 'duel' with an enemy.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bulltahr
Corporal

As most of PS2 infantry play is CQB, I strongly suggest shotgun for your HA, especially in towers and Biolabs. The CARV recoil makes it hopeless and medium/longer ranges. The shotgun at close range gets it done a lot quicker. Put certs into nanoweave and use that shield! Our LMGs are slow to kill IMHO.

Last edited by Bulltahr; 2013-10-01 at 02:54 AM.
Old 2013-10-01, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

I'm playing Carv-S with extended mags, 200 rounds per mag and it just seems to go on forever. However the recoil is a little much for me at times.

My favourite is the Rhino, recoil is friendlier but you do need to fight at a slightly longer range than with the Carv-S.

Plenty people say the Bull is good, but I'm not sure.
Old 2013-10-01, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Escroteitor
Private

I solved the problem using the resistance shield and nanowave armor. Now with 2 medpacks I go easily on kill streaks.

I use the shotgun for CQC, The minigun (I know its not the best but the sound rise my morale up) and a battle rifle for long.

Thanks for the advices guys
Old 2013-10-02, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

My advice is stop letting your opponent dictate range and you'll do better. There is almost no reason for a heavy to engage someone at long range. Once you are in a base in the thick of things almost all fights are close to mid range battles and the T-9 excels in this space. Shotguns are also beastly, I personally don't like them much

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions