Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-17, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I have a case made by the same people, I generaly like it i made a few modifications however like afront intake fan Duckt and a New 500w PSU. But people tend to say they like that one alot, its based of the Cheming 601 like alot of the cases out there(including alot of antecs, like the SOHO case a while back, and thermaltakes).

This here is may dream case, http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-112.html
the 301 is the 601 only in mid tower, pleanty of fans(3x 80mm, and one 120mm) and a nice window.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-17, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vitter
Sergeant

Wow, and it even comes with a nightlight if your afraid of the dark.

Old 2004-05-17, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Vitter
Wow, and it even comes with a nightlight if your afraid of the dark.

Vitter and his "glow hate". Thats a nice case, though, and TWO side fans coolness... literally...

Btw that case doesnt come with fans, so if you want to pull a Vitter and avoid the glow you could get boring old REGULAR 80mm fans I guess

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-05-17, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Cheap Case, like along the lines of the first one I linked to. One that will stay cool and has a PSU pre-installed.
Old 2004-05-18, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vitter
Sergeant

I just don't see the point.

Why not put LED's on your chair? Or maybe your pen holder? Oooooh.. i know! Let's put LED's on the MOUSEPAD! Then i'll be REALLY l33t. Right? Right?

Cmon.. what the fuck is the point in putting a window and lights on your CPU? Is it a fishtank? Maybe you think the memory chips have it out for the video card and you need a window to make sure they don't get scrappin while your gaming?

And if you do put all that shit on your CPU, you have to keep it on your desk to justify spending the money so you can look at it. Who has room for that? My desk space is valuable. The kittens would have a fit if I put some hulking glowing box on their sitting space.

[EDIT] Oh, and who the hell is impressed with lights? Oooh.. im so impressed yours glows. My system can run a half dozen Star Wars Galaxies at the same time.. but i guess it's inferior because it doesn't glow!

That's like trying to impress a friend with your new car by putting a faget liberal bumper sticker on it.

[EDIT2] This sounds suspiciously like something off of Madox's website... only without the pirates and dropkicking of old ladies. I'm sure Madox would agree with me that LED's are for sissys.

Last edited by Vitter; 2004-05-18 at 02:05 AM.
Old 2004-05-18, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ait'al
Contributor
General

You already can buy leds on a mouse pad?!?

BTW bio. dont get that low of a pwer supply for heavy lighting with good components in your case. I used my whole 500W with my normal computer and a tiny 1inch by 1/2 inch laser kit and a dual cold cathoid kit. Made my computer turn off when i switched it on. get like 550 or 600 watt for lighting.

You can find that case at frozencpu or xoxide or newegg or something without a power supply. someone always has a medium to major case manufactures case with some varied options.

Edit: my pretty psu cant support all my stuff.

And if you want some exterior lighting thats really cool check out frozencpu.com s external lighting stuff. especially the meteor lights for moniters and for above a keyboard. They may become extremely desirable for heavy night use, especially if you think your computer willl help light up your room at night(which it probly wont as much as you would expect if your counting on it to at alll.). Im getting one eventually, now that i have to put my comp on the floor because of the size of my case. Or else i would ahve had some more lighting. Id still consider if you want the case on your desk or have a setup where it may helps light the area(it probly wont be as much as youd like if your thinking about it). And if your getting UV lights at all, they wont light up the area, they will however put extreme emphasis on any uv reactive stuff in your case or in the close proximity, and look alot better than you might think(makes the uv reactive plastics look very pleasent to look at in your case actually.).

And Vitter the lightings arent that prominent. They have a more suttle look to them no matter how you install them. But they are pleasent to look at. Even if the case is on the floor. pictures you see of stuff in stores for the stuff just overemphasize them by getting really close and making them look stronger.

Edit: and if anyone didnt answer this, the sleeve is eitehr the mesh stuff that you can put around it or the stretchy plasctic you can put around the cables to make them color coordinated. Its the option for their supply of sleeving stuff in the sleeving selection.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-05-18 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2004-05-18, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vitter
Sergeant

Why would I care whether the lighting is subtle or not?

I care about how my PC performs, how well it's cooled, and how well it's protected.

If I want a visual cue of how cool my PC is, i'll play any game in the world on maximum settings, then run 3 more games in the background.

The only thing I want glowing is my monitor. Who the hell wants to be playing BF1942 with a fuking mini trance club going off right next to you?
Old 2004-05-18, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yeah well some of us like having something that looks cool siting there in our rooms, and At Lanparties its cool. Its a fucking opinion of weather or not you want lights or windows or something, though a window can be hlepfull for locating say a wire that is banding in a fan, or seeing if you need to dust the cooling bits. Me and Electro personlaly like somethinge with a bit more of a cool look, it not a fucking trance club its just some LED's to show off the inside of a cool looking case, becasue i think the parts i have look cool and i can admire some of the engineering that it took to get them. and it not like the fans i have cost me any more thant normal ones or else why would i have bothered.

No more flames or the thread will be locked Done wiht the petty arguing. More helping Bio with his decision.

Now On to important stuff, Ait if your PSU couldn't support that stuff you ned to RMA it or something, 500watts are more than enough for any system(including something running a Prescott and a Nv40/raptor array), except Big file servers with lots of Hd's or big 4x CPU workstations.

Well bio i would go for that Raidmax Case most peopel liek it and it has a psu thats pleanty.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-18, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Yea, I dont care about flashyness. I just want a good cheap case that FOR A FACT will work and stay cool.
Old 2004-05-18, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

::Points at his sig:: My comp owns, thats why I want to showcase it. Also, I love the color blue, and having my case glow blue in a dark room while I'm playing is pretty neat (IMHO). I spent a lot of hard-earned money on my gear, so I like it to look good.

I guess I can understand not liking the flashy stuff I guess... its all about personal preference.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2004-05-18 at 05:19 PM.
Old 2004-05-18, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

no more of the flshy/nonflshy case stuff electro...

one of these three Bio http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/fro...nu_search.html
nice case plus a 420w PSU a little flshy but nice

Old 2004-05-18, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Will that case keep me cool, Rob Electro?

What about the side intake fan someone said it was a no no.
Old 2004-05-18, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

It will be fine your new system won't be very hot at all the A64 is a nice cool CPU

Old 2004-05-18, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
HunterKiller
Second Lieutenant

i like flashy stuff.
Old 2004-05-18, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Alright, how about this CD RW/DVD Combo Drive? And Problems with Combo Drives?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...151-042&depa=1

As of Now: 495 Dollars left for the CPU Mobo.

Last edited by Biohazzard56; 2004-05-18 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum