Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where people with lives aren't welcome
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

View Poll Results: Mouse: Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?
Logitech 71 66.36%
Steel Series 5 4.67%
Razor 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-18, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Crator
Major General

Re: Poll:Logitech, Steel Series or Razor?

I've used a Razor before. Meh, didn't like it so much. I really like my current Logitech G700.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I used MX518 for 2 years or so. Got one with my ASUS gaming laptop. The ASUS pimped coating flaked off fairly early though and the mouse looked fairly disgusting for a long time One of the best mouses performance/price ratio though. However a "proper new" gaming mouse is still noticeably better anyways.
Heh the outer layer on the sides flakes like mad on mine too but I'm not concerned by superficial wear and tear

I think about the only problem with the MX518 is that those strange black spots along the center make it look like it was brutalized with a hammer (I have the dark grey one)

I have been looking at the newer logitech mice in case it ever dies on me but couldn't find one that has buttons both in front of and behind the wheel, I use both of those in PS and would hate to have to learn a new layout

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Btw, I saw you laying CE in Planetside just 15 mins ago!
I logged on basically just for that, how sad is that

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-03-18 at 10:05 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Microsoft...doesnt die.
This and the sidewinder series is by far my favorite, best form factor, last forever...
Old 2012-03-18, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post

I logged on basically just for that, how sad is that
It's nice cos I'm no 10 year vet, so it's really cool to see familiar names I recognize from forums in game

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-03-18 at 10:09 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Fenrys
Major

Logitech.

The G500 is durable, comfortable, and the button layout is perfect. I switched to it after using an MX518, and the DPI adjustment buttons on the G500 are much easier to use in comparison.

Never used Steel Series - the button placement looks inferior to the G500. Same goes for the R.A.T. They may be good mice, but G500 has thumb buttons and DPI adjustment located where they are not likely to get you killed if you try to use them during a firefight.

I bought a razer copperhead about 5 years ago. It broke after a month, and their customer service would not replace or refund it. I'll never buy another cheaply made piece of shit from Razer.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-03-18 at 10:11 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Azren
Sergeant Major

Had my razer diamondback for like ten years now, guess what I voted.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Kran De Loy
Captain

Like I said, Razor is really hit or miss. Out of the 8 people I know that have or had one 2 of them say they have really awesome experiences with them and they'd keep buying razor in the future. Other 6 had problems with the mice bugging out after an average of 1 year.

The problem I had with mine was that the mouse cursor would suddenly only move from the bottom left of the screen to the top right. Unplug/replug in. Switch USB ports. Uninstall reinstall drivers. Reboot game I was playing when it happened. Often times the problem would persist through every thing including a full reboot of my PC. I even reformatted my PC because I ruled out everything else and thought it could have been a really annoying virus. That didn't stop it from happening either.

When even that didn't fix the issue from showing up randomly I slammed my Razor mouse against my table as hard as I could. Raged.

That fixed it. Physically abusing the mouse was not just the only fix, but a reliable one too. It fixed it every time. Wth, Razor. What. the. hell.

Finally when it began happening every 10-20 minutes instead of once every few hours, I RMD'd it (little more than 2 months after I bought it) and the same issue started happening again after 1 month. RMD'd that one. Seven weeks later RMD'd it AGAIN...

That one I slammed onto my table one too many times and literally shattered the outer casing and snapped off the right mouse button. (cut my knuckles up some, too)

Threw it in the trash at that point.

Edit: Logitech? Logitech gets stories of people complaining about the decals peeling off.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-18 at 11:10 AM.
Old 2012-03-18, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Redshift
Major

i have a logi g700 because i like buttons
Old 2012-03-18, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Eighm
Sergeant

My vote would be for Microsoft if it was there. I've had a Sidewinder x5 for a year and a half and it still works great. I recently got a Naga for $30 at Essex though so I've been using that. It's alright, and with the stories I've heard about Razer stuff I'm sure I'll be back to the Sidewinder in a few months.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
MgFalcon
Captain

So far I have this.

It's been working out well for me, but before that I had a razor (miss it but happy with my new one!)... Logitech was never stylish enough for me - they all look EXTREMELY bland!

I've looks vaugely into steelseries but I would not recoment them unless you're getting a headset... best audio I've ever heard came from my Icemat Siberia (former name of Steelseries) and lasted me 4-5 year before i gave it to my brother - now I have their Diablo 3 themed one
Old 2012-03-18, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Graywolves
General

I use logitech mouse and razer headset.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
I've looks vaugely into steelseries but I would not recoment them unless you're getting a headset... best audio I've ever heard came from my Icemat Siberia (former name of Steelseries) and lasted me 4-5 year before i gave it to my brother - now I have their Diablo 3 themed one
Old 2012-03-18, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

In terms of form and perfect mouse the g500 and the g5 are by far the best mice Logitech have ever made. The mx range are great and they work very well but the size, shape, hefty weight and build of the g series is absolutely unbeatable.

Having owned g5, g500, g700, mx518 and a deathadder that fell to bits in less than a year. The razor wasn't a bad mouse, it just didn't last anywhere near as long as anything else. I'd probably say the g500 is the best one they've ever made, having had it for well over 18 months it's a bruiser, never goes wrong and hasn't got a scratch on it, I can't see it ever breaking and it's absolutely reliable.

So, I'll second the earlier guy, if there's going to be a PS2 mouse, copy the g500, it's perfect.

Razor mice are just gimmicky that entice people into buying by being shiny and ridiculous. They're kind of like sports cars, except they break.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com

Last edited by Skitrel; 2012-03-18 at 12:56 PM.
Old 2012-03-18, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Vancha
Colonel

Razer were better in the days of the Boomslang, Copperhead, Krait and Diamondback, when everything had those silly coloured strips down the sides.

After that, they seemed to turn into the new Alienware, going from products that were "for gamers, by gamers", to products that were "for adolescents, by marketing".
Old 2012-03-18, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
After that, they seemed to turn into the new Alienware, going from products that were "for gamers, by gamers", to products that were "for adolescents, by marketing".
This is the best description of what razor are today.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum