How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place where ANTs can crush a human.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Empire Themes
Take them off,I want empires to have mixes in attributes 5 12.20%
Keep them exactly the same but don't make a huge deal like in PS1(marketing) 9 21.95%
Keep them exactly the same 14 34.15%
Keep them but the difference should be slight 10 24.39%
Every Empire should have the same weapons 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-24, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
That was fine until you realised our ammo boxes were the same size as everyone elses......
I rarely ran out of ammo with MCG.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Redshift
Major

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I rarely ran out of ammo with MCG.
There's not much diff in the HA since they used diff ammo's
but the cycler did 1 kill less per box than the gauss, which is significant tbh
Old 2011-07-24, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

I think that they should build on it more...

For instance with the faction specific tech abilities of maxes should be applied across the board. Would make each faction allot more unique.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Bags
Lieutenant General

There's not much diff in the HA since they used diff ammo's
but the cycler did 1 kill less per box than the gauss, which is significant tbh
The least of the Cycler's problem was ammo.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
The least of the Cycler's problem was ammo.
well it was part and parcel tbh, it had an ammo issue because it had a high RoF, it had CoF issues because of the high RoF, it sucked compared to the gauss because of the high RoF
Old 2011-07-24, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

well it was part and parcel tbh, it had an ammo issue because it had a high RoF, it had CoF issues because of the high RoF, it sucked compared to the gauss because of the high RoF
I thought the majority of the Cycler's problems stemmed from the Rexo buff. Before that you couldn't soak up as much damage and it made the Cycler a viable option based on what I've heard.

Personally, I liked the Cycler. It was clearly the worst of the 3 empire specific weapons but that didn't stop it from being effective. If you could consistently hit your shots on a target >30M out you would be bound to gank them very fast.

Someone put it as "The Cycler is the best gun when you're not getting shot at" But then again which gun isn't good in that situation. Overall, people feel the need to bitch about random shit in an attempt to make them feel better about themselves for sucking at a game.

The Cycler sucks, but not as bad as most people make it out to be. Same can be said about the current Lasher. And I play VS, oh my God!!!! How strange of me to actually agree that the weapon is not as bad as everyone else thinks!!! I think some people should take notes.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-24, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The gauss also had worse COF bloom than the cycler. The higher rate of fire on the cycler was compensated with slower COF bloom, meaning if you shot it in bursts with light taps you got really good results. The Gauss required you to treat it as a semi-auto battle rifle and tap each shot, but if you took a good gauss user and gave them a cycler it was quite disgusting.

Some of the best MA gauss users I knew tore shit up with a gauss. But if they looted a cycler..they became gods. In PS1 the key was tapping. With the cycler you could tap and get off two shots for every 1 without significantly reducing the bloom. So dps went way up to someone who knew how to use it properly.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Bags
Lieutenant General

Gauss is hands down the best MA Rifle. You can kill someone <30 m away from you before the game tells them they have taken damage.

There's a reason at the last TR interfarm I was at all of the top kill whores were using Gauss Rifles and not Cyclers. I can't remember ever dying to a Cycler being used by the other empires in my five years of Planetside.

not to mention the Gauss Rifle sounds cooler

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-24 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Coreldan
Colonel

Lies, Cycler sounds awesome, Gauss sounds horrible
Old 2011-07-24, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Bags
Lieutenant General

Dunno, guess I like pew pew pew more than paff paff paff.
Old 2011-07-24, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Aractain
Major

My rifle goes fap fap fap.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion