Poll: One stab kill? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: DO NOT READ THIS TEXT!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What style melee do you want?
Old Planetside style? (More than one stab to kill) 50 64.10%
Call of duty style? (One button insta-kill) 4 5.13%
Something TF2 ish? (Knife is selected and used well by stealther only) 18 23.08%
Something I have yet to think of? (Don't just select this if you have something write it) 6 7.69%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-10, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Re: Poll: One stab kill?

Originally Posted by Elude View Post
Please add weapon bashing to the poll.
That is a totally separate topic.

However, I REALLY like how weapon 'bashing' in Brink works. It's brilliant. Doesn't do a ridiculous amount of damage, but it knocks them out of your face and on their backs. They have to choose between shooting at you from the floor (with decreased accuracy and no movement) or getting back up.

If you're out of ammo, you CAN kill them with enough melee's but it's far more efficient to shoot them, which it obviously should be.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
That is a totally separate topic.

However, I REALLY like how weapon 'bashing' in Brink works. It's brilliant. Doesn't do a ridiculous amount of damage, but it knocks them out of your face and on their backs. They have to choose between shooting at you from the floor (with decreased accuracy and no movement) or getting back up.

If you're out of ammo, you CAN kill them with enough melee's but it's far more efficient to shoot them, which it obviously should be.
This sort of thing I think would lead to chain blade bayonets

I see no real reason for weapon bashing although the system in Brink was good (one of the few things that was) there does not seem to be much of a place for that in planetside.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
This sort of thing I think would lead to chain blade bayonets

I see no real reason for weapon bashing although the system in Brink was good (one of the few things that was) there does not seem to be much of a place for that in planetside.
It might be possible if there is any form of "downed fire" in PS2.
Old 2011-08-10, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
It might be possible if there is any form of "downed fire" in PS2.
Downed fire (in Brink at least) = lose. I didn't like how they did it in there.
Old 2011-08-11, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Firejack
Private

I voted for the old Planetside style too. Planetside is an action game not some realistic war simulation. Also, nothing more frustrating for a new player to die before he even knows how/ what/ why.
Old 2011-08-11, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Firejack View Post
I voted for the old Planetside style too. Planetside is an action game not some realistic war simulation. Also, nothing more frustrating for a new player to die before he even knows how/ what/ why.
Unless the game involves small maps, kill cam, and only foot infantry (basically, be CoD) they're going to get a lot of that anyway.

It's safe to assume players new to Planetside will be expecting what is considered the norm in most of today's FPS. That includes a melee attack. Maybe not an insta-gib (though some will complain) but at least some form of it.

If all SOE wanted to cater to were the old PS1 vets happy with PS1, they'd have stuck with just a simple graphics update.

And I agree NewSith. The concept was cool, the execution just sucked. Down fire is meaningless if one can't hit anything 2m away from them.
Old 2011-08-11, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

I'm against just anybody being able to whip out the knife and start instagibbing people, but I'd be for some sort of cloaking application. But make it so that when they get the kill they can't fully cloak for x amount of time, or they can only deliver one such kill for x amount of time. Make it useful for a sneaky cloaker who catches somebody doing something stupid, but not a way to clear out an entire hallway from behind.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion