News: Hossin Available NOW on Public Test - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Hamma drunk?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-08-01, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Timealude
Captain

Re: Hossin Available NOW on Public Test

From what I have played so far, it is awesome. The night actually feels somewhat darker which i know people have been wanting and the interlink facilities are very cool.

The one thing I have seen that I really like is the Energy bridges that connect the Charlie point to the rest of the building. I feel that this small objective is something we really needed in terms of base capture. It requires you to hold both C and the terms below. Hopefully this spawns a bit more randomness in fights, but only time will tell~
Old 2013-08-01, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
fierce deity
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
It does feel like Endor(?) on the Return of the Jedi. I felt like an Ewok going through the swamps, trees and murky atmosphere. That's exactly the first thing that came to my mind
Feels more like Dagobah to me. Yoda could be lurking around any corner.

Old 2013-08-01, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sarloh
Corporal

Now how will air units deal with the trees? Will there be openings or will we just have to be really good at flying.
Old 2013-08-01, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Wahooo
Captain

Ghanan? Shouldn't it be Ghanon?
Old 2013-08-01, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post
Now how will air units deal with the trees? Will there be openings or will we just have to be really good at flying.

First time I saw that vid all I could think was... "hey that's me flying a reaver on Hossin!" I'm out of resources but it seems like much of the canopy you can fly through, but the tree trunks still make you explode.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Engineers are going to need deployable spotlights for Hossin.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sirisian
Colonel

Got some nice screenshots while walking around. Amazing continent.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

I am happily surprised.

Seriously, I did not expect to be this impressed by Hossin. The continent takes pretty much everything people have been annoyed about with base design and corrects it. If this continent is to be the premier fighting location of the continental lattice it needed to be 120% of what everyone wanted... and it delivered.

And ontop of that, it looks like an alien world. I mean that was one of those underlying annoyances about Indar and Amerish... Indar looks like West Texas, Amerish like New Zealand. Hossin... Hossin is like a mash up of Daegoba and Endor... it doesn't look like Louisiana, it looks... Alien. If this is the quality of work we can expect from Searhus and Eventually Oshur, I'm more than willing to wait.
Old 2013-08-01, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
GS Ourous
Private

I can see the C4-weilding LA's flying out of the woodwork. My tank cries.
Old 2013-08-02, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Figment
Lieutenant General

The only thing is I've had a really hard time spotting VS (certainly in comparison to TR). Their dark colours kinda blend in with the background and with this fast ttk, it is very hard to compete once engaged.

Anyone tried using flashlights on their guns on this map?

Btw - those yellow interlink arrows, would be nice to know where they are pointing.
Old 2013-08-02, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

So what y'all are saying is, now is a bad time to buy lumifiber?

Looking forward to patching tonight

Old 2013-08-02, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
torokf
Corporal

It's Beatuiful and Gorgeous master crafted, it's well worth the wait, Really Really good job by SOE on this one,
it gives me the feeling of being in the movie of Avatar/Crysis/Jurassic Park and Predator altogether

and the interiors are really well done aswell, man it's ALL SO GOOD!

Why does this game keeps getting BETTER AND BETTEEEEEEEEEERR!!
Old 2013-08-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by torokf View Post
It's Beatuiful and Gorgeous master crafted, it's well worth the wait, Really Really good job by SOE on this one,
it gives me the feeling of being in the movie of Avatar/Crysis/Jurassic Park and Predator altogether

and the interiors are really well done aswell, man it's ALL SO GOOD!

Why does this game keeps getting BETTER AND BETTEEEEEEEEEERR!!
cause the game is PC EXCLUSIVE. nuff said
Old 2013-08-02, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
fierce deity
Sergeant

Hossin is amazing. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. Great base design, Incredibly beautiful, darker nights! Thank you devs, it was well worth the wait. Can't wait for it to go live!

Old 2013-08-02, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
I am happily surprised.

Seriously, I did not expect to be this impressed by Hossin. The continent takes pretty much everything people have been annoyed about with base design and corrects it. If this continent is to be the premier fighting location of the continental lattice it needed to be 120% of what everyone wanted... and it delivered.

And ontop of that, it looks like an alien world. I mean that was one of those underlying annoyances about Indar and Amerish... Indar looks like West Texas, Amerish like New Zealand. Hossin... Hossin is like a mash up of Daegoba and Endor... it doesn't look like Louisiana, it looks... Alien. If this is the quality of work we can expect from Searhus and Eventually Oshur, I'm more than willing to wait.
Echo the comments there and of others for sure; especially ref. the designs based on what has annoyed most in the past. From the small part I've seen I think that the claustrphobic and muggy feel works for Hossin base design and while the drum of "underground corridors" etc. could be beaten I almost don't think it needs them here (obviously this is without mass scale combat and testing). The other continents yes as the terrain doesn't seem to lend itself to base design - however on Hossin it seems to visually look right on first glance with how you can just come up against a huge cliff or dam with a base perched on the side. Haven't had chance to look in the interlink facility yet but the few screen shots I've seen on reddit etc. look like it could be do with being more internally complex/interesting.

Wonder what the place will feel like when weather is implemented to the game - if they said that there would be dynamic water that formed rivers or something...

Would really like those arrows on the floor to take on a more base/installation design feel of the coloured Black Mesa style corridor transit lines; but thats nit picking on a first release pass.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion